Bryan Antoine commits to Villanova

(Photo: Kelly Kline / Under Armour)

(Photo: Kelly Kline / Under Armour)

Bryan Antoine is going to Villanova. The five-star shooting guard just announced his decision via Twitter, surprising many who pegged him as a Duke lean.

Antoine had Kentucky in his top five and was set to take an official visit Lexington later this month, but clearly, he had another set of Wildcats on his mind. His good friend and teammate Scottie Lewis is still scheduled to visit Kentucky the weekend of September 29.

Best of luck to Antoine. Massive get for Jay Wright and Villanova.

[mobile_ad]

10 Comments for Bryan Antoine commits to Villanova

1. AllBall
    11:37 am September 4, 2018 Permalink

Landing a Scottie Lewis committment for next yr’s class to go along with Maxey, Whitney, Allen, and (?) a big would be a great fit.
    I think Cal’s primary targets for the spring are:
    Carey
    Wiseman
    Lewis
    Hurt
    Tshiebwe
    I think we sign 2-3 depending on who leaves.

2. NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
    11:51 am September 4, 2018 Permalink

That would be a great class, but I think we need at least 2 bigs for next yr and maybe a grad transfer and a security big, like a 3 star project so they will be around 4 yrs. of course we would like the 2 headed monster of Carey/Wiseman, but I think we have a better chance of landing Tshiebwe and Anthony. If we get those two and one of Wismen, Carey, Hurt, or McDaniels, will be set and have one of our best classes, if not the best

3. World Wide Wes
    12:02 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

I have a strong feeling Cal is gonna clean up with this class. I see us getting 3 more players, 2 bigs and a wing. Go Cats.

• a21CATSfan
      12:27 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Wiseman, Carey and McDaniels wouldn’t be too shabby.

4. michaelb
    12:34 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Everybody just gonna ignore his hair huh?

5. TheAssman
    1:07 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

This is as good as I can feel about a recruit not picking UK simply because he didn’t pick puke.

6. BigBlue4EverUK
    1:26 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Great pickup for Nova, Kid can ball

7. KYFAN4LYFE
    4:19 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

He may have had UK in his top 5, but I doubt Cal had him in his. We are guard-heavy already, and I’m sure Antoine knew he wouldn’t get any sort of “guarantees” from Cal on playing time, let alone who he would be playing with/against. Worst case scenario for next year is we have 1 PG and 2 SGs ; Nova needed him MUCH worse, after what they lost. But like others said, I’m just happy the kid went there, and not PUKE.

8. StuckinLville
    4:47 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

I think Cal started cooling on this kid when Maxey emerged along with Cole Anthony. They say he’s not the best defensively and that may be why Cal prefers Lewis over him anyway. He’s still a top player, but he has dropped in the rankings. I like Villanova so I am glad to see him there, especially since people seemed confident Duke would win out. I really think all the negative light on Coach K and how he handles things is starting to come back on him. We will see by the way recruiting plays out.