BIG show today as KSR gets you ready for the weekend (Friday Show Thread)

ksr-logo

Lots to talk about today, so let’s get right to it.

Matt and Ryan are cramming basketball, basketball recruiting and football into one big Friday show…

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

23 Comments for BIG show today as KSR gets you ready for the weekend (Friday Show Thread)

1. Laker Cat 18
    9:58 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

Big time commitments yesterday! Welcome to the BBN Richards & Washington!

• knowitall
      10:32 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

Just saw on 24/7 that Jerry Meyers changed his pick for Trae Young to Oklahoma and the last couple of predictions for Quade Green has been for Syracuse. Outside of the kid from TN, who will KY get for the 1,2 and 3 positions?

• RealCatsFan
      10:39 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

These kids who are UK targets who pick other schools really puzzle me. I can understand the hometown angle, but can’t they see the cautionary tales of others who tried to do that? I also laugh at the trolls who claim that Cal is paying players. Totally laughable. If that is the case, then I guess these other schools are paying a lot better, because how can you put a price on playing for UK and having a chance to go in the NBA lottery?

• knowitall
      10:45 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

I can see a kid going to Duke (puke), Kansas if they are from that area, Arizona out west and may be even Michigan State in that area, but come on Oklahoma, Syracuse, Alabama? How many quality pro’s have they produced lately?

• Laker Cat 18
      10:50 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

I think you put the full court pressure on Diallo, Knox, and Alexander; then hope you get either Young or Green to flip.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:52 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

Alabama now has the #7 and #31 players in the nation committed according to 24/7. I personally believe they’ll take over that 2nd spot in the SEC in 2 more years when Johnson gets them rolling (where Florida has notoriously been the past few years — they’re the Robin to our Batman in the SEC).

2. To all the vets & current military members out there in the BBN (and beyond): Happy Veteran’s Day. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and God bless you for your service!

BTW, I have to respond to TT’s post about Duke from yesterday: if Duke wins it all that’s tough enough to take. If they go 40-0 I’ll throw up in my mouth.

That said, back to the positive: a couple of great bball commitments yesterday! In Cal we trust!!!

GO CATS AND BEAT UT!!! I don’t gamble, but what’s the over/under on what time the “They low down!” video will be posted today?

• RealCatsFan
      10:31 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

CG, I echo your thanks to all of America’s vets. My daughter’s middle school team is having a Veteran’s Day celebration next week, and she wants her Grandpa (my 88 year old dad) to attend as her guest of honor. My dad actually hesitated because he thought they were wanting younger vets who had been a part of the action in the Middle East (he was in Korea). He is just too humble. I am truly looking forward to taking him there. When our vets are getting to that age, every day is a gift. God bless them all!

• runningunnin.454
      10:41 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

Amen; my Dad and his four brothers all served in WWII, Army infantry, Army Air Corp, and Navy.
      They’re all gone now, and I miss them terribly.

• Awesome! Great stories from both of you.

I remember meeting a gentleman about 20 or 25 years ago, and someone asked him where he fought in WWII, and he said the Battle of the Bulge. I said “Wow!”, and he and his wife laughed and she said “You didn’t think anyone who was in that was still alive did you?” I said “No, that’s not why I reacted like that. It’s just that I’ve never met anyone (that I know of) who was in such a famous battle.”

RCF, some still call Korea “The Forgotten War”, so I’m happy for your dad, and the love your daughter is showing him is very touching.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:35 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

I am hoping that the NCAA selection committee will finally screw Duke like they do us ever year and give them a really tough bracket. At least we know they will not get to play the opening round in their own back yard. It would be so sweet to see them get knocked out in the second round. It would be sweeter yet to see their Ted Cruz spawn get thrown out of the game for one of his little dirty plays that he is so adept at.

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

— every year — self edit…

4. RealCatsFan
    10:42 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

I wonder if Patrick Towles ever wonders if he made the right decision to transfer. I hope the surgery goes well and Drew recovers quickly and is back in pads next spring.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:02 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

Yes. He made the right decision. I like Towles as a player, but I personally don’t believe he was buying into what Coach Stoops was selling. Of course is just an opinion of an outsider looking in.

5. CATandMONKEY
    10:43 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

The Show Thread total has doubled since my browser crashed 3 min ago…perhaps the hopping has started?

6. RealCatsFan
    11:22 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

Major music & movie stars, and athletes, were simply a different breed back then. Especially during WWII, the nation just seemed to be more united and patriotic. Would be nice if Americans today could ever get back to that. I think part of it may have been the fact that America was overtly attacked by an evil enemy, so we had to pull together as a nation to survive. We had a little of that for the first couple years after 911, but it seems to have fallen by the wayside. Sadly, it seems to take a tragedy like this to wake us all up as a nation and make us realize that we are all part of something great, that is the envy of most of the world. Kind of like sometimes it takes a tragedy to bring family members closer together after major differences. We all need to appreciate what we have!

• ukjaybrat
      11:28 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

I agree, but no matter what happens there will always be those evil people that take advantage of tragedy. such as rioters and looters who have no interest in protesting or demonstrating whatever injustice they believe happened. Some people are just looking out for themselves and other people just want to see the world burn.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:33 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

I can’t help but wonder how many of the anti-Trump protesters didn’t even vote in this election. Just doing what they’re doing because they can. Peaceful protesting is great and I welcome it, but jumping and demolishing random vehicles, looting, & rioting is going too far. Those people are animals and need to be incarcerated.

• RealCatsFan
      11:40 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

ukjay, unfortunately there will always be selfish people who will try to self-gain from others’ tragedies. I agree that the rioting is inexcusable, does nothing to help any of us, and those who do it should be in jail. Even worse than those are people who prey on those who have suffered tragedy – the swindlers who swoop in and try to take advantage of them.

7. RealCatsFan
    11:29 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

That is actually Crosby Stills Nash & Young. Basically the same band, but with the added dimension of Neil Young – one of my favorite artists from back in the day. Always thought Neil would be an interesting dude to sit down and talk to.

8. RealCatsFan
    11:30 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

Having some of our older listeners calling in with these stories is really cool! I’m really enjoying this. Hope my phone stays quiet. 😉

9. RealCatsFan
    11:42 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

Terrence Jones was a great example of a returning player who put in the work to get better.

10. Kevin
    11:55 am November 11, 2016 Permalink

When will finals for Bahamas trip be announced?