Biggest News of the Day, Maybe the Year: Shake Shack is coming to Lexington

Allow me to be my fat self for a moment, if you will. There is some pretty big news today regarding Lexington and one of the best burgers in America.

According to Eater Nashville, Lexington will open the first Shake Shack in Kentucky. The universally-praised burger joint will open at The Summit at Fritz Farm, the new $156 million, 60-acre development at Man O’War and Nicholasville Road. The development’s website confirms Shake Shack’s future location.

If you’re new to the Shake Shack name, go ahead and educate yourself. It is quietly building a global restaurant empire. Think In-N-Out, but with variety.

Shake Shack is a must for me every time I’m in New York. I can’t imagine how many times I will eat it once it comes to Lexington, but I plan to go ahead and move up a couple pant sizes in preparation for its arrival.

Article written by Drew Franklin

14 Comments for Biggest News of the Day, Maybe the Year: Shake Shack is coming to Lexington

1. Mathlete
    4:20 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

In a related story, I’m planning to open a GoFundMe page to help pay for my quadruple bypass tentatively scheduled for 1 month after Shake Shack opens in Lexington.

2. mfwaldner
    4:25 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

Best burgers in the world!

3. @BallBlog_Chad
    4:28 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

the map also shows a BJs “coming soon” … anybody know what that is? no way I’m going to Google that at work, ha

• BlueDeuce
      4:33 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

BJ’s Brew House is an upscale Chili’s/Applebee’s with several beers on tap. Typical franchise style neighborhood bar and grill. Nothing special really…some folks like them, some don’t. We have several here in south Texas and they were pretty busy when opened but you can get a table any time you want now.

• Booby Petrino
      4:38 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

I love that place! Big menu. Tons of TVs in the ones I’ve been in. Great for game watching,

4. Catsby80
    4:38 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

I’ve never had shake shack, but In-N-Out is fire. You sing high praises, Drew Franklin. I’ll be interested to check this new burger joint out.

• ClutchCargo
      4:49 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

Agree. It may very well be as good as In-N-Out, but I’d have to experience that to believe it.

5. jcatron
    4:38 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

LOL the development site makes the project look just like South Park’s Shi Tpa Town

6. Booby Petrino
    4:38 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

Does this mean we should ditch our Taco Bell stock?

7. commonwealthwildcat
    5:00 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

BURGERFI will be better just you guys wait! Opens mid January next to Moe’s facing the mall! No frozen fries there!

8. DT in DC
    5:08 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

Shake Shake is ok. But for the best overpriced burger, pray a Good Stuff Eatery opens in Lexington. And if you ever make it to DC, it’s a must stop place! http://www.goodstuffeatery.com/

9. binarysolo
    5:28 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

For those planning on going to the UK/Ohio State game at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, there’s a Shake Shack right across the street from the arena. Get a taste of it before it comes to Lex!

I live nearby and I go there all the time. Recommend the Double Shack burger, fries, and the custom beer Brooklyn Brewery brews up for them.

• nybrasky
      6:10 pm November 24, 2015 Permalink

There’s also one right down the block from the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott, which is where a lot of UK fans stayed last time and teams often stay.