A Few Christmas Night Notes Then Back To Normal Tomorrow

Hello, friends. It’s me again, back for another late holiday night post. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with lots and lots of unhealthy food, holiday cheer, and time spent with loved ones and the ones you kind of love but tend to get on your nerves. You know who I’m talking about. You don’t have to point them out.

We just wrapped up the first annual KSR Christmas Vacation live blog — #shoutout to A.J. Ogilvy, Ellen Latzen and #TeamNB — so I’m getting a late start this evening, but I’m going to churn out what little news there is to touch on before we tackle every aspect of Saturday’s game over the next two days. Sing that last Christmas Carol before bed tonight, because it’s all about Louisville once we get going again Thursday morning.

Merry Christmas, y’all.

The players returned on Wednesday, confirmed by Johnny Football.

The Wildcats flew back to Lexington on Christmas Day to start getting ready for Louisville. Julius Randle ran into Johnny Football at the Dallas airport.

“Dallas airport” is still a touchy subject to several members of BBN. That’s my bad.

Will Louisville be favored on Saturday?

Expect a tight line whenever Vegas releases the odds for Saturday’s game. The only question is, which way will the spread lean? I can see it going either way but neither team should get more than two points. I think it’s going to be a pick ’em.

Your thoughts?

“Tree Fringe In.”

Oh Gorgui.

These Louisville fans stole our slogan.

But I don’t think they understand what being your brother’s keeper means.

louisville-fans

And who goes hunting in a red flag?

Jodie Meeks played well against the Heat.

Meeks played more minutes than any other Laker in Wednesday’s Christmas Day loss to the Miami Heat. He scored 17 points, second to Nick Young’s 20 off the bench, with four rebounds, three assists and two steals.

There is a rumor circulating that Memphis has proposed a Jerryd Bayless-for-Jodie Meeks deal, but there hasn’t be any mention of L.A.’s interest in the trade. Meeks is having a career year and he comes at a cheaper price, but the Lakers have some serious issues at point guard.

Terrence Jones is becoming a star in Houston.

21 points, 14 rebounds, three blocks and this dunk against the Spurs. He was the Rockets’ second-leading scorer and second-leading rebounder in the win.

“Brighter days ahead for UK football.”

For you VIP members over at TheCatsPause, Josh Edwards has a nice Christmas Day article on how the culture of UK football is changing and Stoops’ plan of action is rolling on after his first season at Kentucky. Edwards writes:

The Kentucky coaching staff has never pitched a road paved with gold and roses. The commitments know that this staff will lead to change for the better and are excited to be a part of the process.

In speaking with each of them individually, they know that change will require hard work and are determined to put in that time and effort. They each possess a thirst for victory and will accept nothing less.

Check it out here.

“Merry Christmas” from DeMarcus Cousins.

Things will be back to normal tomorrow.

KSR returns to its regularly scheduled programming on Thursday with the site going back to its hourly routine and Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond returning to the radio airwaves. The show will be coming to you from Fan Outfitters at The Summit in Louisville and the guys will be giving away a signed Mark Stoops football to one lucky fan in attendance.

Merry Christmas and Beat Louisville.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for A Few Christmas Night Notes Then Back To Normal Tomorrow

1. Sean
    11:36 pm December 25, 2013 Permalink

They’re hunting the most dangerous game: man.

2. Plenty
    12:02 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

They don’t even know how to hold their weapons correctly. They look like fools. At least they have plenty of material for a tourniquet after they shoot themselves in the leg.

• Birdie
      11:12 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

Do you think this might be a few guys taking pics and being silly? By the looks of the guns they have I don’t think they are really hunting retard! U of K fans will do anything to try to make U of L look
      bad. Wierdo!

3. Scout714
    12:05 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

Are the podcast working?

4. Chicago Chris
    12:19 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

Sportswriters should be required to go to a metaphor class. How do you pave a road with roses?

5. Hal
    12:29 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

ksr is now pitching vip-paid articles. while ksr has always said the ppl who pay for those articles are suckers…..

6. CardsSuck
    3:35 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

Why even show UL stuff on here so much I mean Louisville doesn’t exist remember! We look like a jealous girlfriend or a scorned fan with all of the stuff we post about UL. Come on man I go on their site and see nothing about UK so when I come on here I don’t wanna see them. Joking or not they suck so I don’t wanna see them here, is that too much to ask. We should focus more on BBN rather than what the dirty birds are always doing. Also UK by 20 Saturday #BBN. If we lose just use the following excuses they never fail: Too young, free throws, not enough heart, cheating referees, bad game. I mean let’s be honest, there’s no way the almighty BBN can lose a game fairly. We have the greatest recruiting class ever formed #9

• TardAbove
      8:30 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

It was obvious you were a troll in the first sentence. Seriously, go back to elementary and learn proper grammar.

7. BBN#9
    3:49 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

We’re ready for those scrubs Saturday. I mean look competition we have beat, Boise state a potential final four team and Belmont a potential sweet 16 team. I mean UL lost to NC by more points than us, we can’t lose. Never mind that we lost to michigan state and they lost to NC also. When a situation like that happens it always favors us no matter what because we are BBN. We are the greatest program ever #9. Oh UK by 15 maybe 20 since we’re in Rupp #BBN #looserville

• TardAgain
      8:32 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

Who exactly have your Dirty Birds beaten? Any potential final four teams? Besides NC has UofL even played a team that will make the NCAA tournament?

8. Josh
    7:08 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

When will the podcasts be fixed?

9. RealCatsFan
    7:21 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

Who wants to bet that #6 & #7 were posted from the same IP address? Shouldn’t you be playing with your new Power Rangers, junior?

• yep
      7:44 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

i was thkinking the same thing. I can smell that card fan all the way down in lex.

10. dshwildcats
    8:40 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

CardsSuck,

I respectfully disagree with you about Louisville sites never mentioning Kentucky or its fans, brother. Although I don’t post over there, I will occasionally check out what’s being said on Card Chronicle. Yes, they don’t have many articles specifically devoted to Kentucky; but, if you check out the “Comments” section, you’ll find plenty of nasty, negative things being said about Kentucky.

I spent several years posting on the Courier-Journal forums/discussion. I finally decided to give that up earlier this year because of the pure vitriol posted by Card fans when it came to Kentucky and its fan base. You simply couldn’t have an intelligent discussion with the majority of them about sports. If they didn’t like what you had to say, they resorted to the typical “Kentucky fans are a bunch of inbred, drunk, white trash, racist, trailer dwelling” garbage that we’ve all heard from them for years.

Finally, it really wouldn’t matter if KSR never mentioned Louisville on this site again. You would still have Louisville trolls that would be over here trying to stir things up.

• Right On the Money
      9:14 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

Great post.

• Stevie Wonder
      9:18 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

Nice post, but if you can’t see that’s a card fan posting as a UK fan, you might be blind.

• BlueRedNeck
      9:22 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

DSH, great to hear from you, my man! Hope Santa was good to you and yours. I know what you mean about the trolls and garbage posters, especially on the CJ forums. There were a few level headed Card fans over there who we could trade conversation with and an occasional good-natured jab, but they were drowned out by all the mouth breathers and knuckle draggers. I got tired of it too, but above all else I just don’t have the time to banter around on multiple forums any more. I do still occasionally trade a text or email with tony over there – he has always been a good guy and it is fun to trade some jabs with him, along with David up in Minnesota and a few others. Hope you are doing well, and that 2014 will be a good one!

11. schmowzow
    9:44 am December 26, 2013 Permalink

A big reason you have Louisville trolls is because of bleacher report. Every time the brothers douches mat and kyle tweet anything it goes on there.

12. WhatATard
    2:36 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

Hahahaha #BBN #9 after we beat UL by 30 we’re not losing anymore we’re just that good.

13. CardsSuck
    2:41 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

Why do I have to work on my grammar on a damn blog site, it’s not like I’m getting a college credit for writing. Oh are you just a grammar queen hahahaha. And I’m a cats fan you retard #BBN ALL THE WAY CHUMP. UK by 30 Saturday!!!!!