Bring on the Cards (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends. Everyone recovered from Chicago? No? Well, thankfully you’ve got two hours of Kentucky Sports Radio to ease the pain. In what will be a shortened week, Matt and Ryan will do their best to review UK’s dominant win over UCLA, just how awesome this team is, and of course, Saturday’s looming matchup with the Cards.

Before we get started, here’s the schedule for the week:

MONDAY – normal show
TUESDAY – normal show
WEDNESDAY – Christmas Eve, NO SHOW
THURSDAY – CHRISTMAS, NO SHOW
FRIDAY – Live show at Bearno’s in Jeffersonville, Indiana

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm

76 Comments for Bring on the Cards (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:56 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

How about that UK game?! Wow.

I have a feeling some Louisville players will try to fight UK for the game. It’s just how they are.

2. RBT
    9:58 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Let’s give Patrick Patterson some love. He is currently ranked #6 for 3 point % at 46.9%. Who would have thought he would have developed that portion of his game so well?

3. UKBigDaddy4
    10:02 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I really just can’t figure out any scenario where UL pulls off a win on Saturday…Trez is a great player(bit of a mouthy punk, if you ask me), but I don’t see any way he is effective offensively. And I see a 3rd foul early in the second half, possible before halftime.

Watched the entire UCLA game with my jaw hanging….UNBELIEVABLE!!!

• CPACAT
      10:17 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Maybe if the Egyptian and the three white guys get into fights with KAT, WCS, and the Harrison twins?

4. doubleDfence
    10:15 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

You guys believe in peaking too soon, or is there anything such thing?

5. CPACAT
    10:15 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

What’s next after 40-0? Undefeated and Unscored Upon! 40-0 and not scored on all year.

6. Crushgroove
    10:18 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Man, Harrell has a whole week to work on new flexes and his right cross.

• Time Expired
      10:22 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I loved it when he knocked his own teammate away, what an ogre he is.

• RealCatsFan
      10:38 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

He took out the ref too!

7. Time Expired
    10:19 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Don’t forget the Hoosiers with the BIG win over Butler. I think Crean is gonna pass out rings for that HUGE win. Fans will decorate their houses with the sounds of the final call. Excitement about a NCAA final 4 and winning it all. Oh the joy in Hoosier land.

• Crushgroove
      10:22 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

You’re (halfway) joking, but my wife and I spent the day in Evansville x-mas shopping yesterday and I saw more IU red than I’ve seen in 3-4 years. Scraping the dregs for Hoosier pride these days.

• Rixter
      10:23 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Ah, a new banner in Ass-embly Hall!

• Realme
      10:24 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I follow Gregg Doyel on Twitter because I like him when he’s on here. Now that he writes for an Indiana paper, if you just read his tweets, you’d think that Indiana was a top five team. Their delusional tendencies are contagious.

8. Rixter
    10:20 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Harrell read that UK was curb-stomping their opponents, so he thought the Cards should try it too

9. MPoole
    10:21 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Just FYI – The current odds to win #9 is 5-6!!

10. FatCatBlue
    10:24 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Someone tell me why UL fans can’t even discuss their own team without mentioning UK. I could care less about them but one day of the year. I have to stop reading my friends’ feed. How can your own player get into a fight and your coach yell at fans and all you can talk about is Cousins, Cal is a cheater, and poking fun of our fans.

• Time Expired
      10:28 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Gotta remember UK is their season, it’s all they got. They win so few against UK and they savor any chance to win and when they eventually lose they blame anyone and anything for their futility.

11. UK_JB
    10:27 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

There is one in FL going to Destin.

It just captures your plate info and they will mail you the toll plus “administrative fees”.

12. Crushgroove
    10:28 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Flashy cars aren’t any indication of status or intellect. Any fool with a job can over-extend their credit, and most do.

13. JoeMoney333
    10:28 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

That was a little excessive. I like the idea of getting really mad for waiting 2-3 minutes, like that is an eternity.

• Rixter
      10:29 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Matt has some anger management issues

14. Rixter
    10:29 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Matt…way to put that low life scum bag in his place.

15. Time Expired
    10:32 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

The Cards are so over matched and the fact they are way over rated will be exposed to their own fans come Saturday. Cats by 20+.

• Rixter
      10:40 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

You are right. This team has already beaten better competition by more…..

16. JVice
    10:32 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

IHeart listeners – help me out here. They do a spot on Genesis where Phil Collins is singing this really high falsetto part. What song is that? I realize this is probably the wrong place for this question, but please.. help a brother out

17. Doug the Prosecutor
    10:33 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I was at Diddle Saturday and, unfortunately, my tickets were in the U of L fan allotment. Considering the the amount of exuberance and trash-talking I heard from those people toward WKU fans following a 9-point win over a mid-level C-USA team, you would’ve thought they had just won the ACC Tournament.

18. bigbluecoop
    10:33 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I hate people. People are ignorant. Every day I see people doing similarly stupid things. Without their credit/debit cards and phones they are lost. When the zombie apocalypse comes, they’ll be the first to go, because they won’t pull their faces out of their phones.

• Crushgroove
      10:39 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I feel the exact same way. Wannabe hardasses that have no clue how to exist outside of electronics, expensive clothes/shoes/cars and drive home to a doublewide or an apartment. No savings/retirement and flashing tattoo debt as some level of achievement. Society is doomed. Time is the only variable.

19. Cat House
    10:34 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Do you know the difference between BMWs and porcupines? With porcupines the pricks are on the outside.

• Crushgroove

2014

21. JVice
    10:43 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

No…. Tao is a word that means “the way”. Art of war was by Sun Tzu

22. J-Dub421
    10:45 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

The thing with Harrell on Saturday is that I can’t figure out why he freaked out and threw the punch in the first place…. It looked like he flipped his lid over nothing. Usually there is some sort of aggravating factor when a guy loses his cool like that, but I really didn’t see any during the WKU game.

• Crushgroove
      10:50 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Did you see his post-game interview a couple games back where he lambasted his own teammates for not having any energy or heart? I think he knows he made a poor choice in schools, is aware that he IS the talent on that team and he’s not mentally stable enough to internalize and/or cope with that information. Makes him volatile. That’s what makes him dangerous.

• bigbluecoop
      10:53 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

It was nothing. Everyone scrambling for a loose ball and he flips out. I’ve lost my temper while playing sports, but I never even considered punching someone.

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I did not see his interview. I just can’t remember seeing a player flip out over nothing like that before, in college or the NBA. I have watched a lot of basketball in my life and I can’t remember seeing anything like that. Harrell went from 0 to completely out of control in an instant, over nothing. He threw a punch, accidentally elbowed a ref, and threw one of his own teammates to the floor, over nothing???

• Crushgroove
      11:13 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Well, that’s kinda what I’m saying. I don’t think our man Montrezl is playing with a full deck sometimes.

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I just went a read that Louisville fan’s twitter that was talking smack about Matt Jones, and he and other fans are trying to say that Harrell was punched in the junk during the scramble for the ball. He has video which shows nothing. If he got punched, I can’t see it. It looked more like Harrell almost kicked the kid in the face to me.

23. Kelly
    10:52 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Shanon…. smh. Now that you are full time you are full of jabs at the ladies.

24. Delk for 3
    10:55 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

John Short was talking about Jaycee Coe — a freshman from guard from Jackson, Tenn..

25. BigBlueSean
    10:57 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Don’t be concerned about UofL. I have no concerns at all for the game against Louisville. Yes it’s at their place but here is why you shouldn’t be worried:

1)This isn’t the Louisville of the 3 past years. There is no Knowles, Russ Smith, Mike Marra, Luke Hancock, or Kyle Curic. There is no one on their team that consistently make shots from the perimeter. They are the worst 3pt shooting team in the nation and you just aren’t going to beat UK in the paint.

2) Louisville wants to press and speed the game up. That’s not the formula to beat us…The last thing I want to do to UK is run…UK has more talent, more athleticism, and more quality depth.

3) They have 21 feet of suck to support Harrell. WMathiang and Akoy are just garbage. They give you a decent defensive presence but they essentially play a man down on offense. The Egyptian have some offense, but is a huge liability defensively.

IMO UK leads by 5-10 at half and win by 15-18. Louisville is no where near as good as their record suggests.

People Seem to forget that last year we basically spotted them something like 15 to 18 points…and still won. Russ Smith and Luke Hancock combined for 43pts and last time I checked, they are not walking through that door. UofL has no outside shooters this year, and virtually no center. Dakari and KAT will have a field day (remember Dakari had 15pts 8 reb).

26. Delk for 3
    10:57 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

The idea that Montrezl Harrell is the best player is absolutely not true.

• Time Expired
      11:24 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I totally agree after all what has he ever done against UK that was notable? Wait he does make funny faces and spits a lot.

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Tubby says Harrell looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane-t Reno…

• RealCatsFan
      11:31 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

IMO, Okafor is a much better player than Harrell. He would eat him up on offense. Okafor has footwork and moves that Harrell could only dream about. Harrell is good for putback dunks and hanging on the rim, but he is deficient on creating his own shot and driving to the basket.

• RexRox
      2:21 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

What is the Over/Under for the number of players on the floor for Saturday’s game who are drafted ahead of Harrell? Let’s start it out at 3 1/2. WCS and KAT for sure. Then you have the possibles such as the twins, Trey and Dakari.

27. houndstooth
    11:13 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I was in Florida going through a toll- well they have the easy pass on the interstate and if you want to pay you have to pull off to the side. My buddy from Louisville just drives past where you have to pay. I ask him if he was going to pay and he says you don’t have to if it’s not on the road. I got a bill for 200.00 because he didn’t pay the toll. Maybe Louisville people just don’t know how tolls work?

28. houndstooth
    11:16 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

When Ryan says push them- he really means push them with both hands.

• Realme
      11:22 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

and then hit them in the face with a ball.

29. Whitesville Cat
    11:23 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

C’mon Matt, there are a lot more Harper fans than Pitino fans in your listening audience. Harper is an intense proven coach. Im interested in what was said during Pitino’s and Harper’s heated exchange. Harper really hit a nerve.

• RealCatsFan
      11:32 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

He told Rick that he heard on the radio that they have stuff these days that will help him last more than 15 seconds.

30. Jay in Lyndon
    11:28 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

The University of Louisville who basically won a championship on ass-grabbing and hacking people are now complaining about rough play. The same team that came at Cousins several years ago with overly rough play. They have the most warped self awareness of any fan base in the country. I hope we lay it on them….the only thing that disappointed me about UCLA…I wish it would have been Loserville!

• J-Dub421
      11:39 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

They’re still whining about Cousins, and our football team this year, and Ritchie Farmer, and Michael Porter, etc. As if U of L hasn’t become second chance university (by second I mean 6th or 7th). Every school has some skeletons in their closet. It annoys me when Louisville, of all places, tries to act like the morality police.

31. bigbluecoop
    11:34 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Kate Upton can grab my groin anytime she likes.

32. Time Expired
    11:34 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Will Card nation Ever show Any class Ever? I don’t think so it is just not in their vocabulary or way of acting. After they take a beating this weekend they will give every excuse they can as to why they lost instead of just admitting UK is just way better. UK is the Lear Jet of college basketball UL is a Stearman Biplane.

• RealCatsFan
      11:38 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

They will cue up the same old tired lame-ass crap about Cal buying players and cheating. That’s ALL they have left. Just wait and see…

33. Realme
    11:34 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Yes to the beard.

34. Crushgroove
    11:35 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Can thirst even have thickness?

• Crushgroove
      11:38 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

The thirst is thick and the hunger is tall. The fatigue is shallow and the anger is long.

• Time Expired
      11:38 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Hmmmmm……………………..

35. Rixter
    11:36 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

so, Ryan..you punched a guy who had his back to you?

36. bigbluecoop
    11:36 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Don’t believe that, Ryan punched the little girl at the baseball game.

37. Realme
    11:40 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I can’t believe Cal saying “I got no schmos on this team” hasn’t become a thing. it’s my new favorite quote.

38. Cat House
    11:41 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Does anybody else think Shannon makes Ryan look like a genius?

39. Crushgroove
    11:42 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Sony and Yamaha are the Acme of Japan; they make everything, therefore nothing is well made.

• Crushgroove
      11:56 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I swear, Warren is the guy that used to call the Mr. Obvious Show on Bob& Tom.

40. Bob Ed Thom
    11:47 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Give Greg Anthony a break. He kept going back to the Great UK 96 team and talked to Antoine Walker about both teams and I think that is where he got the Rick/Cal mistakes. And we need him to keep this SHOOTING MOJO GOING. He is in the house and we are shooting like 50% from 3s.

41. JoeMoney333
    11:51 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

“I just want to make people happy” – Except people at toll booths & McDonald’s lines.

42. buttercup
    11:52 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

“I didn’t want to disappoint them, then I ended up spending 90 bucks on them.” – You have just nailed parenthood, Matt.

43. Bob Ed Thom
    11:54 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Matt,

I think you are letting me down……..
    I would love $90 worth of UK GEAR.
    I will send you my address so you can OVERNIGHT IT.

44. bigbluecoop
    11:55 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

You’re letting down the show thread. Send us all $90.

• Realme
      11:56 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Good one! ——————-

45. catdaddyd
    12:10 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

I don’t think Verne and Greg Anthony make a good team. Calling the last 2 games was horrible. Verne said Bob Uecker was dead, he’s not. Maybe Greg will do better when Jim Nanz shows up.

• Rixter
      1:50 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

between Bob Uecker and Verne Lundquist, one of them is dead.