A Clutch Quade Green says UK Visit “Opened My Eyes”

Mohamed Bamba plays the role of reporter with Quade Green, via @JDrumUK.

Quade Green’s stock continues to rise.  He proved it in the first game of the day.

Trailing by one with 1:30 to go, Green scored eight of his team’s final ten points to close out the game for a five-point win. In his streak of six straight, he showed a pretty step-back shot and that he can take on contact to finish at the rim.  He finished with 26 points on 10-15 shooting, adding 8 assists and 3 rebounds.

The up and coming point guard for the PSA Cardinals visited UK last week where he received a scholarship offer.  He downplayed the facilities for all of the schools saying, “everybody sleeps well,” but one thing about Kentucky’s stood out.

“I seen a lot of pros on their walls, a lot of pros on their walls. That opened my eyes a little bit,” Green said.  He also noticed the fans right away, “People asked for autographs already. It’s crazy.”

Moving forward, Green hasn’t put a deadline on his decision, but he had an intriguing message relayed to him by those that are recruiting him at Duke and Kentucky.  With a couple of point guards competing for limited spots,  “It really comes down to who commits first.”

Watch the entire interview, including some kind words on Tyler Ulis, after the jump.

w

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

8 Comments for A Clutch Quade Green says UK Visit “Opened My Eyes”

1. ekywildcat
    1:18 pm July 7, 2016 Permalink

Cal seems to be all in on Young, so, does he take Greens commit if he wants to, and maybe lose Young, or could he convince them to play together? Decisions, decisions but that’s why Cal gets the big bucks.

2. ThreeGoggles
    1:24 pm July 7, 2016 Permalink

“On they’re walls”… they’re? Really?

• Bluebloodtoo
      2:04 pm July 7, 2016 Permalink

I know adults who can’t determine the difference in words like that. Why would you be surprised that high school kids can’t do it?

• TrueBlueBlood8
      2:39 pm July 7, 2016 Permalink

Bluebloodtoo, you do realize that Green is saying “their” in a verbal interview, but Roush transcribed it as “they’re”, right? I wouldn’t put that on the kid.

• ThreeGoggles
      2:49 pm July 7, 2016 Permalink

Oh I’m sorry.. I didn’t realize the kid who said that quote actually typed up this article and posted it to KSR as well. Lol

3. inside info2
    5:03 pm July 7, 2016 Permalink

i have heard that Robic only signs one year contracts instead of the standard two years. Each year he says is his last. I was told that he and Cal don’t really get along, they only have a professional relationship, but they both know what they have is a good thing.

• StuckinLville
      3:03 am July 8, 2016 Permalink

He has been his assistant for over a decade. Would you stay with your boss that long if you didn’t get along? I find this hard to believe.

4. zhale23
    9:07 pm July 7, 2016 Permalink

If it becomes an issue whether it Quade & Bamba or Young, I got to go with Bamba and Green even though Cal loves Young so much.