Barleycorn’s Tuesday Top 10: LSU fan names SEC’s top linebacker

A message from our friends at Barleycorn’s…

Looking for a place to hang out with other UK fans? Take your family and friends to Barleycorn’s!

Barleycorn’s has over 30 beers on tap, jumbo wings with 10 delicious sauces, sandwiches, salads, and our famous handcrafted burgers!

Barleycorn’s has three locations in Northern Kentucky — Cold Spring, Lakeside Park, and Florence — and is open seven days a week! For hours and information, follow them on Facebook or visit Barleycorns.com.

Get over here!

1. Action continues at U19 training camp in Colorado.

It’s Day 3 at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs where John Calipari is coaching up three of his Wildcats, a handful of his top targets from the Class of 2018, and some other aspiring Team USA players who are there as pawns in the entire operation. We heard rave reviews of Kevin Knox and Hamidou Diallo through the first two days of camp; you can see some of their highlights from Colorado here. Many of Kentucky’s recruits are also making noise, including Immanuel Quickley, who talks like he’s ready to be a Wildcat.

More to come Colorado today.

2. The NBA Draft is two days away.

With the recent shake-up of the draft order, it’s looking like De’Aaron Fox will land in either Phoenix or Sacramento as the fourth or fifth overall pick in the draft. Things aren’t quite as positive for Malik Monk who is projected to go eighth overall to the Knicks if Orlando doesn’t nab him at No. 6. Then there’s good news for Bam Adebayo as his stock rises in the final days ahead of draft night. To see where each Wildcat prospect is projected you can check out our mock draft round-up here.

3. Here’s a bunch of kids in Nagoya, Japan putting their L’s down.

Here’s what Scott Ashby told me about the pic: “I’m in Nagoya, Japan for work and it’s kind of hard to communicate sometimes but there are some things that are universal, like L’s down and hate for Louisville.”

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

4. UK Hoops released its non-conference schedule yesterday.

Kentucky’s women’s basketball team unveiled its non-conference slate for the upcoming 2017-18 college basketball season and it’s no easy path. Of the 14 games on the schedule, seven will be against teams that finished inside the top 100 of the NCAA RPI, including four that finished inside the top 50. The most difficult of the games is probably the trip to Baylor or the home contest against Louisville. You can see the entire schedule here.

5. Did you see Rex Chapman’s contribution to Sports Illustrated?

If not, take a moment to read what Rex had to say about opioid addiction and how he overcame it when others cannot. He wrote the piece in hopes of raising awareness and encouraging action from state and federal lawmakers because it’s a severe issue that is growing and destroying lives.

Read what he had to say here.

6. This guy ranked the best linebackers in the SEC and I think you’ll like his No. 1.

I couldn’t agree more, sir.

7. Fayette County school employee arrested for sleeping with former student.

This Lexington school employee has been charged with two counts of third degree rape after police said she had sex with a former student. According to the report, the victim was under 16 years old.

I will reserve comment.

8. In 2011 I wrote that Rick would say “What the hell did I do?” after retiring in 2017.

He has five and a half months to prove me right!

9. Evan Daniels is prepping for a big show next week.

We expect all of KSR’s summer guest hosts to be awesome throughout Matt’s five-week vacation, but I can tell you Evan Daniels’ day is already lining up to be a good one. I spoke to Evan yesterday because I will be sitting in with him on his show and he is working on some very great and entertaining guests for your entertainment. That show will be next Wednesday and I encourage you to give it a listen, as you should with all of the shows on the schedule.

10. The KSR Summer Tour hits Leitchfield today.

Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond and the gang are at Future Designs Building Materials for a live two-hour broadcast of today’s show. That address is 421 Quarry Road in Leitchfield. Get in there.

Article written by Drew Franklin

28 Comments for Barleycorn’s Tuesday Top 10: LSU fan names SEC’s top linebacker

1. ukjaybrat
    9:14 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

3) You’d be hard pressed to find that many Louisville fans in one STATE outside of Kentucky, We have that many fans in one place, in JAPAN. tell me we don’t have the greatest fan base and i’ll find you a loony bin

2. Sentient Third Eye
    9:22 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Why would a woman who looks like that have to do such? B. S. C.

• BBNDan7
      9:42 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Because your looks have nothing do do with being messed up in the head lol

• Booby Petrino
      9:52 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

It’s sad that you think that a person having sexual relations with a child has anything to do with how attractive the pervert is.

• Uncle Julio
      10:51 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

I’m 21 so I can remember being 15 (assuming that is the kids age) and I have a hard time believing that teacher just forced herself on the student. I’m actually willing to bet the student initiated the relationship. Not defending her actions in the least way but I’m just saying we need to quit acting like these kids are always innocent just because the law says so. I can’t count how many times I hit on my teachers in high school and hell, I proposed to one of my middle school teachers.

• Booby Petrino
      11:01 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Whoa Julio, I’m glad I’m not your niece because you sound like a creepy uncle. No matter how twisted your head is, 15yo is a child and an adult should know better than to have sex with a child, no matter how much the child hits on the teacher. I’d be willing to bet that if you had a 15yo daughter and her twenty-something year old teacher had sex with her, you would be really pissed off at the teacher, no matter how many times he said your daughter hit on him…unless perhaps you are just as big of a perv as the teacher.

• ClutchCargo
      11:02 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Uncle Julio, learn the meaning of third degree rape as defined by the state of KY. Pay special attention to b) and d) and it clearly doesn’t matter who initiated it in this situation:

510.060 Rape in the third degree.
      (1) A person is guilty of rape in the third degree when:
      (a) He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person who is incapable
      of consent because he or she is an individual with an intellectual disability;
      (b) Being twenty-one (21) years old or more, he or she engages in sexual
      intercourse with another person less than sixteen (16) years old;
      (c) Being twenty-one (21) years old or more, he or she engages in sexual
      intercourse with another person less than eighteen (18) years old and for
      whom he or she provides a foster family home as defined in KRS 600.020;
      (d) Being a person in a position of authority or position of special trust, as defined
      in KRS 532.045, he or she engages in sexual intercourse with a minor under
      eighteen (18) years old with whom he or she comes into contact as a result of
      that position; or

• Booby Petrino
      11:03 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

No one said the kid is innocent, perhaps their parents will punish him for his poor decision. But the kid didn’t commit a criminal act and the teacher did.

• Uncle Julio
      11:25 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

You guys have selective reading I wasn’t defending the teacher or supporting her actions and I’m definitely not saying he’s innocent. Nor am I saying the kid should be in trouble. I’m saying quit putting the perv label on someone you don’t even know in a situation in which you don’t know the story. Jesus, grow up. You’re probably just jealous because you were too fat and ugly as a kid to ever be in that situation.

• Uncle Julio
      11:39 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Bottom line, look at her and tell me that kid didn’t want to have sex with her and that you wouldn’t have done the same thing in his shoes. She’s facing the consequences as she should but people like Booby Petrino and ClutchCargo shouldn’t be calling her a rapist just because that’s how the law defines her. Consensual sex is not rape and that kid is probably the most envied student in his school right now, while her life is ruined.

• Mathlete
      11:41 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

@Julio – name calling is the last bastion of those whose argument has completely fallen apart but won’t admit they’re wrong.

Also, even if the “pervert” label didn’t apply to her, the “sex offender” one always will if she’s convicted. Adults are supposed to be able to control themselves and their actions regardless of what teenagers do, and if what she’s accused of is true, she failed that standard.

• Uncle Julio
      11:50 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

You guys need to watch the Adam sandler movie “That’s my boy” and come back if you want to continue arguing. Kid becomes famous and envied by everyone while the teacher sits behind bars. She knew what she was doing and deserves her punishment but no matter what you guys say about what you must think is our completely flawless legal system, there’s something wrong about that.

• AllBlueAllDay
      12:39 pm June 20, 2017 Permalink

I’m with uncle julio on this one. This kid knew what he was doing and became an instant celeb at his school. He’s not dumb and he just got bragging rights until he leaves to go to college.

• AllBlueAllDay
      12:42 pm June 20, 2017 Permalink

It’s crazy that one person’s life can be destroyed while the others took a huge bump up. Teacher definitely should’ve been smarter than that and I feel for her poor husband who’s probably confused as heck as to what just unraveled.

3. Look Out Fireworks
    9:34 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Why weren’t there teachers that pretty in my high school?

• Uncle Julio
      12:04 pm June 20, 2017 Permalink

Why aren’t people making comments like this helping me out in the above argument? Lol

4. Booby Petrino
    9:47 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

I’m bummed there is no “Pack the House” Hoops game in Rupp this year. Unless they switch it up and do a conference game there, looks like the ladies won’t be playing in Rupp this season. (or unless they have an NCAA tourney game there)

5. Uncle Julio
    9:49 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Am I the only one surprised KSR hasn’t made a post about Colin Cowherd calling De’Aaron Fox the most underrated player in the draft?

• ukcamel
      12:27 pm June 20, 2017 Permalink

He saw the Foot Locker commercial where Fox talks about his dad.

6. thatCat
    9:49 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Evan Daniels is a Louisville fan, don’t get it twisted.

7. ClutchCargo
    9:59 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

So, who else from UK did that LSU fan have listed in his top 10 linebackers to watch? He said he named 2 from the same defense.

• ClutchCargo
      10:05 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Nevermind, I found it on Youtube. Josh Allen at #7. The guy has a passion for SEC football, that’s for sure!

8. Catlogic15
    10:12 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

There are at least three teachers I would have loved to hit on me when I was 16.

9. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    10:18 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

Had NO hot teachers.

10. Biglaw Dawgin'
    10:59 am June 20, 2017 Permalink

“I will reserve comment.” LOL.

11. Jiminy Crickets
    12:17 pm June 20, 2017 Permalink

The kid was actually “younger than 16”, and she was a “para-educator” (assume that means assistant teacher) at an ELEMENTARY school. Anyone that defends her needs to be the one that gets more information. She was only there for one year, and the investigation started “early in the year”. She is being charged in both Fayette and Woodford counties because the encounters took place in both counties. This lady took an assistant teacher job at an elementary school, and within a few months was sleeping with a kid under the age of 16. Sick.

12. INCALWETRUST
    5:05 pm June 20, 2017 Permalink

13. TheBigjMan55
    9:04 pm June 20, 2017 Permalink

If that were my teacher….