BJ Boston moves up in new ESPN Top 100

ESPN’s new Top 100 for the 2020 class is out, and future Kentucky Wildcat BJ Boston made a significant jump. The five-star small forward rose from No. 12 to No. 6, proof of what Paul Biancardi calls an incredible season at Sierra Canyon.

“A true three-level bucket maker, not many have had a better senior season than Boston. He has been scoring at a high clip in his season at Sierra Canyon, and those performances haves been consistent. Boston has been dynamic in the areas of scoring, playmaking and hitting the offensive glass, and what goes unnoticed is his impressive wingspan and how he utilizes it to gain deflections. One of the better finishers in the class when it comes to the transition game, Boston displays body control, bounce and length. He has an extra-long frame with explosive bounce and developed ball skills.”

Former Kentucky target Jalen Green is the No. 1 player in the class, followed by Evan Mobley (USC), Cade Cunningham (Oklahoma State), Scottie Barnes (Florida State), and Jalen Suggs (Gonzaga).

Here’s where Kentucky’s other signees and recruits landed in the new Top 100:

6. BJ Boston, SF (Signed)
8. Terrence Clarke, SF (Signed)
9. Greg Brown, PF (Uncommitted)
25. Devin Askew, PG (Signed)
30. Isaiah Jackson, PF (Signed)
40. Lance Ware, PF (Signed)
49. Cliff Omoruyi, C (Uncommitted)
59. Cam’Ron Fletcher (Signed)

You can see the entire list here.

On another recruiting note, the rosters for the McDonald’s All-American Game will be unveiled at 3 p.m. on “The Jump” on ESPN. I have a feeling we’ll see more than a few future Cats on the list.

9 Comments for BJ Boston moves up in new ESPN Top 100

1. IrishCat
    11:34 am January 23, 2020 Permalink

Our versatility next year will be off the charts, and our depth on the wings will be absurd. IQ’s decision this summer will have major implications, and I think that holds true, to a somewhat lesser extent, w/ EJ as well. Basketball never stops.

• michaelb
      1:23 pm January 23, 2020 Permalink

Quickly is gone buddy lol . All the triplets are first round picks this draft

• IrishCat
      11:40 pm January 23, 2020 Permalink

You might be right. I’m not sold he’s a first round pick, I think he needs rubshiw he can run the point. He couldn’t ask for a better stage and cast to show that than what he would have next year.

2. Catcasey1
    11:49 am January 23, 2020 Permalink

Should be a top 5

3. BBNfromOklahoma
    11:56 am January 23, 2020 Permalink

This is an incredible class. I hope IQ comes back!! I love the rich tradition here. I am a fan of many teams, but to belong to a fandom that is SO competitive year in and year out is such a blessing!

4. ColoradoCatFan88
    12:38 pm January 23, 2020 Permalink

What happened to Kai Sotto & Makir Makur being on our radar? Also, am I being a little selfish when I say that I really wish we would’ve kept pursuing Green!? I know our backcourt will be loaded next season, & I love the 3 studs we have coming in, but Green is an absolute phenom

• StillBP
      1:12 pm January 23, 2020 Permalink

Makur is trying to go straight to the NBA, maybe that’s why Cal backed off. They say it’s very likely he will be included in the draft.

• Corder
      4:53 pm January 23, 2020 Permalink

Green wants the ball in his hands as much as possible. Like a tre young type player. Witch is fine when you don’t have other great players on your team. But when it comes to Cal and Kentucky that doesn’t work.

5. kybirdieman
    1:07 pm January 23, 2020 Permalink

As we have seen this year, these ratings mean nothing.