2017 QB commits to Kentucky

Mark Stoops picked up his first commitment in the 2017 class today when Mac Jones, a three-star quarterback from Jacksonville, announced he will be a Wildcat.

Jones is the No. 20 pro-style quarterback in the 247 Composite Rankings.

Yahtzee.

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for 2017 QB commits to Kentucky

1. android guy
    4:58 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

What? No Yahtzee because it’s so early?

2. asdf
    4:59 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Welcome to the BBN, Mac Jones!

3. Scott
    5:58 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Need to get Yeast & Willis to jump on board early & jumpstart the 2017 class !! Jones is a solid way to start

4. Sam Smith
    6:23 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

I would worry about this guy. He went to 12 schools and only came away with offers from UK and ECU? That’s major red flag territory for me. If he’s an SEC caliber guy why don’t other schools like him? I have to really question the decision to accept the commitment this early.

• Brian
      6:25 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Or, Stoops and crew have a knack for spotting talent early……. It’s been proven before.

• WeareBBN
      10:30 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Bolles is one of the top programs in Florida. They are in a smaller class, not the smallest but third I think, but play for the state title often and have won it several times. Kid is coming from a good program and should be used to big games.

• J-Dub421
      11:29 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

He’s class of 2017, which means that Stoops and company have spotted talent early again.

5. fatbrat
    8:26 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

This kid is a proverbial diamond in the rough. My brother in law lives in the Jacksonville area and when I mentioned Mac Jones his ears perked up. His reply was ” that kid is going to be a legend around here”. Looks like Stoops has possibly scored again.

• Tampa satchel
      12:22 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

A legend in football from Jax is saying more than in most cities. To pluck a high caliber player out from under the FL schools would truly be legendary. I hope we hang on to him, especially if he grows another star.

6. Plano Wildcat
    1:35 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

Welcome to the Big Blue Nation! Shoot, I’ll say it – Yahtzee!