Avery Williamson co-hosts today’s KSR (Friday Show Thread)

One of the defensive leaders for my favorite team in the NFL will lend a helping hand to Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond on today’s edition of KSR. Avery Williamson, a former standout at Kentucky, is back in Lexington and will serve as co-host today for the whole two hours.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

62 Comments for Avery Williamson co-hosts today’s KSR (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:56 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Great win last night!

Ramsey clearly hates you Uncle Matt… He just keeps talking, but yet he doesn’t know whom you are.

Should have Shannon or Maria try to call into his office just to see if he is there or at his house.

2. ukjaybrat
    10:13 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

good game last night… i predicted we’d win by 24 and we got up by as much as 23 before we started rotating starters out at around the 7 minute mark… so, not a bad prediction imo.

i’m taking suggestions for cable providers bc Time Warner Cable blows. i am done with them. can’t keep an internet signal for more than 10 minutes at a time. tv signal goes in an out. and they deleted their main twitter account so i can’t even put them on blast anymore.

• J-Dub421
      10:19 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I have Time Warner and agree that they are terrible.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:26 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I was off by more than 10 on the score but did call for DWill as MVP. Nice work Bullitt County!

• RealCatsFan
      10:27 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I have been thinking about U-verse. I talked to someone not far from me who has broadband and TV service with them and is happy with them. Have TWC for broadband and DTV for TV, and between the two of them I am paying about $200 / month, which is breaking the bank.

• Realme
      10:28 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I absolutely loathe Time Warner, but Lexington allows them to have a monopoly so there isn’t another high speed internet option for me. For TV, I have Directv, and it’s fantastic, but way too expensive. If we ever get fiber internet, I will switch to Sling, Netflix etc., assuming I can know there’s still a way to record games. Interested in knowing other people’s experience if they’ve done this already.

• ukjaybrat
      10:29 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

RCF, that was my original plan was to do TWC for internet and some sort of satellite for tv, but yeah, the cost was up there. i am just tired of getting really bad service and customer service from time warner. i can’t handle it any longer

• ukjaybrat
      10:31 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

realme, i would love to have google fiber, but it’s still unknown if even louisville will get it any time soon. we are probably 5-10 years off from getting it in lexington

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I have been pleased with the service of DTV for the most part, and love the whole-house DVR service, but yeah, $130 / month is the cheapest I can go and still get SEC network. They all know they have us by the short hairs when it comes to sports programming. We usually drop to a cheaper package once basketball season is over, although it is good to have for football and women’s volleyball in the fall.

• Realme
      10:35 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Which is why we all hate Time Warner. They could care less if we are happy customers, because they have no competition, and none on the way either. I would seriously vote for any mayoral candidate that promised to do away with the stranglehold they have allowed TWC to have.

• Look in to Sling TV also. I have a friend who has it and he and his family like the service and the price (live sports unlike Netflix/Hulu/etc.!). I haven’t cut the cable, but if I do that’s probably the route I’ll go.

Of course you still have to have decent broadband service to use it.

• RealCatsFan
      10:38 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Realme, it’s just like the stranglehold that Marathon has on the Louisville market for gasoline. These big companies stuff the pockets of the politicians with campaign contributions so they get protection from any outside competition.

• Realme
      10:40 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

So Chris, how do they record games? Roku or something?

Right now I feel like if I cut the cord with DTV, I’m giving TWC even more power by needing the broadband even more.

• BTW, Sling TV starts at $20 a month, and you get ESPN & ESPN2. You can add “Sportsextra” with the SEC Network, ESPNU and several other channels for another $5 a month.

You can try it free for 7 days (which I have yet to do so I can’t evaluate it personally):

• CATandMONKEY
      10:42 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I live in one of the top 6 KY counties by population, 5 miles from the interstate and can’t get Windstream (despite YEARS of upgrade promises) to get above 3MBPS download. I love my DISH, but am switching to Comcast if only to enter the 19th century and get 25-50 MBPS. I will suffer cable tv to have reasonably modern internet. Prices be damned at this point. Per Google, Cameroon and the Congo have faster average internet speeds than we do in our current situation.

• Not sure Real. I’ll have to ask my friend.

• Oh, and they give you a free Roku 2 for signing up, but it works with several devices.

Wow, I sound like I’m in sales for them and I haven’t even tried it yet! Hah!

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I love the randomness of the discussions we have on the show thread.

• RealCatsFan
      11:02 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

At the end of it all, it’s the convenience of the whole-house DVR that keeps me staying with my current setup. I make a lot of use of the DVR, and we have about 9 TV’s in the house in various rooms. I don’t want to tied to a particular TV when I watch the DVR.

• J-Dub, next week we’ll share recipes. Hah!

• CATandMONKEY
      11:23 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Cooking to Celtic and Bluegrass music.

• J-Dub421
      11:29 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Sorry, I cook to pop/hip-hop…

• CATandMONKEY
      11:36 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I wss trying to incorporate one or more of our prior random discussions…I often cook to podcasts actually. 😀

• papasnapper
      1:11 pm February 19, 2016 Permalink

Sorry, Cat & Monkey, but using the DWill moniker for Willis just sounds a bit too Cardinalish for me. Maybe just because they had TWill? Not sure, but just maybe…

• CATandMONKEY
      9:21 am February 20, 2016 Permalink

Papa, agreed. Lazy typing on my part.

3. J-Dub421
    10:17 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Our poor front court guys are falling apart. Hope Alex, Marcus, and Derek are okay.

• RealCatsFan
      10:31 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Like I said last night, wish there were bye weeks in Basketball, because we need one!

• ukjaybrat
      10:33 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

don’t really have “bye weeks” in basketball but they do have slow weeks where you play one game instead of two and we typically use all of ours around camp cal and the Louisville game so they can get to work.

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Would be nice to have a home game against a really weak team on Saturday so we could use more of our subs.

4. J-Dub421
    10:19 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Ha!! Avery Williamson running game on KSR.

5. I’m not one of those “Gotta play the Woodchuck” guys, but might we need to see Tai tomorrow just because we may be out of bodies otherwise?

• RealCatsFan
      10:30 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Hope it doesn’t come to that, but if this keeps up Cal’s hand may be forced on the issue.

I also look for Mulder to get major minutes on Saturday, especially if Derek can’t go.

• Despite my first statement though, I wanted to see him as much as anyone at first just because of the novelty of his background. However, it looks like it’s better for him to be redshirted at this point unless we have to play him out of desperation.

Hopefully if Mulder plays it’ll be a huge coming out party for him and he’ll bomb several 3’s.

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I’d love to see Hawkins go off again.

• Same here! I hope we’re not cursed this year. He got hurt right after he torched UL.

6. My take on Avery & Woodyard confronting Cam:

I have 0 problems with guys dancing when they score (when Icky did it it meant he had just hung 6 for the Bengals, so I liked it), although Cam lays it on a little thick. My problem is that Cam can’t have it both ways. Twice he tore down banners hung by fans (in Charlotte’s stadium) of other teams and said “Not in our house”. The Green Bay fan had reportedly spent hundreds having his professionally made. Jerky behavior by Newton.

If you want to dance, then dance, but don’t treat fans of other teams that way.

• J-Dub421
      10:37 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Agreed. If you’re going to dish it out, then you have you be able to take it.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:39 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Ha! Love the Joe B. juxtapositioning!

8. RealCatsFan
    10:41 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Ramsey talking about a lack of integrity is kind of like Trump calling someone an asshole. Pot meet kettle.

• J-Dub421
      10:46 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I love how Ramsey said he hasn’t heard of Matt Jones, yet was the first person to bring Matt up and mention his name….

9. Realme
    10:41 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Matt was quite snarky about Ramsey on the post game show. Would like to hear it again.

• Realme
      10:43 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Hearing him say the “you’re not hard of hearing, are ye?” part, he sounds so ignorant it’s surprising he could make it to the level of major university president. Another reason I’d be embarrassed to be a Card.

10. Souf beach Lou
    10:42 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

According to his Wikipedia James Ramsey is a huge KSR fan…https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_R._Ramsey

• ukjaybrat
      10:48 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

that’s hilarious. someone needs to get a screenshot of that and store it in the archives before it’s lost forever

• Souf beach Lou
      11:00 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Who ever did it should change the picture to the Halloween costume shot

11. Fan From Birth
    10:44 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

can we please see pics of the “Girl in White”?

• CATandMONKEY
      11:26 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

My buddy just texted me one. Being old and married is a safe place to be…

• CATandMONKEY
      11:28 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Unsolicited but not unappreciated I might add.

• J-Dub421
      11:30 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I went and found Avery’s twitter. She’s pretty, but I was expecting her to be a little more ridonkulous the way they were all talking.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:32 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Pretty sure I know where AW’s focus is…but I could be wrong. 😊

12. Fan From Birth
    10:46 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

13. Realme
    10:48 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

AW is cracking me up. Glad they got him in the studio.

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Me too. I’m willing to bet that Avery doesn’t really need help picking up women, but it’s making a funny radio show.

14. RealCatsFan
    10:56 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I missed it – who was Matt talking about who’s wife was killed in the car crash?

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Monty Williams of OKC and formerly the Pelicans.

15. Again I hear laughter and missed what they were laughing at.

16. J-Dub421
    11:28 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I’m not sure who is more entertaining, Coach Cal or Coach Mitchell.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:30 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Mitchell is not too big to play around with the guys. Cal is just too busy, wealthy and famous fo really be able to even pretend to “just be one of the guys.”

17. J-Dub421
    11:34 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I have to go to a meeting. Have a good weekend everyone. Go Cats!

• CATandMONKEY
      11:44 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Peace. Thanks for always making the show thread a vibrant and cool place to hang…obviously too cool for the likes of Matt, Drew and Ryan.

• RealCatsFan
      11:50 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

Meeting – schmeeting – it’s Friday! 😀 Have a great weekend.

18. RealCatsFan
    11:54 am February 19, 2016 Permalink

I think there was something lost in the translation from Spanish (Portuguese?) to English – I think the pope was trying to say that wanting to build walls between people instead of bridges was un-Christian, not that Trump is not a Christian outright. Although I personally think Trump’s claims to Christianity is a fairly transparent political sham.