A Wild N’ Crazy KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

CaLRT3QWAAAj4Fb

There’s a lot to talk about, so we can’t waste much time over the next two hours.  UK plays Tennessee tonight, tomorrow is National Signing Day, and after Matt teased the BBN with some news to close yesterday’s show, UofL’s wide receivers coach has left for greener pastures in Lexington.  After all of that, who knows what will happen today?

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

48 Comments for A Wild N’ Crazy KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

That was some good news you had for us yesterday, shocked Scoop Lemond didn’t break the news.

That picture creeps me out, I am not going to lie.

2. Sentient Third Eye
    9:51 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

Caption: “Heeeeere’s Johnny!”

3. ukjaybrat
    10:00 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

I still don’t understand why Louisville fans are so salty over the Thomas hire 2 days before NSD. If he is as much a non-factoir in recruiting as they say he is, it won’t make a difference after Tomorrow has come and gone…

• CATandMONKEY
      10:03 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

They would be salty if they lost an assistant to the assistant -janitor to us, to be truthful.

4. Laker Cat 18
    10:09 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

I’m not sure what I think about the Thomas hire for UK. I will say this…I know it’s business, but it is hard for me to respect a guy who gets a commitment in the morning and bolts in the evening on the same day. I will probably take some heat for this comment.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:14 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

No heat here. It is a reasonable concern though I do not know the details about that situation. If you listen to the UofL talking heads, Thomas was not involved in bringing in any of the recruits nor did he do any coaching. I don’t however, listen to any UofL talking heads.

• Realme
      10:14 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

No idea if it’s a good hire, but the Card reaction has been pretty fun, so I’m for it.

• ukjaybrat
      10:18 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

“If you listen to the UofL talking heads, Thomas was not involved in bringing in any of the recruits nor did he do any coaching.”

So what the hell were they paying him to do there for 2 years ?

5. Sentient Third Eye
    10:15 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

U of L fans are saying:

1. Thomas doesn’t really coach. He’s just a recruiter.

2. Thomas can’t recruit.

So they can’t even get their stories straight in their sour grapes.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:16 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

Well it IS UofL…

• J-Dub421
      10:19 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

According to U of L fans they were paying Thomas to do nothing for the last couple of years.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:23 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

Yes, according to the spin doctors, Thomas was apparently a “coaching beard” whose purpose was only to mask that Nick Petrino did all the work. Because being a position coach without getting any credit for it would have been such a desirable career move for little Nick. LOL!

6. Sentient Third Eye
    10:17 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

Matt is quoting Hamlet and doesn’t know it.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:25 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

Ryan would somehow create a hybrid quote that combined Hamlet and a Ross Perot sound bite.

• J-Dub421
      10:26 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

You can’t be surprised by this.

7. Cat House
    10:23 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

Mathew, are you going to address the 30 turnovers and weak defense that allowed better than 50% shooting by Florida?

8. J-Dub421
    10:32 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

My comment is awaiting moderation. Because of course.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:34 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

You and your gratuitous cursing and bashing, lol.

• ukjaybrat
      10:43 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

i know right, if jdub would present herself as a lady instead of a goon with a mouth like a sailor, she wouldn’t be moderated so much šŸ˜›

• Maybe the moderation software thinks she’s a UL fan! Hah hah!

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

I can’t say what I want to say, my comment has been moderated 3 times now.

• RealCatsFan
      11:14 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

HaHaHa – just tried to make an allusion to a certain Seinfeld episode, and I got “moderated” for saying “Moderation N-A-Z-I”!! šŸ˜€

• My profile was once locked out when I tried to use the word that we normally associate with a gross mashed up canned “meat” product. So I created an alternate one, which I also used on the Live Blog since this screen name is too long (that screen name was “bouzoukiman”).

I do believe this also was one of my problems getting a Gravatar, having created 2 profiles and getting mixed up about which email was associated with which, not remembering which email was associated with which profile in WordPress, not understanding WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org, etc.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:32 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

Watch your mouth young lady.

• Realme
      11:46 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

It’s like Awaiting Moderation is a little elf in the background that sees when you really want make a point and foils you with an evil laugh. It has probably happened to me half a dozen times, and not once have I been able to tell what word(s) I used that triggered it.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:52 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

CGiNWTTD- Bouzouki, as in the long-scale 8 string instrument? Greek, Irish? What is your standard tuning? I am stuck on the shorter-scale 8 strings, ‘dola being my longest at the moment.

• RealCatsFan
      12:00 pm February 2, 2016 Permalink

I think Jurich is secretly controlling the moderation feature on KSR. šŸ˜€

9. Fun fact: Lamar Thomas is the receiver who George Teague ran down and stripped in the 92 Sugar Bowl.

10. secrick
    10:58 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

It’s just fun listening to all the u of l people crying over nothing, the guy can’t coach, doesn’t no a thing about football, so why all the crying.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:12 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

Didn’t we also have the #1 player for 4 of 5 positions with the 2014 class?

• symphonist41169
      11:21 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

12. RealCatsFan
    11:33 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

Sad thing is that Gilmore may very well be the best candidate for president. šŸ™‚ If the “final four” candidates end up being Trump, Cruz, Clinton and Sanders, then IMO it is a sad statement for our political system.

• J-Dub421
      11:37 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

I literally vote for whoever I think will screw things up less than the other candidates. It’s sad.

• ukjaybrat
      12:12 pm February 2, 2016 Permalink

all contemporary politicians are a sad statement for our political system.

13. Realme
    11:44 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

Jamal is statistically on of the best freshmen we’ve had. He’s also unfortunately, like the twins, a guy that fans who don’t understand the game like to use as a scapegoat.

14. J-Dub421
    11:46 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

We lost at Kansas due to the officiating. We outscored Kansas from the floor 71 – 60. Kansas got a full third of their points at the free throw line. We made more field goals in the first half, the second half, and overtime. There was not a period during that game that we did not outscore Kansas from the floor.

• ukjaybrat
      12:04 pm February 2, 2016 Permalink

I accept that officiating will be slanted when playing on the road… It’s a part of the game… whatever. but they get more of a home court “advantage” when it comes to officiating than any other team in the country. And it’s not even close.

• ukjaybrat
      12:05 pm February 2, 2016 Permalink

That’s why they have more conference championships than home losses. I’ve seen several Big 12 conference games where whoever they are playing just got royally screwed for one reason or another. But there really is nothing you can do about it because referees are untouchable. and the second you complain about them, as a fan, you’re just a hater and a sore loser. and as a player or coach, you can actually be reprimanded for questioning an officials call.

• J-Dub421
      12:18 pm February 2, 2016 Permalink

It should trigger some kind of official review when one team gets that many more free throws in a game. I could have handled it if KU got 10-12 more free throws, but 25 more free throws simply equates to the refs controlling the outcome of the game.

Here’s the free throw breakdown by period:
      1st half: UK 8-11, KU 8-12 pretty even.
      2nd half: UK 4-6, KU 10-19
      OT: UK 1-5, KU 12-16

That’s 11 free throws for us in the 2nd half and overtime, but 35 free throws for KU. You cannot tell me that we foul 3X more than KU does.

• ukjaybrat
      12:33 pm February 2, 2016 Permalink

i agree… but there’s not really much anybody can do without the NCAA first acknowledging that there is a problem. and they won’t

• cats paw
      1:32 pm February 2, 2016 Permalink

so for every game we win and shoot more free throws its because we had the ref’s on our side?

• J-Dub421
      2:25 pm February 2, 2016 Permalink

Cats paw, find a close game that UK won over a big rival in Rupp where we shot 20+ free throws more than they did. I’ll wait. I won’t say it’s never happened, but I can’t think of one.

• UK Big Board Update
      4:28 pm February 2, 2016 Permalink

Here cats paw. Its one of several Louisville threads complaining about the fouling UL gets at Rupp. It has nearly 10k views and over 60 posts.

It doesn’t make up for the the fact that Cal owns Pitino to the tune of 8-1. šŸ˜‰

Piss off.

• UK Big Board Update
      4:29 pm February 2, 2016 Permalink

• UK Big Board Update
      4:30 pm February 2, 2016 Permalink

Hell, while I’m at it, here’s another….

(Keep in mind, these are from a game you WON)

15. symphonist41169
    11:53 am February 2, 2016 Permalink

Yes, Matt was a douche to that caller.

• CATandMONKEY