Alex, Willie, and the motorized scooter

I don’t have any major draft updates for you, but I do have this video of Alex Poythress riding Willie Cauley-Stein’s motorized scooter through around Wildcat Coal Lodge. As we told you earlier in the week, Willie had surgery and now uses the scooter to get around campus. And apparently make Vine videos in the Lodge, which we totally approve of.

30 Comments for Alex, Willie, and the motorized scooter

1. Dave
    5:00 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

Funny chit right there.

2. Bubba
    5:09 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

They need to be in the gym practicing free throws. That’s what we get for not getting Kentucky bred players that play for the name on the front of the jersey. These kids don’t care about UK. All they care about is getting to the NBA and riding scooters. Jiminy Christmas

• Geez
      5:12 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

Lighten up Francis. Better yet, get off the internet and try and find some joy in your life. Must be miserable to see it through your eyes.

• Rei
      5:23 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, the first thing I do after having ankle surgery is play basketball.

• Woody
      5:28 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

If all they cared about was getting to the NBA, why would both of them come back for their Sophomore seasons and possibly both for their Junior? Go on somewhere old man.

• Reality
      5:30 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

The truth hurts people Bubba. They are scared of hearing the truth because it destroys their Utopia. If the cats could have hit 75% of their free throws in the tournament they would have destroyed the field. But most would rather watch one good dunk than a team that can shoot free throws. After watching the most talented team in history lose 10 games, one would think they could get the message….

• Andrew
      5:30 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

God forbid that these kids have fun with each other off the court. Stop being a grumpy old man and back off the kids.

• Bubba
      5:32 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

Wow, Reality, I was making a joke and was pleased that there were some reasonable fans that called me out for it. I’m actually glad they’re are bonding and enjoying each other. We made it to the final game and the kids are having fun in the offseason. I couldn’t be happier for them

-DH

• KG e
      5:34 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

better yet bubba take a chill pill. I suggest cyanide……do us and the world a favor.

• Bubba
      5:43 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

I was hoping I’d get called out for that bad joke, but I really didn’t intend for people to get so fired up about it. I assure you I’m not “that guy”

-DH

• RealCatsFan
      5:50 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

Bubba, looks like you forgot to activate your “sarcasm font”. I usually throw in a smiley icon to tip off those who were less, ahem, “gifted with wit”. Now it is quite rich to see a dedicated troll like “Reality” taking the bait like a 12 lb carp. Oh, and aside from the free throws in the final game when we had nerves and big men coming into play, this team shot their FT’s pretty well down the stretch.

• Bubba hooks some big ones
      6:22 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

RealCats you beat me to the punch I second that

3. Here's a secret
    5:11 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

Once when we went with extended family to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge we went to Dollywood for the kids to have fun. I had a pretty bad knee injury at the time so we rented one of those scooters for the day. It was a blast and we didn’t have to wait in line at any of the rides. They sent us right to the front, seated us first and told us to ride as many times as we wanted. It was great! At least there was one positive thing about blowing out my knee.
    Also I love that Willie’s scooter is UK blue!

4. RealCatsFan
    5:11 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

Any info on what the surgery was for? Wondering if he tore a ligament or broke a bone in his foot. If it required surgery, then it was maybe more serious than he thought at first. Glad he did not try to play on it. Get well soon, Willie!

5. Logan
    5:18 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

Tyler, how do I advertise like Boone’s Butcher Shop on the site?

6. Lol
    5:25 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

I have replayed that 10 times and still can’t tell what Willie is saying.

• Chris
      5:28 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

“Sliding in your DM’s like..”

• DH
      5:30 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

If you hover over the vid, it says “Sliding in your DM’s like…”

7. Blue Biscuit
    5:27 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

Sixty years from now, Alex will be an old man riding through the dorm on a scooter, saying to his great-grandkids, “Here’s where I lived when we won #9!” (Well, except there probably will be a new dorm by then, something like a Jetsons dorm and Alex will be in a little flying saucer.)

8. Blue Biscuit
    5:29 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

That comment is assuming Alex is coming back next year, of course! If he’s having that much fun on Willie’s scooter, he surely doesn’t want to leave.

9. Bolingki
    5:56 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

All Alex needs is a leather jacket with fringe hanging from the arms. He does seem to be faster than Towns walking.

10. Nato45
    5:56 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

What does that mean “sliding your DM”?? #olddude

11. Duh troof
    5:59 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

This is grand. I always thought Alex seemed like a real serious dude just by looking at him, but I bet these guys are goofballs. Young men living it up and having fun.

12. L
    6:11 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

“Slide in your dm’s like. What you doing out here that’s creepin?

Could someone translate for us old folks?

13. JVice
    7:40 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

The only DM I really know is a direct message on twitter.

14. Morse Co-ed
    7:47 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

I think via Vine, Willie and Poythress are sending us a message in re 2014-2015.

15. Beth
    8:27 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

This is in my top 5 ever.

16. JB_MKE
    10:41 pm April 16, 2014 Permalink

“Sliding your D in is like…”

Nice and smooth

17. GoBigBlueSusieQ
    2:12 am April 17, 2014 Permalink

OMG Love seeing these boys having fun! Hope Alex stays too they are so special!!!!!!
    Enjoy life guys!!!!!