10 Suggestions for Louisville’s College GameDay Celebrity

uofl-gameday

Louisville will host ESPN’s College Gameday this Saturday prior to its noon kickoff with No. 2 Florida State, and many fans are wondering which local celebrity will sit in as the show’s guest picker.

Last week, Dale Earnhardt Jr. held the honor of celebrity guest picker before the Battle at Bristol, after Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers sat in the chair outside Lambeau for the Gameday’s first stop of the season.

So who will it be in Louisville?

Former ESPN football analyst Tom Jackson, who retired from broadcasting earlier this year, is the most likely pick. Jackson played for the Cardinals from 1970-72 after another ESPN analyst, Lee Corso, recruited him to Louisville. His number was retired by the program in 1999.

But let’s say Jackson can’t/won’t be the celebrity guest picker; who’s the next man up?

I have 10 solid suggestions ESPN should consider:

gd-rick

Katina Powell: gd-katina

Article written by Drew Franklin

29 Comments for 10 Suggestions for Louisville’s College GameDay Celebrity

1. bigabes4uk
    8:53 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

Omg the stripper FTW. I have LOL’d for like the last 10 minutes at that one. You can just stop right there. Solid Gold. Their faces are perfect

2. Luether
    8:55 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

Looking forward seeing how Lamar Jackson performs against a good defense…

3. JewelieLou
    9:16 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

I would pick Paul Horning, I know he didn’t play at Louisville but he is the best football player to come out of this city.

4. Big Blue Shawn
    9:19 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

As punishment for stealing a paycheck, MItch should make Stoops be the celebrity picker. Then he could sneak into the locker room and get some coaching tips.

• stoopstroops
      9:39 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

Good idea. That way he could learn from petrino how to cheat on his wife and lose his job that way. Perfect…….idiot

• Big Blue Shawn
      10:15 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

Whatever it takes. Better than having that ginger, loser of a coach roaming our sidelines.

• KentuckyFootballFan
      11:16 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

Big Blue Shawn, whatever it takes? You would rather have a coach who cheated on his wife and was involved in a scandal? How ignorant can you be? Loser of a coach? You are the type of fan this program does not need.Take your negative attitude and poor morals and become a Louisville fan if you support anything about Petrino. ” Whatever it takes ” who else do you want? Art Briles?

• winagain1
      8:38 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

Petrino wanted the coaching job at UK… And guess what, so did the committee formed to help pick the next coach (prior to Stoops) .. The person who shot Petrino down was Mitch. Although there were some character issues and situations most people don’t know about.. It was obvious he (Petrino) was the consensus pick if it came down to winning games.
      He’s a winner plain and simple… I personally thought the next job Petrino took, he would have to show if he could truly be a better person and prove he had enough dignity to overcome the issues that proceeded his reputation. I think he is doing that, it doesn’t bother me to see Louisville having success, it does bother me to see us still struggling at our current level with Stoops. It’s clear and simple Stoops has and had proven to be a high character guy, a likable man, who everyone wants to see win. Without the hire of Calapari,…bottom line is Mitch would have been gone years ago. Calapari saved more than just our basketball program.. He is the reason and only reason Mitch still is employed by UK. I’m at a loss on offering any advice as how to help with the state of our football team.. I guess give Stoops one more year and hope we have a breakthrough, because i would love to see it happen.

• winagain1
      8:42 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

And sorry for spelling Calipari –“Calapari” I have struggled with that from day one! Mental block I don’t comment much, and spelling never was a great strength of mine.

• Booby Petrino
      8:46 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

winagin1: “I personally thought the next job Petrino took, he would have to show if he could truly be a better person and prove he had enough dignity to overcome the issues that proceeded his reputation. I think he is doing that”….well that’s your opinion and a lot of this fan base disagrees. That man still has skeletons waiting to jump out of his closet, and that smut that popped up on his Twitter shows he’s still the same ol perv…unless you honestly believe he was hacked lololol

• winagain1
      9:32 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

No BoobyPetrino. I don’t think you’re right.. I KNOW you’re right. That’s what Mitch told the committee. He said there were some things out there that hadn’t been released publicly and I quote. “I can’t hire him.”
      So you’re right. However.. I’m not a hater and I take no satisfaction in watching someone continually fail or fall. I hope Petrino has learned to be a better man as he helps shape and form the character of many other members of society… I know Stoops has character and good character guys around him. The one time I spoke with Eddie Gran heck we both had tears in our eyes and it had nothing to do with football it was a conversation about our children. Do not misinterpret, I want so badly for this group to succeed.

• runningunnin.454
      9:39 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

The Russians hacked Petrino.

• stoopstroops
      9:41 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

I can’t believe someone used the word dignity and petrino in the same comment. He is a good football coach and does win games but he’s a peice of sh*t of a man. Fact

5. lexfan
    9:37 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

Tom Jackson or Samuel L Jackson.

• cats42301
      1:40 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

Jesse would be a better choice for Louisville since they are needing to clean up their image.

6. RealCatsFan
    9:48 pm September 14, 2016 Permalink

Drunk Papa John is my favorite, but the facial expressions are indeed perfect for the stripper. Good stuff!

7. dmill4444
    12:28 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

Maybe they should bring in Mitch Barnhart since he’s the guy who allowed them to hire Petrino in the first place because Petrino didn’t meet his moral standards. St. Mitch is the most valuable player on their team for that astute decision alone. UofL fans should be down on their hands and knees kissing Barney’s PayLess penny loafers and ironing his Ivy Crew three button polo.

• Piedma Schwartz
      1:13 pm September 15, 2016 Permalink

Agree 100%. I want to win football games, not hire a saint. Kentucky will never be an attractive destination for good coaches without caveats.

8. cats42301
    1:32 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

If we were going to hire a guy named Art I’d rather have Art from Ice Road Truckers , EH? 😃

9. cats42301
    2:10 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

You would think the NCAA would step in and ban ESPN from doing Gameday at UofL given the nature of these allegations which involve women, illegal prostitution
    and unethical treatment of women that our country was past this. If the NCAA is going to punish North Carolina over legislation of what gender bathroom a person uses, then you would think that they would not want to let ESPN giving UofL any publicity. Is the NCAA condoning this type of treatment toward women? 😆 It’s a shame we didn’t stir this pot by sooner by contacting women’s organization

• Catphn3
      8:06 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

I don’t think the NCAA has any jurisdiction over what ESPN does and does not do.

• Mathlete
      8:19 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

The NCAA is ESPN’s second biggest draw behind football, they have no direct jurisdiction but they have a TON of influence

10. CatManDo
    6:27 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

The strippers at Minardi Hall looked more like American Pharoah than the stripper shown here.

• RealCatsFan
      7:44 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

Sir, that is an extreme insult to American Pharaoh, and his fans do not appreciate it. 😉

11. Beavis
    8:08 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

The horse will never make the show. Would be the only one on the show that could make an intelligent comment. Would completely embarrass the other four.

12. Mathlete
    8:20 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

How did a giant bottle of Crown Royal not make the list?

13. ClutchCargo
    8:26 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

Can’t go wrong with any of these, really. Papa John might not actually be that far-fetched. If you turn American Pharoah facing the other way, you end up with Ramsey, Jurich, Petrino or Pitino, take your pick.

14. BluKudzu
    1:19 pm September 15, 2016 Permalink

The tribute will be for Ali.