Alan Cutler and Ryan Lemond take over KSR (Monday Show Thread)

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 8.14.42 PM

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Just because it’s a bank holiday and Matt’s out of town doesn’t mean the work stops around here. Ryan Lemond will be joined by his old colleague Alan Cutler on today’s show, so tune in to hear their take on Saturday’s loss and more Cutler stories, which, really, are the best kind of stories.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

26 Comments for Alan Cutler and Ryan Lemond take over KSR (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

That was a terrible loss, and why storm the court? You’d think they beat the #1 team and we were undefeated.

I would like to see Ricky leave for the “strip” but that isn’t going to happen.

Pretty excited to have Ryan and Culter do another show!

• ukjaybrat
      10:17 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t think rick could possibly go anywhere else he could use a cesspool win-at-all-cost mentality to win basketball. but then the desert school popped up. i actually think it is very likely he will end up there after this season ends.

• J-Dub421
      10:21 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

I think Rick would like to stay at U of L, but he may not have a choice in the matter by the end of the season. Then I could see UNLV as a landing spot.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:22 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

Cutler makes an excellent point about some players not having a passion for the game. I think WCS is an excellent example of that. Freak athlete, but I just am not sure if he has the desire to be all that he can be in the NBA. Sometimes people who are blessed with multiple talents have a tough time maximizing the potential of any one of them.

I have a kid who lives and breathes volleyball, but she is 4-foot-nothing. She often sees other players who are close to six feet tall and who are not that good, and says, “wow, if I just had that kind of height”. But Tyler Ulis is a perfect example of how that can be overcome. Probably why he is her favorite UK player.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

I think Richard is off his meds.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:27 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

Starting Willis over Alex might be what it takes to light a fire under Alex.

• EdC
      11:02 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

Multiple injuries and last chances haven’t done it so I’m thinking no. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t believe there will be a metaphorical fire that will extend into a 2 game streak ever.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

Ha! I see a Sir MixaLot song coming up at the break!

6. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

Anybody home? Echo echo echo….

7. sammydog
    10:36 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

What Pitino does will depend on what the NCAA does sanctions wise. Certainly he would prefer to come out of this unscathed and remain at Louisville…maybe. I know many older boosters who contribute a lot to UL in both academics and athletics who have had enough of both Ramsey and Pitino. Going out west gets him away from pressure and the spotlight of east coast media. The sports atmosphere in Kentucky is not good for him. That finger he gave in Rupp Arena says it all about his Kentucky experience and he brought it on himself.

8. Laker Cat 18
    10:41 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

Derek Willis – Much better this week. I laughed during the game because every time he hit a shot, he would give up another three. To his credit, his defense was much better. He was in their face when the shot went up, the best he could do. Loved the effort on the boards.

9. Jaxson
    10:44 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

I wonder if the loss of Orlando Antigua is affecting this team.

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

Could be, he was a great assistant for us.

• EdC
      11:03 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

While he was there it was exactly the same Marcus Lee and exactly the same Alex Poythress right?

10. inside info2
    10:48 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

My brother says Cutler farts a lot inside the gym sauna. He’s had to get up and leave before because Cutler stinks so bad.

• EdC
      11:06 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

THAT’s why Cutler has his lip curled up all the time. It all comes clear.

11. RealCatsFan
    10:49 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

Has Zimmerman done much at UNLV? Wondering how much of an upgrade he would have been at center for us. Dakari is the guy that we really need this year.

• J-Dub421
      10:52 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

I haven’t heard his name mentioned in the national media at all this year. UNLV is terrible and just fired their head coach mid-season.

12. Cat House
    10:57 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

Ky Joe is a moron.

13. J-Dub421
    11:00 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

Our team is very young and still learning how to play together. They are all used to being the best guy on their team, and the best player on the floor all the time. Now all of a sudden, and for the first time in their lives, they’re not. Everyone is good/athletic. It takes some time to adjust.

I also think it hurt us to lose our 3 senior walk-ons. I know they don’t play a lot, but they were 3 seniors who could always be counted on to work hard, be well prepared, and who could help direct the younger guys and tell them what to do, and where to be, and what Coach Cal wanted, etc. We had 16 players on our roster last season (including walk-ons) and we only returned 6 guys. Those 10 players were replaced with a bunch of freshmen (and one juco transfer). Much like in 2010-2011 and 2013-2014, it will take a while for them to figure things out.

14. UKinIN
    11:00 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

We need to mentally prepare for January 30th. The game at Kansas is setting up to be a historic beat down. Beating KU in the NCAA final in 2012, pounding them last year, winning recruiting battles, if Self can top Roy William’s 150-95 drubbing from 1989 he will do it.

• RealCatsFan
      11:04 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

You may be right (I hope not), but one thing I have seen is that this team tends to play up or down to the level of their competition. They may very well “bring it” against Kansas and surprise us all. Kansas suffered a pretty bad beat down of their own recently, so they are far from unbeatable, although very tough at home. At least you can’t say this UK team has not faced any hostile environments – I think at least the SEC prepares them for that.

15. RealCatsFan
    11:01 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

The odds of me hitting Powerball are higher than Calipari ever doing what KY Joe suggested.

16. Ramsey Rocket
    11:21 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

Rebecca Greenwell was a McDonald’s All American the same year Mackayla Epps was. She is from Owensboro and played for Owensboro Catholic.

17. RealCatsFan