Beat. The. Cards. (Friday Show Thread)

@Alshnicole

@Alshnicole

@Alshnicole

Happy Friday, folks. I trust you had a lovely Thanksgiving. With the cooking out of the way, it’s time to turn our attention to tomorrow’s huge football game. I hear Louisville hate pairs perfectly with turkey leftovers, so turn up that radio and get ready to hate all things Cardinal. Tune in as Matt and Ryan do their best to get you ready for tomorrow’s showdown. And then get some more mashed potatoes. They really were delicious.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WCBL (1290am): Benton, 12-2pm
WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm

31 Comments for Beat. The. Cards. (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:57 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Hope everyone had an awesome thanksgiving. Too bad you all weren’t having a live remote today.

2. UK_JB
    9:57 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Any update on the guy who called about his twins?

3. UK_JB
    10:08 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

I think I am talking to myself. I thought Ryan would have Jets Pizza.

4. bigbluecoop
    10:19 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Hello! (echo) hello

5. qualitycat
    10:25 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

If Neal Brown leaves maybe they need to get someone to run more of a pro style offense focus instead of the air raid with more focus on the running backs it might help Damien Harris to choose UK over Bama

• bigbluecoop
      10:47 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Really haven’t seen that much true “air raid”. Don’t have the personnel to run it properly. Go back and look at Texas Tech 3 years ago, or what Mike Leach is doing at Washington State now.

• qualitycat
      11:00 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Agree there hasn’t been much “air raid” but that’s how they have packaged the future with these kids they just haven’t had the players or experience to run it yet

6. blubo
    10:31 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

kinda lonely in here since they banned opposing fans/trolls. pablum. vanilla. bland

7. bigbluecoop
    10:34 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

“It’s quiet.” “Yeah. Too quiet.”

8. bigbluecoop
    10:37 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

*crickets* *coyote howl*

9. bigbluecoop
    10:42 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Beat #5 Kansas by 32, so 50 bigguns over #25 Providence isn’t that crazy.

10. bigbluecoop
    10:49 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Cal was handing out $100 bills? Didn’t Wes Welker get in trouble after he did that?

11. bigbluecoop
    10:51 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Classic Ryan on the disciples: Peter, Paul and Mary? LOL

12. qualitycat
    10:55 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Sorry don’t agree with taking the loss in the NC game I was there and was miserable for days, Ill take the banner and our chances after #9 to keep Cal, I think a few of these players would have returned regardless because their draft stock was too low

13. bouzoukiman
    10:55 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Not that anyone on the show will read this since it isn’t actually a “Show Thread” anymore (don’t know whey they assume everyone is on Twitter), but I called the local morning sports talk show here in Montgomery this morning (only about 45 miles from Troy). I asked about Neal Brown, but one of the hosts is Troy’s play by play guy and he can’t say what he may or may not know about whether Brown is the guy. Of course he thinks it will be great if Brown does come back since he worked there for Larry Blakeney (if you haven’t read up on this, Blakeney has done a GREAT job with Troy and has coached there for like 26 years, so Brown would be replacing a legend).

I got my master’s degree at Troy’s Montgomery campus so I hope they get a great coach (only somewhat of a fan compared to UK), but I hate to lose Brown. I wonder if he knew Blakeney might retire and if he might have turned down the Arkansas State job last year?

14. kyjoe4uk
    10:56 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Matt when are u ever going to get it, this state was NEVER going to elect Grimes, aka rubber stamp for Obama, even though I think Mitch isn’t much better either, he definitely beats her. Cal or whoever putting his support behind her wouldn’t have made a difference either. I think voters in this state are smarter than that in electing someone on the basis of their sports support or alliance. The bottom line they are more important things going on than sports all the time, plus everything is not a joke or something to be made fun of all the time, just saying.

• bigbluecoop
      11:01 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

No way Cal takes a photo with either candidate prior to the election.

• cats paw
      11:03 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Richie Farmer would disagree.

• kyjoe4uk
      11:09 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

I grant u that exception but he was also supposely a conservative that went bad, one reason I’m just about sick of all politicians. 🚽

15. bouzoukiman
    10:59 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

why not whey.

Oh, and nice echoing across the holler bigbluecoop! lol

The so called “Show Thread” would not be so dead if the guys would actually read a comment now and then.

16. bsmith4
    11:07 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

I am headed to Louisville to watch the Cats play… Is there going to be a Pregame tailgate show?

17. bigbluecoop
    11:10 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

We are the show thread, the mighty, mighty show thread. Every where we go, people want to know who we are, so we tell them…..

18. wu slang
    11:18 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Roderick Rhodes wasn’t a senior on the ’96 team. He had transferred.

• kyjoe4uk
      11:27 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

That is correct, he went to Southern Cal I think, but with this show facts are optional, right? 😉

19. Doug the Prosecutor
    11:25 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

We have never played at Pauley Pavilion. We played UCLA at the Anaheim Pond in the ’95 and ’04 seasons. We haven’t played at UCLA since 1959.

20. kyjoe4uk
    11:40 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Bring back Hal Mumme as OC, make it happen, Go Cats!!!!

• cats paw
      11:58 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Now we’re talking! It was the best era of being a UK football fan. Regardless if we sucked….it was at least fun to watch. If you’re going to get beat by 30 points, it’s at least fun to have your own team put up 30

21. Rixter
    11:44 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

The last time UK played in a bowl game, Pitt didn’t have a HEAD COACH and they destroyed us. I don’t think Losing Coach Brown would hurt us for one game.

22. bigbluecoop
    11:44 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

Ky. Joe. LMAO! I worked in radio for many years and saw my share of “Kentucky Joes”.

23. cats paw
    11:54 am November 28, 2014 Permalink

So Matt wouldn’t have hired Pitino at UK after he left Boston?? Right

24. keiths
    4:35 pm November 28, 2014 Permalink

14. I understand! Why would anyone want to elect the cronie of someone who has raised the Dow 10,000 points, has 56 straight months of private sector job growth. all time low interest rates, low gas prices. I agree, lets go back to republican rule! crashed the economy, TWO wars, high fuel prices, losing 800,000 jobs a month! SOUNDS GREAT!