BREAKING: Jalen Green sets visits, includes KENTUCKY

USA Basketball

USA Basketball

Number 1 ranked shooting guard for the Class of 2020, Jalen Green, has announced his official visits and they include Oregon, Auburn, Memphis, and KENTUCKY! Per his Twitter account, he will visit Kentucky on October 16th-19th.

This comes after his announcement early last month that he will commit on December 25th. Will he be the present every Wildcat fan will find under their tree Christmas morning?

For now, if you need a refresher on Green, here you go!

Article written by Hayden Hooper

6 Comments for BREAKING: Jalen Green sets visits, includes KENTUCKY

1. az1006
    9:01 pm September 1, 2019 Permalink

Oregon, again? If there’s anything that lends me to believe Nike is slinging money all over the place it’s the fact Oregon inexplicably keeps showing up in elite players’ top 5.

2. UKFanSC
    9:07 pm September 1, 2019 Permalink

Dear god……it would be showtime !!

3. mashman 93
    9:16 pm September 1, 2019 Permalink

The 2020 class is shaping up to be a monster class for Kentucky. Clarke, Green, and Christopher. Big Blue needs two of those three and it’s on.

4. season-3-disc-2
    9:45 pm September 1, 2019 Permalink

Awesome! I would love all 4 but Green to me is the one I am least worried about getting out of the 4.
    We have Boston obviously but here is my rank on the remaining 3.
    1. Clarke- his ability to create his shot and make it stands out among the rest. I love how he can shoot from ALL areas of the floor. While people have said his shot release is a little slow and could be faster, I disagree. T. Prince played a very similar style (Clarke has more bounce) and we all know how dominant he was at times. Clarke at his height won’t have any problem getting off his shot at whatever pace he shoots.
    2. Christopher- I love his fearlessness and driving ability. He has the ball handling ability to run the point, as well as move to the wing and make mid-range shots. He seems to be that bulldog type of a player who will not only draw contact, but also make those shots through the contact.
    3. Green- His athleticism is second to none. He will not have any problem rising above the rest. Now he like Christopher will be no stranger to drawing contact, but it’s his ability to make those shots through contact remains to be seen imo. I think his game will definitely be best showcased while playing with other great players. I don’t see his game translating very well if he is the star on the team. His inconsistent shooting will definitely be magnified if he plays on a team where he is the primary option on offense.

• CrystalBall
      10:35 pm September 1, 2019 Permalink

S3-d2. All good points you made.

5. IrishCat
    9:39 am September 2, 2019 Permalink

Aside from the obvious, I think my favorite thing about his game is that he plays hard w/ a big smile on his face. Having a group that loves to play together is a huge advantage, and it’s looking like the group that lands here will certainly have that.