2016 guard Josh Langford commits to Michigan State

Mark Josh Langford off Kentucky’s 2016 wish list. According to ESPN’s Reggie Rankin, the five-star guard has committed to Michigan State. Langford is ranked the 2nd best combo guard and 13th overall player in the 2016 class by 247 Sports Composite.

Kentucky offered the Alabama native back in April, but Michigan State┬áhas led in his Crystal Ball for a few weeks. Have no fear–Kentucky still has irons in the fire with Malik Monk and Rawle Alkins.

8 Comments for 2016 guard Josh Langford commits to Michigan State

1. nets on nets on nets
    11:01 am June 22, 2015 Permalink

For Cal’s standards, MAN UK is really hurting on the recruiting front. I repeat, for Cal’s standards.
    Ever Since the Wisconsin loss, has anything gone correct for UK and Cal?? Looks like Murray picking Oregon will be the Nail in the Coffin for the class of 2015
    Langford going to MSU makes 2016 look gloomy for Cal as well, thought UK was the favorite for him. We already know that the 2 Biggest fish (Giles and Tatum) are going to Duke. Heck, even Lousville landed a top 10 class of 2016 recruit already. I’m Sure Cal will get some players, I just think the days of landing 3 or 4 Top 10 recruits have flown down to Durham.

• J-Dub421
      12:02 pm June 22, 2015 Permalink

It must be nice to be able to predict the future so accurately. Can you give me next week’s winning lottery numbers?

2. theSkinny81
    11:16 am June 22, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, the #2 recruiting class, which includes the #1 Center and #1 PG, sure does suck.

Back to a UK site for validation again, I see.

3. serdi
    11:42 am June 22, 2015 Permalink

My guess is Monk will go to Arkansas. There is so much pressure for an Arkansas kid to go to UA. When Archie Goodwin decided to commit the sin and leave the state, he was treated terribly. You will remember when he returned to the state when UK played in Fayetteville, the first time he drove to the basket, he was clotheslined by an Arky player…should have been a flagrant….but was not, but the kid got a standing ovation for trying to hurt Archie. Arky fans are as bad or worse for kids who foresake them for football.

4. Kyblue34
    11:50 am June 22, 2015 Permalink

Don’t hold your breath on Alkins and Monk. Alkins already has eligibility issues in high school, so he won’t be picking a college any time soon, if at all. Monk is a very strong lean to Arkansas, and I think most would be shocked if he went anywhere else. At this point, the only real UK leans I’ve seen for 2016 are Simmons and the center that decommited from UVA. I agree with the OP, for whatever reason, it appears that UK is just no longer an attractive option to most of these kids.

5. BtownUKFan
    1:04 pm June 22, 2015 Permalink

You can tell the wagon hoppers. They are already starting to jump off. I can’t predict the future and I sure as heck can’t read the minds of these kids that are choosing other schools over Kentucky but I have seen what Coach Cal has accomplished over the last 5 years and it out-shines anything we’ve seen since 1998 so “in Cal we trust” and I will continue to enjoy the ride.

• BigBlueBoom
      1:32 pm June 22, 2015 Permalink

Not a lot of wagon hoppers, just mainly a lot of trolls now that KSR has opened the message boards back up. Welcome back, trolls, we haven’t missed you but we know you’ve missed us!

• The Trolls