Billy Gillispie still doing well 15 months after kidney transplant

Photo: @D2Diva

Photo: @D2Diva

In April 2018, Billy Gillispie received a new kidney from Ericka Downey, the wife of one of his old friends in the coaching business. Today, Downey took to Twitter to share an update, writing that almost 15 months after the transplant, “everything is perfect” and the former Kentucky coach is doing well:

The story of how Downey saved Gillispie’s life is pretty incredible, and if you’re not familiar, I suggest catching up via the Dallas Morning News. Things obviously didn’t go well for him in Lexington, but I’m glad he’s been given a new lease on life.

[mobile_ad]

7 Comments for Billy Gillispie still doing well 15 months after kidney transplant

1. Nickerbocker05
    7:10 pm July 10, 2019 Permalink

I’m sure he slept with her too

2. ClutchCargo
    7:49 pm July 10, 2019 Permalink

When that genie came out of the magic lamp and granted his wish to get a piece of her, it seems there was a terrible misunderstanding.

All joking aside, glad to see he is doing well and getting his life back together.

3. Rixter
    8:45 pm July 10, 2019 Permalink

God is good. Aside from giving BCG a bum kidney in the first place.
    Best of luck, Coach G!

• RealCatsFan
      8:59 pm July 10, 2019 Permalink

I think the Almighty gave him a pair of kidneys that were just fine. His lifestyle choices may have contributed to their decline. But you are correct- God is good, and this is an awesome story of selflessness.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      8:51 am July 11, 2019 Permalink

His old kidney says “God didn’t make him drink”

4. zoupman
    10:46 pm July 10, 2019 Permalink

Who?

5. The real bacon
    6:29 pm July 11, 2019 Permalink

You guys are brutal. Yes he might have been a horrid coach but this is a mans life we are talking about. Yes he might have different beliefs in the bottle as you but don’t wish bad on anybody. I’m glad the man has a new lease on life, if he could help any one of you out I’m darn sure you would take it. Don’t throw stones if you like in a glass house