1. The UK head coach who had the worst winning percentage: Basil Hayden, who had a 18.7% win percentage at Kentucky. He also has his jersey retired.
2. 6 times an opposing player has scored 50 or more points against UK and all 6 were either Pete Maravich or Austin Carr.
3. Brandon Knight scored more points in his 1 UK season than Forest Sale, Phil Grawemeyer, Cliff Barker, Gayle Rose, Layton Rouse, and Basil Hayden did in their careers. Those 6 players all have retired jerseys.
4. Kentucky is 15-1 in games played in the city of Memphis but has never played the University of Memphis in that city. They have played Ole Miss 6 times in that city though.
5. Before scoring 41 points in the NCAA title game in 1978, Jack Givens had scored over 30 points ONCE in his other 122 UK games.
6. It took Dan Issel 8 fewer games to score 94 more points than Jodie Meeks on the single season scoring list
7. Adolph Rupp only had 1 undefeated team and that team did not win the national title (1954).
8. 15 times a UK player has been chosen as SEC Tournament MVP. Only Travis Ford was selected twice.
9. Despite his recruiting reputation, Rick Pitino did not have a single McDonald’s All-American in 5 of his 8 classes.
10. UK has played games over its history in 9 Kentucky cities. But it has never played a game in Richmond (EKU), Murray (Murray State), or Morehead (Morehead State) and only 1 time in Bowling Green (WKU).
11. Joe B. Hall played at Kentucky for 1 season. He played in 3 games and never scored a point.
12. 11 of the 20 NBA titles Kentucky alums have won came with the Boston Celtics.
13. Half of Kentucky’s Top 20 all-time scorers only played 3 years at the school.
14. Saul Smith had a 1.59 assist to turnover ratio at Kentucky. That is actually a better ratio than Cliff Hawkins, Ed Davender, and Ramel Bradley.
15. Kentucky has had 3 head coaches who graduated from the University of Illinois: George Buckheit (44 wins), Clarence Applegran (13 wins), and John Mauer (40 wins). UK has had only 4 head coaches who graduated from the University of Kentucky.
16. The player who came closest to breaking the 1,000 point barrier but didn’t was Jared Prickett, with 998 points. James Lee finished with 996 points.
17. If Rod Rhodes had played in 1996, and scored his career scoring average that season (12.2 ppg), he would have finished as the school’s 11th all-time leading scorer.
18. Despite the NIT being the elite basketball tournament in the 1940â€²s and 1950â€²s, Kentucky only won that title 1 time, in 1946. They won 4 NCAA titles in that same 20-year span.
19. There are 16 states that Kentucky has never had a player from. They are Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Minnesota, South Carolina, Delaware, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and……….Hawaii.
20. Only 2 former Kentucky players have won multiple NBA titles: Lou Tsioropoulos and Frank Ramsey