The Basketball Tournament (TBT) starts in a few weeks, and The Bluegrass Boys just added some more depth to the frontcourt. Former Northern Kentucky star Drew McDonald is joining the squad of Kentucky alums and natives to compete for $2 million:
? ROSTER UPDATE ?
We are pleased to welcome 6-foot-8 reigning @HorizonLeague Player of the Year and Cold Spring, Kentucky, native @atmcdonald34 of @NKUNorseMBB to @thetournament. Let’s get this $2 million! ?? pic.twitter.com/6mugoOswHu
— Bluegrass Boys (@BluegrassBoys19) July 3, 2019
McDonald joins a loaded roster, which also includes Derek Willis, Dominique Hawkins, Josh Harrellson, Marcus Lee, Ramon Harris, and AJ Stewart. The Bluegrass Boys are organized by general manager Mark Krebs and coached by two-time NCAA champion Wayne Turner. They’ll serve as host team for the Lexington Regional, which takes place July 19-21 at Frederick Douglass High School. Games will be televised live on the ESPN networks.
Lexington Regional tickets may be purchased at TheTournament.com with options for both daily and weekend passes. Here’s the bracket and schedule (game times subject to change):
Friday, July 19
- 3 p.m. – (3) Fort Wayne Champs vs. (6) Showtime (ESPN3)
- 5 p.m. – (1) Loyalty is Love vs. (8) Hoopville Warriors (ESPN3)
- 7 p.m. – (4) KBC vs. (5) Peoria All-Stars (ESPN3)
- 9 p.m. – (2) Bluegrass Boys (Kentucky) vs. (7) D2 (ESPN2)
Saturday, July 20
- 4 p.m. – Game 2 winner vs. Game 3 winner (ESPN2)
- 6 p.m. – Game 1 winner vs. Game 4 winner (ESPN2)
Sunday, July 21 – Regional Final
- 2 p.m. – Semifinal winners (ESPN)
The eight regional winners will advance to Championship Weekend in Chicago, which culminates with the winner-take-all $2 million championship game on August 6 (7 p.m. ET on ESPN).