A Senior Day Celebration! (Wednesday Show Thread)

Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond have prepared two hours of excellent radio to give this year’s Kentucky Wildcat seniors the proper send-off.

Just kidding.

There aren’t any players celebrating Senior Day tonight at Rupp Arena, but the KSR crew still has everything you need to be ready for Kentucky’s match-up with Ole Miss.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

47 Comments for A Senior Day Celebration! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:09 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Gd mrning zzzzzz neeed nap.

2. Realme
    10:14 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Okay. I have to say this. If the reports are way off about Miller / Ayton… how do we know the reports weren’t off about Dawkins saying Coach 2 knew? Am I crazy? Disclaimer: Rick still deserved to be fired 3 times over, I just wonder if what finally did away with him was even real.

• ClutchCargo
      10:22 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

That would be really weird if Jurich and Pitino turned out to just be scumbags and petty criminals, and not actually felons.

• I disagree. I still don’t understand playing Ayton and sitting Miller if Miller was negotiating payment for him. Am I missing something that they said?

• J-Dub421
      10:57 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

With Pitino, I think there was a cumulative effect. It was yet another scandal. Also Bowen committed to U of L out of the blue; they weren’t even recruiting him. Something went down there.

• Realme
      11:02 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Chris, I’ve missed half the show, so I don’t know what the guys said. I just know the story of Miller being recorded arranging a payment for Ayton keeps changing. They don’t seem to know who he was talking about or when the conversation took place. I question whether anyone besides the unnamed “source” has even heard the video. Getting ridiculous how fast “journalists” have to go to print with a story in spite of not verifying anything.

• Realme
      11:03 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

*audio

• Realme
      11:05 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Jdub, I don’t doubt that, I just wonder if there is in fact proof Pitino himself was recorded being directly involved as was reported. But like I said, he still deserved to be outed either way.

• Realme
      11:06 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

*ousted. I quit.

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Do we really count Forde and Thamel as journalists?

3. That last shot at UNCheat’s arena was just.too.SUHWEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!

• Realme
      10:20 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Oh, the pain felt in that arena from that dagger…

• Yep. At least they can take solace in the fact that it wasn’t a tourney game like Dook 92 was for us.

UNCheat & Dook losing in back to back nights…priceless.

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

I looooved it! Just watched the replay. Nothing better than seeing UNCheat get their hearts ripped out on senior night. F those F’ing F’ers! 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      10:34 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Man, I haven’t seen that kind of soul-crushing buzzer beater in awhile. I watched most of the game, and to have it end like that was just beautiful!

• runningunnin.454
      10:40 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

The Villanova buzzer beater that beat UNCheat in the championship game was better.

• ^^^True RG!!!^^^

• ClutchCargo
      10:42 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

rg, probably so. But it wasn’t on UNCheat’s home court on senior day with a full arena of their fans on camera with their blank expressions of disbelief.

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

I hate losing on a last second shot like that (though I love doing it to other teams, Aaron Harrison anyone?). But it’s hilarious when it happens to Duke, UNC, or Louisville.

• ClutchCargo
      11:02 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

The UNC players probably didn’t have the energy this morning to get up and pretend to go to their fake classes.

4. Realme
    10:16 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Mingione losing his mind:

That is not okay. You are not nice. God bless you but I do not agree sir.

5. No seniors. My how things have changed. I remember one of the reasons the 78 championship was so important was that we had 4 BIG TIME seniors in Goose, Lee, Phillips, and Robey that we wanted it for, in addition to ourselves as fans.

6. lexslamman
    10:30 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Everyone give Kevin Knox and Shai Gilgeous Alexander a nice sendoff.

• ClutchCargo
      10:37 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

I get what you’re saying, but I totally disagree. I think that is ok only if they are 100% going and everyone knows it. Assuming they are gone isn’t enough for me.

• Realme
      10:52 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Senior day is for graduating players. And we will have more of those in the future, we’re just in an odd stretch right now.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:42 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Arkansas was hot last night against Auburn; I think our defense is underrated.

8. ChuckHayesIsAFullGrownMan
    10:51 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Matt. Stop saying “MissourAH.”

• RealCatsFan
      11:03 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

I think that is a rural thing. Have heard Oscar Combs say it that way too.

• ClutchCargo
      11:04 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

A lot of mid-westerners say it that way. Cincinnatuh is a thing, too

• ClutchCargo
      11:05 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Rural mid-westerners, I should say.

• ClutchCargo
      11:11 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

People who say Missourah also tend to warsh their laundry.

9. J-Dub421
    11:19 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

I can name a couple of regular posters on this site who could watch the Behind the Basketball series and still hate our players.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:28 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

I just can’t understand why Montgomery would go to Duke, where his position is loaded, versus Kentucky, where there is a need at his position. Unless the devil and the vampire throw a few duffel bags of cash at him.

• runningunnin.454
      11:33 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

It must be all the former Puke players in the NBA all star game, and setting the NBA on fire/s

• J-Dub421
      11:38 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

All I know is, former Duke players do not have the same type of relationship with K that former UK players (and Memphis and UMass) have with Cal. Duke players don’t seem to band together in the NBA like UK guys do. They can try to co-opt our “family” and “brotherhood” concept, but it clearly isn’t there in real life.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:31 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Matt needs to understand that some things are worth waiting for. Harold stories are one of them. Especially when it involves golden showers. 😀

• runningunnin.454
      11:35 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

A person that sucks the rattlesnake venom out of your butt is a……friend.

12. J-Dub421
    11:40 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

The governor of West Virginia sounds just like Donald Trump.

• Stuck on Blue
      11:49 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

I was just thinking the same thing JDub. Great mind and all, lol.

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Well, apparently he switched from being a democrat to a republican to be more like his idol. 😉

Does the dude have a goiter, or just a plethora of chins?

13. Realme
    11:51 am February 28, 2018 Permalink

Now he’s got Ryan saying plausible.