Bruce Pearl called his shot at his daughter’s wedding

This won’t sit well with many Kentucky fans, but it is pretty impressive.

Last summer, during the father-daughter dance at his daughter’s wedding, Bruce Pearl predicted Auburn would be in the Final Four. He also predicted Auburn would beat Kentucky in the tournament.

As “One Shining Moment” played during their dance, Pearl told the crowd, “Next year when we are in the Final Four kicking Kentucky’s ass, we’re going to dance to this song.”

But did he predict Auburn would lose in the semifinals on a foul on a 3-pointer with 0.6 seconds to go? I bet he didn’t see that one coming.

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Bruce Pearl called his shot at his daughter’s wedding

1. IndianaSucks
    1:18 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

It is what it is. Can’t really say much because it came true. We didn’t do our part by winning.

2. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    1:21 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

Not going to lie, thats pretty cool! Bruce Pearl is to damn likable for me. If were talking total body of work, he would get my vote for coach of the year award.

3. tncatrn
    1:24 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

Lol cant be mad about it. He pretty much called it. Besides you gotta love Pearl. I think he is an all around good dude and a pretty damn good ball coach.

4. Han
    1:42 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

This is fine. The man’s allowed to shoot for the stars. I know a lot of people call him scum and a cheater, but he’s always very respectful and likable about Kentucky. He’s always made it clear that we’re the dominant program and he just wants to put up a good fight against us and see what happens. I’ve never heard him publicly insinuate we cheat or attack us for one-and-dones, anything like that, which so many rivals do. He just talks up his guys and tries to get them to play tough, passionate basketball, something some of Cal’s teams have trouble with because of all our youth.

• Cletis75
      3:40 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

He’s definitely not gonna bring up anyone cheating. I’m not gonna credit him for that. He is a pretty good coach as far as X’s and O’S.

5. Duuuuuude
    1:45 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

Interesting this video never surfaced before the tournament.

6. ClutchCargo
    1:47 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

For those who scoff at the idea that we are indeed everyone’s Superbowl, please review this video from LAST SUMMER.

7. cats646
    1:55 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

His daughter is hot

8. michaelb
    2:27 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

When I saw this team play in the Maui I stated that this team looked F4 capable . They’re dam tuff

9. StillBP
    3:00 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

I don’t feel like clicking on the link, but I’m not as impressed as some of you from what I read. So did he predict he would beat us in the FF, bc that didn’t happen. Or did he just predict they would beat us in the tourney; that did happen. Also, it wasn’t an ass kicking. Ass kicking is what we did to them at Rupp before the end of the season. They won, yes, but not an ass kicking. Things like this are why I don’t care that Auburn crapped the bed and lost the game. Everyone in the comments praising Pearl, however if KY had blown a 5 point lead in under 1 minute, the comments would be bashing Cal to no end.

10. Collie
    5:01 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

Even with all the “shady” peppered through his resume, he’s just so damn hard not to like. DAMN IT MAN!

11. ukcamel
    5:35 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

So cringeworthy to make your child’s wedding about yourself. I mean I assume he paid for it, and it’s his right to be a jackass, but come on.

• 1stkatman
      8:57 pm April 8, 2019 Permalink

I pulled for that SOB to win it all after they beat UK. I’m also a fan of the SEC, but now I can go ahead after his blurted comment’s re: UK and revert to feelings I had against UT and YL. Welcome to the clun, AU!.
      All teams that have beaten UK, are ZERO for 16 after losing to us (UK). Look it up. That’s a fact.
      We were their NCAA Championship, and as Coach Cal always says,
      “We are everyone’s Super Bowl!”
      So much so that Auburn didn’t show up in the Final Four.
      Now, 0-16 means that any team that spends their effort to beat UK, and sell their soul to the devil as Bruce Pearl did,…..Bet against that team every time. Sell all your assets and fly to Vegas. You’ll be a winner, just like Bruce Pearl was against us.