Baseball wins series against Texas A&M

(Chet White | UK Athletics)

The University of Kentucky baseball team beat Texas A&M today, 11-4, claiming the series. They will go for the sweep tomorrow.

Kentucky’s final tally was 11 runs on 17 hits, with only one error. Dylan Dwyer was awarded his fifth win, working 6.2 innings and surrendering5 hits. He pitched a high number of balls with 110.

The win was a team effort. Reed was 4-for-6 from home plate and had a homerun with 4 RBI’s. Kuhn was on his heels with a HR and 2 RBIs. Thomas, Tom, Bernal, Wilson and Shelby all each had a RBI.

A.J Reed has been most impressive on the team lately. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound left-handed pitcher/1st base player, Reed is also currently 15th in NCAA in home runs per game. He is just one of seven players in NCAA Division I who have hit a home run and earned the in on the mound in the same game. He has earned a countless number of awards in the season.

The Wildcats climb back above .500 in the SEC and look to move to 2 games when they go to the sweep tomorrow.

Article written by Courtney Hessler

Ashley Judd is my spirit animal. Follow me on twitter at: @Hessler_KSR

11 Comments for Baseball wins series against Texas A&M

1. proofread
    8:45 pm April 19, 2014 Permalink

Proofread

2. BNClay
    8:46 pm April 19, 2014 Permalink

I have never once complained about the writing on this site. But this Courtney needs some help with baseball. 110 Balls??? Should be 110 pitches I hope. 1st base player? How about 1st baseman. Home Runs per game? I don’t even know what that was supposed to say.

3. Bill
    8:57 pm April 19, 2014 Permalink

Wow, this story is very poorly written. If you want to write about baseball know the positions (i.e. First baseman not first base player)

4. ted
    8:58 pm April 19, 2014 Permalink

Wow that’s just horrible writing.

5. Maxwell
    9:13 pm April 19, 2014 Permalink

lol relax guys. She messed up a few of the expressions. Not the end of the world. Your day is not ruined.

6. Damn
    9:16 pm April 19, 2014 Permalink

Damn ease off…. We knew what it meant.

7. uk1sec
    9:46 pm April 19, 2014 Permalink

Nice pic of Ryne Combs from the Louisville game.

8. CarolinaCatFan
    10:01 pm April 19, 2014 Permalink

Wow. I have never once complained about the writing on this site, but I can’t let this one slide. This was really poorly done. I understand that the bulk of the content on KSR is about basketball and football, but could we at least get someone that understands the basic premise of baseball to do a write up? I played and coached at the college level, and I understand that the majority of people that visit here don’t care about baseball, but for those of us that do at least humor us a little. AJ Reed has a good chance to be the Golden Spikes Award Winner(national player of the year) and it would be great for KSR to at least accurately mention what he’s in the middle of accomplishing. Heck give me a pass to the SEC Tournament in Hoover and I’ll do a write up, but I can’t read anymore of this.

Matt, I love KSR as it is my only real source of UK related info, but either just stick with football and basketball coverage or get some interns that know something about what they’re covering.

• swampthang
      6:20 am April 20, 2014 Permalink

Couldn’t have said it better. Reminded me of the episode of Big Bang Theory in which Leonard tried to impress everyone with his knowledge of football

9. Rob
    1:56 pm April 20, 2014 Permalink

Softball needs some love too. Have you seen how they are playing?

10. SaratogaCatsFan
    8:11 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

only thing missing was a “Boom goes the dynamite” at the end…..