Bam Adebayo and Movie Madness (Friday Show Thread)

movie-madness

It’s another big day on Kentucky Sports Radio radio as we welcome Bam Adebayo on for an interview and we try to finish up Movie Madness.

Bam is all set to join us in the second hour. We’ll settle the movie debates whenever we can work them in.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for Bam Adebayo and Movie Madness (Friday Show Thread)

1. Laker Cat 18
    10:11 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

Two things from me to start the show off:

1 – Two of my Final Four fell yesterday in the movie bracket. Updated Picks: Gladiator, Rocky, Full Metal Jacket, Forrest Gump.

2 – The Raptors and Bucks game last night was piss poor. The East is SO weak this year. Raptors had a 25 point lead in which the refs tried to get the Bucks back into it and succeeded. The Raptors have to lead the league in turnovers and the Bucks have to be the league’s worst free throw shooting team. I fully expect the Cavs to sweep Toronto. With that said, P-Pat had the game winning steal last night.

• ukjaybrat
      10:27 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

my only dropout of the final four was a few good men. and the fact that it lost to boogie nights is just absolutely stupid. but anyway, my update final four is:
      Dark Knight, Gladiator, Star Wars, and Pulp Fiction

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

A 25 point lead can disappear in the NBA faster than a speeding bullet.
      (Superman reference with no Superman movie)

• ukjaybrat
      10:27 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

and yes, i know, my tastes in movies is all over the place lol

2. ky196
    10:15 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

What happened 5 minutes before yesterday’s show that had Matt so wound up?

3. Laker Cat 18
    10:15 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

Knife attack in a coffee shop at Transy in Lexington this morning? What’s wrong with people?

• runningunnin.454
      10:21 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

Don’t think we have the time to address that; might be an all day job.

• RealCatsFan
      10:24 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

My short take – there is too much hatred in this world, and in many cases the media (social media in particular) fans the flames. I am in no way saying that this event can be tied directly to social media or even the media in general, but it sure can be easy to let your blood pressure get worked up over what someone else says / reports.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

Friend of mine was dating Schnatter’s wife many years ago before John swooped in and stole her away, but I don’t think that would provide a good connection for Matt to get him on the show. 🙂 Kind of hard to compete with a multi-millionaire in the dating scene. 🙂

5. secrick
    10:26 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

Laker Cat, Don’t think anyone can beat Golden State. Man can they shoot the ball.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:47 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

I thought the same thing last year, but the Cavs proved me wrong. I’d agree that Golden State are the odds on favorites right now.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:37 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

Matt, ask Katina what her favorite, ahem, “adult entertainment” flick would be. 😀

• RealCatsFan
      10:44 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

I can’t believe they didn’t get Katina’s vote on “Boogie Nights”. Would have been comedy gold.

7. ukbradstith
    10:42 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind is awful. Guess I’m in the minority about Pulp Fiction too, although I really liked it, I don’t think it’s an all time great.

• runningunnin.454
      10:49 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

Pulp Fiction was pretty good; Travolta won an Oscar, and Jackson should have.
      The scene in Jack Rabbit Slims was priceless, so was the OD scene…(no, you don’t have to stab her three times)

8. RealCatsFan
    11:28 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

Bam sounds like a good dude. Big, tough guy, but humble too – and love’s his mama! She raised him right.

9. Laker Cat 18
    11:29 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

Lavar Ball is an idiot. Yes, I refuse to capitalize a letter in the middle of a name.

10. ukjaybrat
    11:53 am April 28, 2017 Permalink

not as many comments today as i expected