Bolden struggling with decision, obviously

USATSI_9213675_154849602_lowres

You don’t have to be in the Bolden camp to know Marques is having a hard time deciding between Duke and Kentucky. Yesterday the Montgomery Adviser in Alabama ran a story on Bolden and how the Tide was once in the mix for his services, with quotes from Bolden’s head coach, Chris Dyer.

“He says, ‘Coach is this a life-altering decision,” Dyer told the newspaper. “This could really impact my life.’  I said, ‘Yeah, OK. But you’re still going to school.’”

Though many fans have grown impatient with Bolden’s recruitment, it’s not all that uncommon for recruits to wait this long into the spring or summer. Four other ESPN100 players also remain undecided as of today, including Jarrett Allen.

Remember: Back when we were all anxiously awaiting Andrew Wiggins’ announcement in 2013, he waited all the way until mid May to pick Kansas. More recently, John Calipari didn’t land Jamal Murray until late June of last year, after failing to get Malik Newman in late April and Jaylen Brown in May.

Bolden is struggling with his “life-altering decision” and will announce when he is ready to announce, whether that be tomorrow, this weekend or three weeks from now.

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Bolden struggling with decision, obviously

1. STLouisBBFan
    4:19 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

As much as I hate to say it, his HS coach should have said “Duke or Kentucky, K or Cal, son, you can’t go wrong.” He should have also told him to select the school where he felt most comfortable with the team, coach, academics, and campus – and to ignore all of his friends and mom b/c she’s not going to school.

2. Wildfelinebeeline
    4:28 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

BBN needs to keep up the Twitter fight! Duke fans talking all kinds of disparaging comments about UK and Bolden.

Send Marques Bolden all the positive Tweets you can! Beat that other blue and white team! Go Cats!

• RadioshackGreg
      5:30 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

Rule #1: Don’t tweet at recruits

• satcheluk
      8:25 am April 27, 2016 Permalink

I say don’t keep up with recruiting-maybe a cursory glance occasionally on KSR, then get excited once the team as formed. I like the guys who have committed and am indifferent to everyone else. Go Cats!-this guy is not one yet, so who cares!

3. Duuuuuude
    4:38 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

Maybe he should speak with Malik Newman and see how choosing against the cats is working out for him.

• Loother
      10:09 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

Newman signed with Miss St – NOT Dook…

• WeareBBN
      3:16 am April 27, 2016 Permalink

Or he could speak to Okafor {spelling?} and see how choosing dUKe got him a title and high draft pick while we had the best team ever assembled and lost to the team dUKe beat. Or he can call Wiggins who was #1 without coming to UK. Top player will get drafted where he belongs no matter where he goes to school, or before the 1 and done rule right out of high school. Cal has nothing to do with getting kids the high draft choice, he simply got the high draft choice to come to UK.

4. l503423
    4:50 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

I don’t know why people are so anxious for this kid to decide. The longer this drags out, the better it bodes for UK, based on what’s been reported. He can take all the time in the world, as far as I’m concerned.

• WillB
      5:33 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

I agree. I think if he was really leaning towards Duke like the crystal balls and reporting up until a few weeks ago suggested, he would have committed by now. I think this comes down to if Marcus Lee stays in the draft or not. I want bolden like I want any top recruit, but I’d be just as happy if Marcus Lee came back.

5. Badboy
    6:32 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

I can’t believe that Marcus Lee would factor into his decision.

6. Megan
    8:00 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

It’s a life-altering decision no matter which school he picks. And there is no bad decision here. So really, there should be almost no pressure. I would go with the program that runs itself like an NBA team.

7. GroundControlToNumber9
    8:27 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

We all know what decision he should make. Coach K knows he should come to Kentucky… but Coach K will tell the kid a lie straight to Marques face.

Every statistic that can be presented (and has been presented) shows Coach Cal/Kentucky has better odds (by a sizeable margin) of putting Marques in the top of the 1st round. But the reality is… it’s up to Marques.

Those top spots take a ton of work ethic and desire. Neither Coach K or Cal will be able to guarantee this kid being the #1 pick. But if the kid picked Kentucky he’d be guaranteed a better launchpad.

8. CatBlue in LR
    9:19 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

From what I’ve seen, Jarrett Allen is better. Why isn’t anybody talking about him? Let’s go get Jarrett Allen.