2018 commit Jermaine Eskridge ruled eligible

Remember Jermaine Eskridge? The 2018 five-star athlete committed to Kentucky back in July and this fall, has been tied up in a dispute with the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA). In April, Eskridge’s family moved to a house within the Jefferson High School district so his mother could be closer to a dialysis clinic, but in July, they had to return to their previous residence in a different school district because of structural issues. Eskridge’s mother filed a hardship waiver so her son could still attend Jefferson High and it was approved; however, a week later, Eskridge was ruled ineligible to play pending an FHSAA investigation. At the time, there was speculation Eskridge and his family were set up by the coaching staff at his former high school.

Thankfully, yesterday, Eskridge was ruled eligible to play and will be able to play tomorrow night. The Jefferson Dragons are 2-6, but still have a chance to make the playoffs, especially with him back on the roster. Meanwhile, Eskridge remains a hard UK commit despite taking an unofficial visit to Florida earlier this month.

Here’s a refresher on what he can do:

9 Comments for 2018 commit Jermaine Eskridge ruled eligible

1. pithuahua
    12:14 pm October 29, 2015 Permalink

He has been hyping up Florida lately on twitter.

• bluetwo2
      12:29 pm October 29, 2015 Permalink

I have seen his buddies commit to Michigan, Alabama and Florida so we have to keep this guy for 3 years. From his twitter account…… “really like how the gators program changed around a lot! They showing me a lot of excitement🐊🐊”

2. BAdams
    12:39 pm October 29, 2015 Permalink

It was exciting when he committed, the fact a highly rated recruit wants to come to UK, but I just dont see him ever coming to Lexington. Would be nice, but Stoops and company have a long way to go and I’m not getting my hopes up. I’m glad he gets to play though.

• Dr. Phil
      12:52 pm October 29, 2015 Permalink

Your approach is one that should be applied to EVERY SINGLE RECRUIT until they actually set foot on the practice field in August before the 1st semester they are enrolled. I’d say the odds of this kid actually arriving at UK are about 100-1

3. Cat Fan
    1:05 pm October 29, 2015 Permalink

2018? Let’s revisit in 2018 and see where he’s going. No way a teenage kid knows what he wants to do this early.

• Payload
      5:34 pm October 29, 2015 Permalink

He’d get hi ass knocked out by Kash Daniels anyway where ever he goes