Brady Hoke’s firing may open the door for 4-star QB to UK

Not familiar with Messiah deWeaver? Get familiar. Get real familiar.

The class of 2016’s four-star quarterback is currently committed to Michigan but Michigan no longer has a head coach so he may look to one of his other top schools. One of those top schools is the University of Kentucky, the runner-up for his services in 247Sports.com’s Crystal Ball voting. The race was so tight that deWeaver was rumored to be considering a flip to the Cats a month ago, long before Brady Hoke lost his job.

But there’s more. deWeaver (should I capitalize it there?) is from Ohio, this coaching staff’s favorite turf. He stars at Trotwood-Madison in Dayton, located an easy 144-mile drive north of Commonwealth Stadium. Close to home? Check.

Rivals.com’s Justin Rowland knows what’s up. He just tweeted, “Would watch the Messiah deWeaver situation closely.”

Someone get the dice ready just in case.

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Brady Hoke’s firing may open the door for 4-star QB to UK

1. 25OR624
    5:44 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

His middle name should be Dream, as in Messiah ‘Dream’ deWeaver.

2. Bullitt County UK fan
    6:46 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

The last time we had a messiah come down, it wasn’t to kentucky, but it still went well. I doubt this messiah will be as good as that one was.

3. Elk
    7:25 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

If you’ve been reading anything on Saturday Down South, they’re trying to stir the pot and say that Stoops is a favorite for the now open Michigan job. What this kid does in the next few weeks could likely determine the future of our entire program.

• Elk
      7:26 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

I should say possibly, not likely.

• JFKY
      8:09 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

I like Stoops.
      I think he is a good coach.
      I think if anyone can turnaround UK Football; it’s him.

Why would Michigan offer Mark Stoops the job as HC? Because he has gone 7-17 at UK? Because NOT turning a program around (Yet) qualifies him to turn around a much more prestigious school than UK?

• Elk
      8:22 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

Michigan is looking into Stoops because of his ability to recruit the top tier talent in Ohio. Simple as that. I’m like you, I don’t understand by Michigan, which is almost the college football equivalent to Kentucky in basketball, would want to hire a head coach that is not a proven winner. If Michigan wants to get back on the winning track quick, they need to drop the Brad Dogherty’s and Billie Gillispie’s and start going after some Calipari’s. (I hope they don’t. I hate it for the players, but nothing makes me happier than to see Michigan and Notre Dame fall on their faces time after time after time.)