KSR is back in the Bluegrass (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Louisville and Lexington studios. Matt and Ryan have returned from Philly, and are easing back into things with a day in studio before getting back on the road for the Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass Tour.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

30 Comments for KSR is back in the Bluegrass (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:56 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

Welcome back! Ryan did you get in trouble with the wife after being gone for so long?

2. Big Curt
    10:01 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

Yes! Glad they are back in KY!!

3. Realme
    10:21 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

Ugh, that new Godfather commercial from Shannon was so gross.

• RealCatsFan
      11:21 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

This is the kind of thing that really makes me sick. It’s all about cronyism, taking care of your pals. And this kind of things goes on across the country at millions of companies and corporations. People like this are so arrogant, that they think they are beyond reproach and “deserve” all of these perks, even though they could easily afford things like cars with the high salary that they already make.

No wonder tuition cost increases are out of control.

• When it’s done at taxpayer expense it’s even more infuriating to me.

• J-Dub421
      11:53 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

That is the same article I posted Friday. Read the last paragraph where it says that there are U of L officials in jail for embezzling more than 7 million dollars. 7 MILLION DOLLARS!!!

4. Big Curt
    10:27 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

KSR meeting in progress……..

5. Ray in Paducah
    10:43 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

Big fear… Running across a mountain lion on a hiking/biking trail.

• RealCatsFan
      11:12 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

Bigger fear to me would be accidentally getting between a mama grizzly bear and her cubs.

6. J-Dub421
    10:51 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

As a woman, I definitely would NOT want to be stuck on an elevator with Donald Trump, nor would I want to have a drink with him.

• RealCatsFan
      11:11 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

There was a time in my life where I would have probably found sitting down with Trump to have a couple of beers highly entertaining. He would have probably expounded on all of the “pieces of ass” that he has had in his lifetime. But now that I have daughters, I find it pretty creepy to hear a guy his age bragging about that type of thing.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:35 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

I was trying to stay away from the P word today, but this will be my only comment…

If this makes sense….The more Trump opens his mouth, the more I dislike the guy. With that said, the more Clinton stays quiet, the more I dislike the lady. He says too much and she hides too much. 3rd party anyone?

• RealCatsFan
      11:40 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

LC, save me a seat on that 3rd party train. Cat in the Hat? 😀

• Trump doesn’t drink. 😉

Seriously, I guess we need to start a nerd fight so MJ can get $ome click$! Show Thread is dead unless there is at least a nerd fight or some games to talk about. Even national shows are *yawn” right now with only baseball and golf…and the disastrous cesspool known as Rio I guess…to talk about.

• J-Dub421
      11:48 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

Holy cow, have you seen photos and heard stories coming out of Rio?? I seriously don’t know how the olympics are going to occur. Almost nothing is finished (venues, residence halls, etc.), there is raw sewage in the water, Rio is the murder capital of the world right now, the police and firefighters have openly said they haven’t been paid in months and can’t protect people….

Read all that and realize i didn’t even mention mosquitos/zika. Rio is a disaster and an example of why third world countries shouldn’t be chosen as olympic hosts.

• Seriously, I would consider a 3rd party if there was one in line with my views. Libertarians are way too socially liberal, and they are an open borders (no borders) party as well. I don’t know that the Constitution Party will have anyone on the ballot in Alabama. I think they’re mainly a northern party.

• RealCatsFan
      11:51 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, it’s been said before that they should just have several permanent sites in developed companies where they rotate the Olympics.

• Like the Super Bowl. They go to more stadiums now with all the new ones being built, but it used to almost always be Miami, New Orleans, and San Diego, with an occasional northern dome thrown in (like when my Bengals lost to the Niners the first time…still mad about those 2 Super Bowls, just like I am about the 92 Duke game!).

• J-Dub421
      11:57 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

I was in Barcelona a few years ago and toured where they hosted the olympics in 1992. Most of the buildings were closed and looked abandoned and run down. A few were being used as training facilities for the spanish olympic teams, but not many. I agree that there should be a few permanent neutral sites. Constantly building new sites for hundreds of millions of dollars then abandoning them never to be used again is a ridiculous waste.

• runningunnin.454
      1:09 pm August 1, 2016 Permalink

Laker Cat; have you noticed the Dems want the Presidential debates on Fri and Sat nights, and opposite big sports events so there will be small audiences, and limit Hilary’s exposure.
      If you do watch, let me offer a universal truism: if Hilary’s lips are moving…..she’s lying.

7. Realme
    11:16 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

Thinking about all of the everyday things that are potentially dangerous is starting to stress me out.

8. J-Dub421
    11:42 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

No other team is close to West Virginia. The closest airport is an hour away. WVU is in the middle of nowhere.

• J-Dub, I’ve also heard that mentioned here on local shows when folks talk about WVU as a possibility for the SEC. However, I’ve heard it’s also a pretty long drive from Little Rock to Fayetteville. The Auburn broadcast crew has had trouble navigating mountain roads in the winter when going there for a bball game.

• J-Dub421
      11:50 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

I don’t know how major universities like these can be in places with no airport. Lexington isn’t huge, but still has an airport.

9. J-Dub421
    11:43 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

Never take photos of your junk. They will inevitably end up on the internet.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:48 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

Didn’t DeMarcus Cousins send a picture of his junk to someone years ago as well?

True story – at a friend’s wedding, they had the little disposable cameras on all the tables for guests to take silly, candid shots. One of the guys took one into the men’s room because he thought it would be funny to take a picture of his winky. When the bride and groom were looking through the pictures, they came across this one and were able to identify the “perpatrator” because his shirt tail was visible in the picture, and he was the only one at the reception wearing a shirt with that pattern. They thought they would have some fun with him, so they mailed the picture back to him. Little did they know, his girlfriend had moved in with him, and she opened the mail and saw the picture. Which prompted her to send the bride an angry letter asking her how long she had been screwing her boyfriend. Today’s social media makes klusters like this so much easier…

• runningunnin.454
      1:02 pm August 1, 2016 Permalink

The American Indians have “gone on record”…..the little box will “steal your soul”.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:52 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

Some horses will definitely try to bite you if they get the chance. I’ve seen some pretty mean ones that would bite or kick the crap out of you if they get the chance.

Matt is such a metrosexual. Hard to believe he grew up in a small town. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:58 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

I’ve been bitten by a horse. It is unpleasant.