Be Proud of Who Yourself (Tuesday Show Thread)

lemond

Yesterday, Ryan Lemond gave us a line that will live in KSR infamy when he said “Be proud of who yourself” during the “Ryan vs. Miss America” segment. With Ryan’s words in mind, let’s conquer Tuesday and get ready for another classic episode of Kentucky Sports Radio.

Join in on the discussion by calling (502) 571-1080.

Topics include:

— Who is UK’s next basketball commitment?

— Yet another QB battle

WKYH (600 am) Paintsville
WLSI (900 am) Pikeville
WPRT (960 am) Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240 am) Somerset
WTCW (920 am) Whitesburg
WBTH (1400 am) Williamson, WV

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 3-5 pm
WMTL (870 am) Leitchfield 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WPAD (99.5 fm/1560 am) Paducah 5-7 pm

245 Comments for Be Proud of Who Yourself (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m surprised to find out the WKYT bathrooms smells awful, but I wonder how they compare to the other stations? I can’t imagine WLEX would be better because of Alan Cutler, I’m not sure about WTVQ. I would love to see Drew Franklin write a post comparing all of them.

2. UK_JB
    9:55 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I guess I can trust anything from Uncle Danny and things in print. Is that game on CBS or ABC?

What other games do you think we will win with UK football? Maybe 2?

3. Fake_TG_Thunder_Shuck
    9:56 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

It’s cool but will warm up to 76 today. Be proud of who you’re weather.

4. Delk for 3
    9:57 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Jay-Z rapping on Drake’s new album:

“Shout out to Worldwide Wes, everywhere we go we leave a worldwide mess.”

5. Delaney Hanley
    9:59 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Shannon it’s Fee Waybill of the Tubes birthday please play Talk To Ya Later or She’s A Beauty.

6. quickie
    10:00 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I had a feeling that Uncle Danny was correct while you felt the need to make fun of him.

7. rick
    10:04 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

What quarterback battle, If Smith is ok to go then he is the starter. Anyone can see he’s the best quarterback we have. He is almost has good as Bridgewater.

8. Delk for 3
    10:05 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I’ll tell you this one more time: We cannot win with Jalen Whitlow playing quarterback. The redshirt will come off Towles if Max’s arm is too weak now.

9. Bluegrass
    10:07 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Did Ryan get that shirt from Zeus?

10. Kidnut
    10:07 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Almost missed the start of the show, was going through 630 WLAP’s web site and got side tracked by Oktoberfest Babes

11. POTUS
    10:08 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Hello Matt Jones,
    Just sitting here with my good friends Mr. Holder, Joe the VP, Barbara Striesand, Chris Matthews, the KGB, IRS healthcare enforcement team, and a few other likeminded folks going over my wonderful new healthcare plan while catching up on the KSR podcasts! I just wanted to clarify one thing(well, a few things actually).
    Loooooooookkk!! The caller, I believe his name was Billy, was actually correct, I do SUCK!!
    Just look at how I handled the Benghazi coverup situation, the IRS debacle the Fast and Furious coverup debacle, the NON Affordable Health Care Act, asking God to bless Plannned Parenthood, my “Green Jobs/Bankrupting the Coal industry disaster” and wanting to rush into striking Syria, even though none of these decisions have been popular with the majority of Americans!!!!
    I just wanted to reiterate the fact that Billy is correct I do SUCK!!! But I do want to thank you for your support!!!!

12. realme
    10:08 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Delk I’d prefer to see Patrick start to get some experience now. No way Max can stay healthy (I’d rather be wrong), and Jalen can’t do it by himself.

13. UK_JB
    10:08 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

West 6

14. Scott
    10:09 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Ryan told you yesterday that the reporter would ask you that question.

15. Cumberland Gap
    10:09 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt please tell Tom Leach that I am not a state park. I am a National Historical Park.

16. Fake_Sue_Wylie
    10:10 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Did you mention me or Chris Cross?

17. zg
    10:10 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

the seinfeld episode about georges crush on tony “The Stall” is on tnoight at 7.30 on tbs

18. In The Know
    10:11 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Towles is not 100%. Not sure why the staff and/or media is not reporting it. As things stand now, he will not play this year.

19. Demo1975
    10:12 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Can you spend 2 minutes in the decommits from UL. This a big problem for Them?
    Dec 29th is gonna be huge! Game of the decade?

20. realme
    10:12 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Don’t trust the Herald Leader! They would much rather twist your words and create a controversy.

21. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:12 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Do you wear shoes at WKYT? I don’t at WDRB. That’s my point of view.

22. Scott
    10:13 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, There has to be a hotel near WKYT that you could use to change your clothes.

23. UK_JB
    10:13 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Alan Cutler runs over to WKYT from WLEX to use the bathroom and then leaves.

24. Edd
    10:14 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Reporters are like cops. No matter what they say, they are not there to help you.

25. realme
    10:14 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

You should smell the women’s restroom at Rafferty’s on Nicholasville Rd. It will make you retch.

26. Delk for 3
    10:14 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Heard some of Jody Demling’s show this morning and heard a caller say that Lyle and Snider had to have de-committed from Louisville because they were so intimidated by Chris Jones. The caller said he watched Jones in a pickup game down at UofL and said that Jones “was flat-out awesome.” Demling said he agreed and that Lyle and Snider had to have seen Jones “and wondered how in the world am I going to get playing time?”

These people are so delusional it’s ridiculous. It was a good laugh I got on a Tuesday morning.

27. Jax Teller
    10:14 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m Rob Bromley and I destroyed the WKYT restroom. Stay tuned for more “In the 2nd Stall Injury Updates”

28. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:15 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

The WKYT mens restroom stinks because Coach Robic left an upper-decker during the Haiti fundraiser. What a prankster.

29. Chris
    10:15 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I dump water down our bathroom floor drain at work once a week to keep it from drying out. If I don’t sewer gases come up from the floor drain and it is awful.

30. Delaney Hanley
    10:15 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt is that restroom worse than the rest stop bathrooms?

31. Hugo Cabrera
    10:15 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt –
    Upstairs or downstairs bathroom at WKYT? This is important.

32. Bluecatwild
    10:16 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

The sewage trap is likely dried out (drain in the floor) and need filled/cleaned.

33. Huh?
    10:16 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Ok all you fools on the Towles train…..give it up…..1) HE is not 100% healthy, 2) He isn’t picking up the offense, 3) He isn’t making the right reads in practice and is “Staring down WR’s”, 4) He already has a slow release so that gives DB’s even more of a jump, 5) He isn’t the best decision maker either….

Phillips is better than Towles at this point.

34. Delk for 3
    10:17 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

That newspaper writer will certainly write a lot of positives about you, but will also include many negatives.

35. DrSayre
    10:17 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

JB haha Id like to see Alan Cutler in a disguise sneaking around WKYT, to go number 2 then leave

36. Jellylegs Johnson
    10:17 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Just heard that the Bell County – Middlesboro game was suspended until Saturday because the lights went out on half the field. I think Matt Jones sabotaged the lights to get the game moved to Saturday to give the yellowjackets a chance.

37. realme
    10:17 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Ok, then get Phillips some experience now.

38. Scott
    10:18 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I credit Tony Vanneti with you becoming more “manageable” Matt.

39. Jay in Lyndon
    10:18 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Think of it this way… Would the Old Man Dong story happen on KSR today? Doubtful

40. jim
    10:19 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you ever heard the phrase “leave your dirty laundry at home”

41. Jay in Lyndon
    10:19 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Progress!!!!

42. CutlersCan
    10:19 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

If WKYT’s bathroom is that bad can you even imagine how awful WLEX men’s bathroom has to be?

43. Hash
    10:19 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I commend Shannon and Ryan for putting up with Mr. Jones. He is good at what he does but he is mean sometimes and I probably couldn’t work with him.

44. Jellylegs Johnson
    10:19 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Doesn’t Marcus Lee have a mohawk? It is not died purple though. Do you think he announces for UK with a died blue mohawk?

45. Huh?
    10:20 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Phillips throws a beautiful ball….He is a lot more talented than ppl think……It cracks me up how in the beginning everyone was like “We have great depth a QB” and the reality is we don’t even have 1 lol

46. JackB
    10:21 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Evan Daniels says Kansas is favorite now for Okafor, Alexander and Turner. Is that true? That would be awful.

47. Thomas
    10:21 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

What about Louisville losing that BB commit?

48. Delk for 3
    10:21 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

33 — Whatever man. You know no more than I do. I guess Jalen Whitlow is just hitting receivers in the numbers all day long?

49. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:22 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

WKYT released a statement regarding the KSR debacle : “The smeller’s the feller”

50. Slash Slash
    10:23 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Amazing the first commercial after wkyt toilet story is for lex rooter.

51. Wilmore Cat Fan
    10:23 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Listening to the iheart stream of WLAP…is it just coincidence that the first commercial after your WKYT bathroom segment was for Lex Rooter? If WKYT is listening, maybe they will give them a call…

52. The King
    10:23 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt’s newest contraversity: Flushgate

53. Chris
    10:23 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Professor of what, not communications.

54. Delk for 3
    10:23 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

45 — I thought you were saying Whitlow was the better option. Sorry. Maybe Phillips is the answer. I do know that Whitlow is not.

55. HugoCabrera
    10:24 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I am commenting from the WKYT mayor’s office (Dave Baker) and you can expect a nasty call after the show.

56. DrSayre
    10:24 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, that episode provides us with another big question. If you’re at the WKYT bathroom, and Dave Baker is in the stall next to you and asks you to “Spare a Square?”, do we do it?

57. quickie
    10:24 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, as long as you didn’t let the reporter know that you hate children and dogs you will probably be ok.

58. Huh?
    10:25 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, WCS is 7’0…..he better learn to play with his back to the basket because judging on last year he cant shoot worth a lick….

59. Jake
    10:25 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Are WKYT’s refrigerators being stocked with chobani greek yogurt?

60. Scott
    10:26 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

A poo plant?

61. Chris
    10:26 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like a crappy job!

62. Kidnut
    10:26 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

If Cal is going to sell the fact he develops big men he isn’t going to simply throw lobs.

63. Jax Teller
    10:27 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Can you imagine what the bathrooms at Poop U smell like?

64. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:28 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Tom Eblen usually covers the long delayed, completely underwhelming, Centre Pointe development in downtown Lexington. Its just like the KSR website re-design.

65. Bluegrass
    10:29 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I heard that Jeff Goodman wrote his article about College teams’ depth while sitting in a stall in the WKYT restroom which would explain irrational writing

66. Kidnut
    10:29 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like the makings of an 80s sitcom. Fish out of the water UK fan moves to Pennsylvania, meets a spunky youngster at a yard sale and hilarity ensues.

67. Delaney Hanley
    10:30 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Louisville Slugger bats and Ali as well

68. Jellylegs Johnson
    10:31 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky is also known for banjos. If I am not mistaken I think that movie was set in West Virginia.

69. Fake_TG_Thunder_Shuck
    10:31 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Yeah that bathroom does stink.

70. slash slash
    10:32 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Actually we have a 5th brand. Turtle man.

71. Wedding Planner
    10:34 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Evans tweet about KU on Okafor, Turner and Alexander -> NOT GOOD. I hate KU

72. Delk for 3
    10:35 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

That Western loss doesn’t reflect on the true quality of each team. Don’t forget that while our team is learning, our head coach is learning. That Western wasn’t just our team’s first game under a new coach, it was our coach’s first game as a head coach. Learning how to become a head coach takes time, although each coach has a different learning curve. The first game is extremely tough for all new head coach’s though and is often times just a crap shoot. The learning curve looks like it is going to be a fast one though for Coach Stoops. From game one to game three, Stoops’ team has improved drastically. If we can get a decent passer back there at QB, I would expect this team to get a couple wins this season that the experts do not expect.

73. Boogie Fan
    10:35 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Now Jim Nantz needs to take his oil painting and leave the Final Four. Let Ian Eagle take over, he would do much better.

74. Ira D. Combs
    10:35 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Just set down to an impressive breakfast of ham , eggs , hash browns , biscuits/gravy that I prepared in my home and as I raised the first fork to my mouth ……… Matt gives the latest health report in a very graphic manner on WKYT’s bathroom ……….. thanks a bunch Matt that’s a few pounds I’ve saved and food money I’ve blown …..

Can’t wait on the Herald – Leader’s low down of it’s most famous critic ………. now if they will just sit down with my rich and famous brother Oscar Combs and ask him a few questions about his career in covering UK athletics

Love to give you guys a short weekly report each Friday for a few minutes on Kentucky high school scene

75. Jake In Pittsburgh
    10:35 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I work at a mortgage company in Pittsburgh PA and Friday after the show I go for a smoke break where a man noticed my shirt (UK coaches Polo. Plug op for the best place for UK gear… Fan outfitters!) and says that he has family on the Basketball team. The man is LARGE and White, so I assumed none of the players and asked him who. He then tells me he Is John Robic’s 1st cousin, after some small talk about the upcoming BBall season I say, “did you know that your cousins hair has its own twitter page?” He commenced to Laugh Hysterically for 5 mins and the only thing I can get from what he is saying through his laughter is “I want his hair SSOOO bad!”

76. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:35 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Kellogg is terrible…and overly biased to BIG 10 due to his Ohio State connections.

77. McOnions
    10:35 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Ryan just said “I like Clark on the desk”, hey now!

78. quickie
    10:36 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Tom Eblen is the guy who doesn’t think Center Point is pretty.

79. Scott
    10:36 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I’d like it if Gus Johnson called every UK game.

80. James K
    10:38 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

The guy from the AT&T commercials is a UCB theater product (something Amy Poehler started), and a lot of SNL people have come from there. UCB has moved into the same league as Second City and the Groundlings as a breeding ground for stars. This guy probably would’ve made it either way, but those commercials certainly helped.

81. quickie
    10:38 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

“Lets have the best product in the toilet”. Did you just say that?

82. zabisco
    10:38 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

75 – Pls stop posting the same silly post everyday

83. a Bill Lamb In Sheep's Clothing
    10:38 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Ryan, remember Matt’s “Seinfeld/Tony” reference in regards to your man-crush the next time Gregg Doyel is on the show.

84. BigBlueMan
    10:38 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

WKYT needs to get some Poo-Pourri! http://www2.poopourri.com/t/entry10/#.UjhpD9LZjAw

85. UK_JB
    10:39 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

The WKYT building is about 45 years old. Time for updates.

86. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:39 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

My brother used to be a custodian at the Adair County High School gym. He always said that the ladies room was terrible…much worse than the men’s room.

87. Scott
    10:39 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Please ask John Short about his “Liberal” views, Lol

88. Bluegrass
    10:39 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I’ve had to clean restrooms before when I was a teen and worked at a movie theater and the WOMEN’S RESTROOMS ARE THE WORST!!

They are designed nicer than Men’s (couches, flowers, etc) but are usually dirtier than Men’s

89. CJSportsGirl
    10:39 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Wemon’s restrooms are absolutely NOT as bad as mens. No matter where you are – that is not true.

90. Delaney Hanley
    10:40 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I have friends who have worked in bars and they say womens bathrooms are much worse. Feminine products everywhere.

91. Carl Hurley
    10:40 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I suck. And I’m not funny. That is all.

92. Kidnut
    10:40 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Upright Citizens Brigade

93. Sir Barton
    10:40 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I sit next to the women’s restroom at work and it is AWFUL! Women are dirty…

94. quickie
    10:40 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Ryan should not let this comment by Matt pass. He should be all over the, “Lets have the best product in the toilet”.

95. Fan in London
    10:40 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if Beck Bennett is related to Mags and Dickie?

96. Mt Washington Mike
    10:41 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

as a cleaning company owner for over 25 years… in the buildings we clean women’s restrooms are usually dirtier than men’s. The restroom in question could be the floor drain or the bottom seal on the toilet……. or it’s just plain dirty

97. Trice
    10:41 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Women’s restrooms are worse by far because they wait to do their business in a bathroom away from their significant other.

98. Bluegrass
    10:41 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Women try to flush everything they own in their purses down a toilet. It gets naaaaasty!

99. Walter White
    10:41 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

When is the last time a man flushed a cotex and stopped up a toilet?

100. Mack
    10:41 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Can Mr. Short fill the hole in my heart and do a Leonard’s Losers type thing on pre-game show?! “Cayts by 10 bigguns.”

101. UKcatJB
    10:41 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Some womens bathrooms are cleaner than mens. It just depends on the particular species of women.

102. quickie
    10:42 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

You should really tell Uncle Danny you are sorry for making fun of him.

103. Wedding Planner
    10:42 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Oubre has is a SF.. what does that have to do with KU getting all the bigs?

Its Ourbe or S Johnson for us

104. Nope
    10:43 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Mark the tape….nose whistle

105. J
    10:43 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Women’s restrooms are way cleaner..I have a four year old daughter and I can not stand taking her into the men’s restroom, they are nasty…….I now take her in the women’s restroom (if it is a single bathroom) because it is so much cleaner….I am a guy and we do not clean up anything….don’t even get me started on how the people from Mexico put the used toilet paper in the trash can…..I know in Mexico that is how they do it because there sewer systems can not handle paper….may Matt caused the sewer problem in the orphanage….

106. HugoCabrera
    10:44 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I consider myself a restroom expert, as I once worked for an event restroom provider for huge concerts / large events / fancy weddings. From the most standard to the most elegant clientele, women are without a doubt, the sloppiest, dirtiest, most disgusting people on the planet in terms of their restrooms.

Absolutely awful, awful people as soon as they step across the threshold of a restroom.

107. Delk for 3
    10:44 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Clark Kellogg is nothing special, but I don’t think he is bad at all. The thing he does do well is lighten the mood. In a very tense tournament game, I do find his color commentary to be a bit relaxing. I do not think, however, that Greg Anthony is entertaining or good at all.
    My favorite in-game commentator is Stephen Bardo on ESPN. When somebody jams on someone’s head, he says “oh no, got some bitter beer face on that one.”

108. Useless Knowledge
    10:44 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I heard the smell in the WKYT restroom is caused by the big brown insider.

109. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:44 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Look at Danny trying to setup some gigs for Matt

110. Huh?
    10:46 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

2014 Final Class:

G: Ulis
    G: Booker, Blackmon
    F: Johnson
    F: Lyles
    C: Towns Jr.

Final Class

111. Hollahollaholla
    10:46 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Are you guys seeing something in Jalen Whitlow I do not see? He is not an accurate passer and has not played well thus far. Practice is not game play. The kid would obviously be a better Randall Cobb type (wildcat QB/WR). Plus his future in the NFL is at WR. Playing at QB is a disservice to him and the fans and the team.

112. Edd
    10:46 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Can I get a transcript of Danny’s call? In print, that is.

113. BigBlueMan
    10:47 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of Hurley, anybody remember about 20 years ago when WVLK replaced ‘Leonards Losers’ with Hurley before the football games? (Ralph Hacker wouldn’t pay Leonard’s new rates)
    It was the God awfullest thing ever.

114. Travi
    10:47 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Definetley agree that women’s restrooms are worse. Where i used to work the toilets were clogged all the time in the women’s restroom

115. Huh?
    10:49 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

CORRECTION

2014 Final Class:

G: Ulis
    G: Booker, Blackmon
    F: Johnson, Oubre
    F: Lyles
    C: Towns Jr.

Final Class

We Will Lose: Hood, Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, James Young, Julius Randle, Alex Poythress, WCS……That is 8 free scholly’s….plenty of room

116. Bluegrass
    10:49 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I miss Gus Johnson

117. Cats
    10:49 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Pretty sure it was Whitlow throwing the bounce passes and he’s not even hurt!

118. DrSayre
    10:50 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I saw it in print, that Turner wants Marv Albert to call the final four with Greg Anthony, but that it probably wont happen this year.

119. James K
    10:50 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

By this logic Josh Carrier would’ve been a four-year starter. Some guys just do not show up in the games.

120. Teddy Poopwater
    10:51 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I smell too.
    that is all.

121. Hollahollaholla
    10:51 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I like Max Smith but he is injury prone.

Injury prone QB vs. WR = I take the backup QB (Towles)

122. Fake_TG_Thunder_Shuck
    10:51 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I have a feeling as punishment WKYT will have the KSR minute in the bathroom now instead of front of the green screen.

123. Scott
    10:52 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Did we ever get the iheart issue fixed for our hard working state employees? I think it may be time for Ryan to call someone.

124. Delk for 3
    10:52 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I once was having major stomach troubles in Los Angeles and ran into a grocery store to find a bathroom. I went to the men’s room and it was locked. I then ran into the women’s room (single toilet) and locked the door behind me. A couple of minutes later, I heard a Mexican woman come to the door and she said “Hellooooo, es enyone en there?” I got my girl voice going and replied very softly and feminine like, “Si”. She replied, “okay.” A few minutes later I got done and walked out the door, hoping the lady was gone. Unfortunately though, the poor woman was still there. Obviously, she was quite horrified to see me — a big man — walking out. I just smiled and said, “sorry.”

125. quickie
    10:53 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Hideous is the word I would use for women’s restrooms.

126. catscatscats
    10:53 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

The only way Towles and Philips gets playing time is if Whitlow and Smith cannot play because of injury. I will say though that there are many players who are better in games than in practice. Kurt Warner being a good example. We know this UK staff is willing to try different things, if they feel like they need to try a different QB, then they will.

127. Wedding Planner
    10:54 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

115 – good class with many of them staying multiple years.

I think James Young will be back. Not sure about Dakari though

128. Chris
    10:54 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I would give him an I love tight ends shirt and put him on the radio.

129. Razr Raybob
    10:54 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Sammy Crazy Clown guy would be a Radio Co-Host in Kentucky!!

130. Walter White
    10:56 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

The guy in the clown suit is one of my sales staff.

131. tooblueforyou
    10:56 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt try and get the entire student section to dress up like the clown for one of the basketball games

132. AnthonyBBN
    10:57 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I bet Joker Phillips just might show up to the game as Pennywise.

133. Doo Doo Brown
    10:58 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt said it’s not like last year, we’re putting points on the board. It’s exactly like last year. 1st 3 games with Max Smith at QB we scored 14 vs UL, 47 vs Kent State, and 31 vs WKU.

134. Delk for 3
    10:58 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

126 — We cannot win with Whitlow and our coaches will do what they have to do to win. I trust them on that. I suspect we will see Towles and/or Phillips get their chance.

135. Scott
    10:58 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

If Creepy Clown guys wants to be Creepy I’d beat him at his own game. I’d take about 6 or 7 kids and pay that guy a visit. After 15 minutes I guarantee he hangs that clown outfit up FOREVER!

136. Blue To The Bone..
    10:58 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Where can I get one of the I Love Tight Ends t’s ??

137. Carlos Danger
    11:02 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I hate clowns! I don’t understand why people take on another persona.

138. Huh?
    11:03 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, honestly, the stats against Miami don’t mean shit. Miami ranks 122nd in defense…..Against our best competition Max went 9/20 for 109yds against UL…..Jalen went 8/17 for 105yds………… Max did go 8/13 for 125 and a TD against WKU but to be fair WKU was playing essentially a prevent defense and we all know Jalen struggled…..so judging by how they did against halfway decent competitions….that’s pretty bad…..and from here on out, the defenses only get better….

139. Dusty Baker
    11:03 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Trust the coaches or trust these coaches? Some coaches around here don’t get the benefit of the doubt, some do.

140. Huh?
    11:05 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Wedding Planner:

JAmes Young is picked as a top 10 pick, Dakari is a lottery pick……if they stay anywhere close to that….kiss em goodbye

141. Bob Cobb
    11:05 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I would rather have a creepy clown hanging around than this jerk who dresses up as an abominable snowman and holds signs with anti-semitic slogans. He stands at major interstate exits in Northern Kentucky and walks around sports stadiums in Cincinnati.

142. Edd
    11:08 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Wearing a clown suit in Commonwealth Stadium is allowed. I’ve seen it in print.

143. Huh
    11:08 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

James Young is barely a top 10 player, how the hell is he a top 10 pick?

144. quickie
    11:08 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

It is football season.

145. WOW
    11:09 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Who knew that the abominable snowman was into white power?

146. Walter White
    11:09 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

It is pretty odd to want to be famous. I try to stay under the radar.

147. catscatscats
    11:09 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

delk for 3 – I agree with you that we will probably see Towles and/or Philips. I think we can win with Whitlow, we need to give him easy passes to get his confidence up before we give him difficult throws. Alot of NFL teams do this when helping new quarterbacks adjust to the league, I think we should try it. I am not saying Whitlow is amazing or anything, I just think he needs a confidence boost. There are easy throws that will give him some confidence, Whitlow seems afraid to throw the ball.

148. Walter White
    11:10 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

How often do you bleed and pass clots in the restroom Matt?

149. L-evator
    11:10 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matts bias is out of control, yeah bubby the UK team that DIDNT EVEN MAKE A FINAL 4, was more transcendent than a Louisville team THAT WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. You the clown bruh, not the guy in England.

150. Chris
    11:10 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

It all comes down to the metal bin full of used femine hygene products.

151. Bluegrass
    11:11 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Men’s Restrooms have pee on the seats with the occasional poo in the bowl – THAT’S the worst it gets in Men’s.

You cannot fathom what happens in the Women’s Restrooms. I’ve seen poo smeared on the stall walls and had to clean it.

152. realme
    11:11 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Does he always call Ryan Brian?

153. AnthonyBBN
    11:11 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Well Matt, I am glad we have completely destroyed your innocence thinking women are so much better. They are gross too.

154. The Juggernaut
    11:12 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Did Matt ever talk about the UofL de-commits? He said he was going to get into it yesterday, but I didn’t hear it.

155. Jax Teller
    11:12 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I must have missed something, why is there a guy in England dressing as Dan Dakich and standing holding balloons?

156. Huh?
    11:13 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Huh –

Well, they have updated all the Mock’s but from what I have looked at he is projected as 7th, 12th,11th,13th,9th

157. CATandMONKEY
    11:13 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Ask any school custodian which gender maintains a more disgusting bathroom…not the males.

158. Truth
    11:14 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt you know I got big Stesticals.

159. quickie
    11:14 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Calling him The Truth is like calling Steve Spurrier The Humble.

160. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:14 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I love the Truth!!! He is exceptional

161. realme
    11:14 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt at Crean Camp would have been amazing. Why in the world would they issue that invite?

162. use the john
    11:14 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

guys are bad about throwing stuff around but think about girls who throw stuff around and what they throw around. I walked in to a bathroom once where a girl obviously didn’t sit down on the seat because it looked like someone had sprayed painted the toilet.

163. HugoCabrera
    11:15 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

The main reason women’s restrooms are worse is because they don’t have the equivalent of the “bro code”. Men have a ceiling to how clean they can be because they just do. But they reach their potential more often than women, because they look out for the next guy. A woman’s default attitude toward other women is that of jealousy and bitterness. They display their true attitude when no one is watching, like in a restroom.

164. TB for UK
    11:15 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I used to work at food city in whitesburg and everyday in the WOMENS restroom someone would throw feces on the walls and floors just everywhere..at one point I had to drag the waterhose into the bathroom and spray the whole restroom down in order to clean the nasty mess..haha true story

165. Creed
    11:15 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m a pretty normal guy. I do one weird thing. I like to go in the women’s room for number 2.

166. classof68
    11:15 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Clara Bell on Howdy Doody was a fat clown.

167. Call the Ball
    11:15 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt. Have your met the lady youre in the new commercial with? The Hudson Nissan lady Is Smoking friggin hot.

168. Jax Teller
    11:15 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

The Bobby Knight furniture store carries only the finest chairs to throw and slide across basketball courts.

169. Jellylegs Johnson
    11:16 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

If Tom Crean were to dress like that clown and come out of the locker room clapping would IU ever lose a game? If I were the opposing team I would immediately leave to court and forfeit the game.

170. Walter White
    11:18 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

165 your definition of pretty normal is skewed.

171. Scott
    11:18 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt Elam = Billy Bob from Friday Night Lights “I give it a 9…no a 10 a 10”

172. Edd
    11:19 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

A little weather trick – if you set a rock outside, and it gets wet – it’s raining.

173. Bluegrass
    11:19 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

You should get someone else to read Doron’s tweets. Like Tony Vanetti or Rob Bromley or something. It would make it sound more special

174. idea
    11:20 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

You should have the truth come on and read dorons tweets in a smooth voice…that would be funny

175. realme
    11:20 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Are you sure someone didn’t get ahold of Doron’s password? Those tweets were too coherent.

176. Bizzaro World
    11:21 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Now we know that Crazy Joe Davola moved to North Hampton.

177. Chris
    11:21 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Call the ball I think that is why she is giggling at the end of the commericial.

178. realme
    11:22 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Women will pee all over the seat and then smile at you as they leave the stall. I agree they can be disgusting. But not me, I’m not a jerk.

179. Dwayne
    11:22 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt did I see your boy “The Heavy Hitter” on the Gigapan standing on the sideline with a UK jersey on and tucked into his jeans?????????

180. quickie
    11:23 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

“Lets have the best product in the toilet”. Matt’s newest piece of wisdom.

181. UK_JB
    11:23 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

She is cute but she is WAAAAY too excited on the TV commercials in Lexington.

182. Scott
    11:24 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Shannon, I think the fact that she’s in a car commercial is a good indicator that she’s attractive, not her voice.

183. Chris
    11:24 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Every time Matt says Tell Me More I am waiting for him to start singing the song from Greese.

184. quickie
    11:24 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

To be honest this is Matt’s wish for WKYT: “Lets have the best product in the toilet”.

185. UK_JB

11:25 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

*** she is. Sorry.

190. Jax Teller
    11:25 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

191. Walter White
    11:26 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

They didn’t have Tim Couch waiting. But they did have Towles waiting.

192. Chris
    11:26 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Sorry Shannon she has a huge rock on her hand.

193. Huntin Chickens
    11:26 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

did you all just stop KSR college website?

194. Kidnut
    11:27 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Are we sure that the clown in England isn’t Joker Phillips with another great recruiting pitch for a youngster in North Hampton. Come play for the Joker.

195. Hash
    11:28 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

19diggity2 is wigety-wigety-wack!

196. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:28 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

That girl would never date Shannon because he doesn’t come with a lifetime warranty.

197. BBN
    11:28 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Didn’t Stoops say Towles would be the back-up on Tom Leach’s show last night?

198. New Car Smell
    11:28 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I bought a car from Hudson Nissan because of the lifetime warranty. Had my Pontiac had a lifetime warranty I wouldn’t of needed to trade.

199. realme
    11:29 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Life won’t always pee on you if you be proud of who yourself. You should know that Ryan.

200. Kidnut
    11:30 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I am going to say no, the teams will be nowhere near their level of play. The Final Four last year was pretty good.

201. quickie
    11:30 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt says, “Lets have the best product in the toilet”.

202. Gus Chiggins
    11:30 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Didn’t Brent Pease say he was gonna come in here and score 70 on us? Lorenzen hates him

203. Jax Teller
    11:30 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Apparently WKYT didn’t get the lifetime warranty on their toilets.

204. UK_JB
    11:30 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Play Ryan’s version of that commercial

205. BackdoorSlider.com
    11:31 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you have to go The Tom Crean Experience!!! Never again will you get a chance to cut down the nets after a loss.

206. Delaney Hanley
    11:32 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

On commercial when Matt says lifetime warranties he sounds like Jim Mora saying playoffs playoffs. Maybe Matt can get a Coors Light commercial.

207. Carlos Danger
    11:32 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

if a guy wanted to text this auto sale hottie how would they go about getting her number?

208. Joker Phillips
    11:34 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I’ve done more for Kentucky Football than any of you ‘nex who do nothing but complain and can’t even fill Commonwealth for UL. Oh and I actually attended and graduated from UK. Add something positive then talk trash.

209. Dave M Band
    11:35 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Shannon, More cowbell!!! Ants marching outro was a great choice, lots of good choices with DMB for coming in and out of the segment. I have used them on a lot of my short films.

210. Edd
    11:36 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

But, this one goes to 11.

211. Fake_TG_Thunder_Shuck
    11:36 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

What about the Wildcat Ford Twins?

212. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:36 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Goodman’s list had nothing to do with sports…his depth rating was based on love of poetry, philosophical leanings, and capacity to feel emotion. That’s deep.

213. Hash
    11:37 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of Harvard. Did you know that Dean Norris (Hank) from Breaking Bad graduated from there?

214. jimp
    11:37 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

On the show yesterday you were talking about Tyus Ulis and how he would do for UK. I think it is the same as when recruiting football players, you look at who else is recruiting them. Tom Izzo at Mich. St. was recruiting him really hard. That is good enough for me. Also, UK could have Peyton Manning playing quarterback and UK fans would be saying the backup should be starting instead. Always been that way except when Couch was there.

215. Jax Teller
    11:38 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Give me UK’s 6-8 guys and I’ll take my chances on Harvard’s 1-5 guys. 3 on 5, leggo.

216. quickie
    11:38 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt you really said, “Lets have the best product in the toilet”.

217. Chris
    11:39 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I think Dave and Danny are related.

218. Walter White
    11:39 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Black is not a color so it is not an infringement of our colors.

219. Bluegrass
    11:40 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

For the people that complain about the colors – how come they don’t complain about the Grass being Green? What are we Michigan St now?

It’s a stupid argument

220. realme
    11:40 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Loved the black jersey, blue pants combo.

221. Wesley
    11:40 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I view our depth like this:

Ppl that can play each position:

PG: Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, Jarrod Polson, Dominique Hawkins

SG: Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, Dominique Hawkins, James Young

SF: Alex Poythress, JAmes Young, Derek Willis, Julius Randle

PF: Julius Randle, Alex Poythress, Marcus Lee, Dakari, WCS

C: Dakari, WCS, Marcus Lee

THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL AN EXTREMELY FLEXIBLE, DEEP BENCH!

222. Jax Teller
    11:41 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Dear God, we still have people complaining about jerseys. Attn old folks, it’s all for the players and recruits. See “jerseys, Oregon”. It worked out pretty good for them.

223. BaldyInMendo
    11:41 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Dude, I had 2 female roomates in college. They taught me a lot. One thing they clued me in on was that when 2 women go to the bathroom together (like they often do) and there is only one toilet (like in ur house) one of the women will climb up on and straddle THE SINK! Yes! In YOUR house…In MY house…they do it ALL THE TIME!

224. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:42 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Shannon didn’t make Goodman’s depth list because he is so shallow. For all he knows, the Hudson Nissan girl could have a terrible personality.

225. quickie
    11:42 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Please hang up on Louisville fans even when they are reasonable.

226. Wesley
    11:43 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

DEPTH IS THE MOST OVERRATED THING EVER

WE WENT TO THE FINAL FOUR WITH 6 GUYS!…….

227. realme
    11:44 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

224 = BS

228. Bluegrass
    11:44 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Based on your list of teams to leave for, I bet 3 of those “premiere” jobs will be available at the end of the season – Texas, USC and Florida

229. Wesley
    11:45 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Here is what is going to happened Matt:

Muschamp to Texas
    Strong to Florida
    Petrino back to UofL

LOL!

230. jim mora
    11:45 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Hanley- I could agree more…. Playoffs! Playoffs!

231. Kidnut
    11:46 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I’d say that is some pretty classy ladies

232. Champ
    11:46 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Why does matt keep telling us to stop “junking and driving”

233. DrSayre
    11:46 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I’m starting to think that’s a big reason why Charlie Strong stayed at Louisville for another year… 2 of those jobs are almost certain to be open (USC and Texas) and another 2 could come open (Florida, and possibly Alabama if Saban goes to Texas)

234. Linda Taylor
    11:47 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

OMG I have never been in a women’s restroom that had feces on the walls and 224 I have never known any woman who would do that. Goodness.

235. Javier
    11:47 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Matt, why did they lower the pitch on your voice for the DUI PSA? That’s way too creepy.

236. Jax Teller
    11:48 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

As soon as I saw proper punctuation and sentence structure, I knew that wasn’t DLamb tweeting.

237. Jax Teller
    11:51 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Doron’s tweets are even more gold when you consider who he follows and what he’s favorited.

238. Deron Translator
    11:51 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free!

239. Jax Teller
    11:53 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

In other words Doron just stole Mike Jones’ line “back then hoes didn’t want him, now he’s hot they all on him”

240. Wildcat30
    11:54 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Doron should also know: you don’t tug on superman’s cape,you don’t spit into the wind, you don’t pull the mask of the ol lone ranger and you don’t mess around with Jim

241. bobedthom
    11:54 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Ryan Get the Put Down Right next time.

It is, “UK has 7 NBA Draft Picks on their roster and Harvard has 7 MBAs on their roster”.

Sometimes you just can’t Be Proud of Who Yourself.

242. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:55 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

UT is a 17.5 point dog to Florida

243. Kidnut
    11:55 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Doron should make sure to get the credit score of any woman he dates. It isn’t romantic but fiscally sound.

244. Why do some people breathe
    11:57 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

Who is this rp? he is a DUMBASS!!!!!