Boom Williams Talks About His Future

Boom Williams poses with his MVP Award from the Offense-Defense AA Game while rocking UK blue. (h/t kyrecruits)

Boom Williams poses with his MVP Award from the Offense-Defense AA Game while rocking UK blue. (h/t Dan Bodner of kyrecruits)

With the recruiting rush intensifying over the past few weeks, some recruits have fallen off the #BBN’s radar, but you can’t ignore the BOOM.  Stanley ‘Boom’ Williams was not able to enroll early with the seven others in the Class of 2014, but you best believe that Boom is ready for a bright future at UK, “We are going to get back on the road and try to make a bowl game. Then, the next years to come we will be one of, if not, the best team in the SEC. We are going to get some SEC titles and then hopefully work for a National Title.”

Fresh off an MVP performance at the Offense-Defense All-American game, Boom is nothing short of bold.  In an interview with 247’s Josh Edwards, it is clear that Boom will not back down from lofty expectations, “I want everyone to expect a lot. We are hungry and we are going to come in and compete. We are going to take it game by game. I think we are going to make the best of it because we are hungry and want to win.”

Some call that arrogance, I call it fearless.  Boom is ready to make some noise in Kentucky and it all starts when he signs on the dotted line on February 5th, “It’s a humbling moment and I can’t wait to sign those papers and officially become a UK Wildcat.”

[Josh Edwards: Stanley Williams ready to sign with Kentucky]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

9 Comments for Boom Williams Talks About His Future

1. Phteven
    6:16 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

This! Hope that attitude is contagious!

2. Louisville1Cal5
    6:17 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Love it! Boom will be, if he isn’t already, a fan favorite for many years to come.
    Don’t know about a NC, but when his class are juniors & seniors we should be sitting pretty if Stoops keeps bringing in the crazy level of talent he currently is. Can’t wait to see him & the rest of these guys in action when the season rolls around.

3. chris
    7:31 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Bring the boom. Welcome big man.

4. football school
    8:37 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Bring it, son! Lets do this! Go CATS

5. jpg
    10:35 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

When it comes to football, I love it!!!! UK is bringing in talent it has never had in quantity. Recruits are wanting to come in and change the culture/program, in what is one of, if not the toughest conferences in the country. It is great when a player has the swagger that is as talented as him!

Hope his swagger is contagious…

6. Dave in Marshall islands
    11:55 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

I wanted Boom to come to Kentucky as much as I wanted Jason Hatcher to come the year before. I love this class that is coming in and I love what we have returning from last year. IMO I think our defense is going to be so much more improved and I think the weapons on offense will open up things and put points on the board. My only wish is that coach Brown opens up the offense and puts points on the board like Texas A&M did last year. Go Cats!!!!

• Dan
      12:23 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

You need a QB to do that (enter Drew Barker).

7. Bunny
    2:26 am January 28, 2014 Permalink

I’d prefer to not hear any more from him until AFTER he enrolls…

• Sergeant Vince Carter