B-1 Bomber rocked Kentucky blue while striking ISIS

12696261_722929298202_574899368_n

One of the B-1 bombers from the 37th Bomb Squadron’s record attack on ISIS carried a University of Kentucky flag in its cockpit, seen in the photo above. The photo was taken from a tanker that was refueling the bomber, and sent to KSR to share with Big Blue Nation.

There were also a couple of messages written on the JDAMs that made their way down to the bad guys. One read, “Go Cats” along with the initials of the pilot, while another read, “From Kentucky With Love.”

12736038_722929313172_1563188787_n 11997356_722929318162_471201307_n 12746211_722929278242_399838096_n

Article written by Drew Franklin

27 Comments for B-1 Bomber rocked Kentucky blue while striking ISIS

1. Willis talkin bout....
    4:14 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

rain down hell on em brothers! Proud of ya!

2. sckysportsink
    4:41 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

Isis better watch out. Big Blue Nation will give them a serious case of Isisitis!

3. nybrasky
    4:45 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

Awesome! Stay safe up there, fellas.

4. theoneguy
    4:58 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

Poor taste. Don’t use the site to glorify bombings. Of anybody. There is a line guys, and this is across it. Peace.

5. ukstudent96
    4:59 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

You are so ignorant and so are these soldier. If they love us so much why are they taunting a powerful enemy who is probably already in the U.S. You are putting a target on the back of us students. I’m with 10 people right now and everyone agrees that this should not be advertised.. Like stop playing with fire this is a huge campus.. Think before you act like a moron.

• Seven Ate Nine
      5:14 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

You know fear like that is just what ISIS wants us to feel, right? Why should we let terrorists dictate what we do and how we feel? Just because the current administration won’t do what needs to be done to beat ISIS doesn’t mean they’re that powerful and oooh, super scary. They don’t deserve respect.

Also, judging by your username, you’re my age and also a student at UK. At this point in your life, you should be able to write in English better than this post.

• Kentuckykaren
      5:46 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

You do not know fear! My parents lived through the Hitler regime. My father fought for YOUR freedom, I lived during the Bay of Pigs just waiting for

• ClutchCargo
      6:35 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

Ukstudent96, isis doesn’t care that you and your 10 friends are all pussies, they still want to kill you.

• bankerbh
      7:22 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

I too am a grad of UK. 1986 to be exact. Proud member of UK’s Air a force ROTC unit followed by by two years as an officer w the B-1 program in Texas when it first went on line. Later in my careerI I flew in the back of a refueling tanker and we refueled a B-1. Very calm and peaceful and I was in awe of the professionals carrying out the mission.

You need not fear because we have brave men and women from every walk of life who are willing to give their liives for this country. And the vast majority want nothing in return. No fanfare. No spotlight. We did it to protect people,this country and freedom Think of what they voluntarily are willing to sacrifice and if it really makes sense to scared over a posting on a website. I think not.

• xIGY6x22KILLx
      3:34 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

You know what’s ignorant? Being afraid of a bunch of bullies that literally do not even know what toilet paper is. Kid, I was fighting in Iraq while you were in middle school. I’m an infantryman, so maybe my training or experience fighting these clowns in ground combat tells me not to fear them. As a nation, we cannot let fear run our lives.

You need to get your head out of a book and just take a look around. The world is at war. It’s not all sunshine and rainbows. But don’t be afraid. American citizens are sheep. They go about their lives completely oblivious to most things outside of their lives. They eat, they go to work, they come home and sleep. Don’t worry though. There’s a whole bunch of sheepdogs in this nation and we promise to keep the wolves at bay.

I have no doubt ISIS has people in the US, but I also have no doubt America can put a lot more soldiers in Iraq and Syria than ISIS can put in the US; and I promise you those American soldiers are way more lethal than anything ISIS can cook up. If ISIS comes to Kentuck over this, send them to South Shore. My M1A and Glock 21 will be waiting for anyone looking for trouble.

Recognize them as a threat, but do not fear them. We beat the British (the most highly trained army and navy at that time) TWICE. We beat the brakes off of Germany (another well trained, technologically advanced military) TWICE. ISIS is nothing. They’re just the bully at your school. You have a choice though, you can avoid them and cower and hope they pick on someone else, or you can go toe-to-toe with them and beat the ass off of them.

That’s the thing with bullies. They’re all badasses until someone has enough and knocks their teeth out. Stand up. Show you have a backbone. Don’t fear anyone that will have sex with an animal but stone a rape victim to death. And if you won’t, if you let fear and cowardice run your life, do not worry. Better men and women than you will voluntarily do your fighting for you.

6. ukstudent96
    5:01 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

Delete this post so you can protect the school you love so much

• onsides
      5:06 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

You should transfer to ISIS University.

• BobKYCats
      6:25 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

Don’t be so quick to give up Freedom of Speech so as not to offend one of the greatest evils we will ever see.

7. manuel2906
    5:20 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

If Isis has things there way there won’t be any schools or campus in the USA.they would be blown too rubble…drop the bunker buster on there a$$es!!!!

8. uk11brad
    5:23 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

That’s so Awesome…Gods speed boys.

9. RealCatsFan
    6:01 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

I see that this thread has already begun to degenerate into political sniping and finger pointing, and that, along with fear, is exactly what the ISIS cowards are hoping for. No matter your political leanings, I hope we can all get behind the members of our military who are willing to put their lives on the line for our freedom and protection, on a totally voluntary basis. That is special, folks. God bless them and keep them safe!

10. Rise
    6:07 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

Huah!!!! Air Power! And lol at UKstudent96. ISIS wants you to fear them. Man up, life is short enough as it is, stop worrying about ISIS. Our service men and woman (along with rednecks) have America secure.

11. katmancsm
    6:26 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

This retired Command Sergeant Major has seen it, lived it, and breathed it. It isn’t pretty. I have 23 years of active duty, a Bachelors degree, love my Cats and anything else UK. I respect the opinions of all. IMHO we cannot run and hide from those who want us scared. I abhor war, but you must do some things at times that protect our way of life. Marking ordinance has always been done. We should not ever fear agitation of haters. I’m 68 years old and thanks for letting me have my say. Go Cats!

• Red headed Stepchild
      6:39 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

Thanks for your service, I salute you.

12. katmancsm
    6:30 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

Ordnance spellcheck got me. LOL

13. Red headed Stepchild
    6:32 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

I beg to differ. Once we rid the world of ISIS we may very well be closer to PEACE.

• Red headed Stepchild
      6:34 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

This comment was ment for that one guy.

14. Badboy
    7:04 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

There is a new company that makes mines that are disguised as prayer rugs. It’s doing well. Prophets are going through the roof!

15. madarchitect
    7:10 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

No one knows what ISIS wants us to think. What we do know is that ISIS is a direct result of our country’s actions.

• awf
      5:21 pm February 18, 2016 Permalink

NO, ISIS isn’t the results of anything this country has done. The fact is they are a organization that wants all infidels dead and for civilization to revert back centuries.

16. jeffj
    9:42 pm February 16, 2016 Permalink

Sports is fun, not violent. Spread sports,spread peace. the paint & banners had no effect on the bombs. Unless ma-bee some of the atoms were able to spread peace thru sports. and yes, PEACE . GO CATS !!!

17. Nick