2015 UK Football Target, DeAntre Turman, Passes Away

deantre

DeAntre Turman, an 11th grade football recruit from Fulton County, Georgia, passed away last night after being injured in a scrimmage. The cause of death is uncertain as an autopsy hasn’t yet been performed. Johnny T. White, his high school coach from 2009 to 2011, had nothing but overwhelmingly positive things to say about Turman’s character.  “He’s one of the best kids I’ve ever dealt with in my 18 years of coaching, period, hands down,” White said. “He was quiet but always smiling. He had a real good spirit. It was always yes sir, no sir. He enjoyed his team, and he loved his teammates. Just a great kid.” Turman was also a very talented cornerback as evidenced by his early offer from Coach Stoops and staff.

KSR sends our thoughts and prayers to Turman’s friends and family.

Article written by Jonathan Schuette

32 Comments for 2015 UK Football Target, DeAntre Turman, Passes Away

1. Big Rich
    12:47 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Sad! Prayers for his family and friends

2. idontflinch
    12:49 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Sad to hear. Condolences to his family.

3. Matt
    12:55 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Bless this kid!

4. Wildcat Will
    1:08 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Just horrible. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

5. Thomas
    1:09 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Praying for his family and this is such a sad story.

6. Steve
    1:11 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

So Sorry! Family & friends stay strong!

7. CatFan
    1:21 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Wow, this is awful. Its always so easy to just forget how dangerous game this really is.

8. Buddha
    1:23 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Let’s take this family in BBN!

That’s what we do best

9. Wilbur
    1:29 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

I cain’t imagin the pain that the DeAndre’s family are now going through. Prayers sent for DeAndre and family.

10. Dave
    1:47 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Absolutely terrible news to read about the death of a young person who had so much to contribute not only as a person in life but as well as what he loved doing; playing football. I hope the family knows BBN will respond with overwhelming support in honoring their son.

11. Oww
    1:57 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

So very sad for his family and community. Just awful.

12. bigbluetrue
    1:57 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Deantre and family will be in my family’s prayers as well as ALL of BBN.

13. Delk for 3
    2:12 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

How devastating for this young man’s loved ones. Football is such a scary game. I have a friend who played major college football. He has talked about how worried he is about growing old and the possible repercussions he may face from all the hits he took to his head over the years. As a father of a young boy, there is part of me who would love for him to play football but there is another part of me who is scared to death of him doing so. I played throughout high school and know how rough it is on your body and your head. Quite frankly, there is a lot about football that isn’t too much fun. I salute all the young men who go out there full bore and risk their bodies. May God bless this young man’s soul and may his parents feel love from all angles. Rest in peace young man.

14. ...
    3:07 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Crap who we gonna replace him with

15. Steve Fitts
    3:23 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

As the song goes, he is “safe in the arms of Jesus.”

16. CPACAT
    3:25 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Moderated: please delete #14 ….Says, And his comment too!

17. Dufus
    3:27 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

We could have used his character and those “huge” hands. May God touch his family as only he can during this time. Blessings from the BBN!

18. ...
    3:33 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Best wishes to his family

19. red headed stepchild
    3:44 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Listen TARDS, have some respect. You want to be an internet bully? Let’s meet somewhere you piece of shit (14). You freaking low life, that’s why we hate your little brother a$$es. Mat you never have to deal with a death of a young person.

20. UKNation
    3:47 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

I was hoping the “passes away” was a poor choice of words for his QB’ing skills. Hate to hear this.

Sounds like he was a better young man than a football player. And he had to be a pretty good player to receive an offer already!! Thoughts and prayers to this family.

21. k2da
    4:11 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Prayers go out to this young man……14, I hope your’e a loner,because karma is so real.

22. Hey
    4:20 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

hey 19, shut up. you’re on the internet in the comments section. dear god, do you feel big and tough for typing that? because you come off as a little 12 year old boy trying to talk shit to a 25 year old. good lord the comment section of any website make me wish the internet was never invented. Of course god wont hear anyone’s prayers if they dont say so on KSR or facebook. 14 is a troll and nothing more an 19 makes our whole fanbase look retarded. grow up, the both of you.

23. Paul
    5:48 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Folks the word came out a little bit ago the kid broke his neck while playing in a scrimmage against another team from his area. And Hey #22 GOD does hear all prayers even those put on KSR comment section, facebook or any other place that they may come up.

24. red headed stepchild
    6:09 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

@22, I’m grown ass man. I can back my sh!t up. Trust me!!

25. BigBlueLush
    6:43 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

God Bless this young man and his family. I pray that the Lord opens his arms and takes him in and also that his family can find some peace. Terrible terrible news to hear.

26. BBN
    7:08 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

14 – you are an absolute bum. A kid lost his life and you find it appropriate to post that. It’s amazing how stupid you actually are. I’ve got friends who are U of L fans and wouldn’t condone your comments. I hope you feel bad thinking about what you posted scumbag. Prayers to this kids family and friends.

27. Hey
    7:30 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

#24, if you’re a grown ass man, then why are you threatening fights like a child, let alone on the internet like a spoiled child. Grow up.

28. Big Blue Phil
    8:48 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Sad to hear about this prayers sent to his family.

29. Blue To The Bone
    8:49 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

#14…What a TOTAL PUNK [email protected]@ COWARD YOU ARE AND A DISGRACE TO THE HUMAN RACE…

30. Karen
    8:59 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Unfortunately, I never met him but my husband is related to him and he is extremely distressed about this. I send love and prayers to his parents and the rest of the family.

31. Takethoseonionsoffmysliders
    10:46 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Hey, STFU!!

32. alan'sfamily
    11:35 pm August 18, 2013 Permalink

It’s very sad to heard this bad news. we really will like to help family like with a donation acct at wells fargo bank??? all our prayers are with you Tre R.I.P. and his family,& friends. Tre now u are an angel sitting next to God… we love you!!