Yusuf Corker is coming back for the 2021 season

Kentucky safety Yusuf Corker has more college football left in him. The redshirt junior announced Monday evening that he will return for a fifth season in 2021.

“I’m excited to announce that I’m coming back for the 2021 season!” Corker wrote on Twitter. “One of my main goals is to graduate in the spring with a degree in economics. I also feel like another year with this coaching staff and our strength coaches will elevate my game and football IQ even higher.

“I’m ready to get to work with my brothers. Let’s Go Big Blue”

Corker finished the 2020 season with an interception in each of the last two games—the home finale against South Carolina and again this past Saturday in the bowl game.

He’ll be back for even more next fall.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for Yusuf Corker is coming back for the 2021 season

1. UKinIN
    6:13 pm January 4, 2021 Permalink

Lots of good news. Here’s hoping the QB, WRs, and offensive play calling step up. Could be a big season.

• trumpetguy
      6:48 pm January 4, 2021 Permalink

UKinIN, agreed. Clearly offense needs better QB/passing game production. Hopefully an influx of quality speed/quickness/elusiveness at skilled positions would really help. ON FIELD discipline must be emphasized by coaches as well. Way too many late hits/personal fouls after the whistle plays also. Lack of experience shouldn’t be an issue

2. JC3
    6:16 pm January 4, 2021 Permalink

I can tell you one thing he was all over the field in the Gator Bowl. If he plays like that next year he will hear his named called in the draft. Great, great news.

3. catfanmike
    6:16 pm January 4, 2021 Permalink

So glad to have you back! Great to hear you’re graduating this Spring with Econ degree! Best of luck! Go Cats!

4. panicpat
    6:22 pm January 4, 2021 Permalink

Agree caftan. NFL or not, him getting an Econ degree is the best news.

5. mashman 93
    7:44 pm January 4, 2021 Permalink

Our football team is ready to have another 2018 type of a season I believe. GO CATS!!!

6. satcheluk
    8:55 pm January 4, 2021 Permalink

This is playing out better than I could have ever hoped. I really hope next season pays off for these young men and we get to enjoy the ride.

7. UKInsider
    10:09 pm January 4, 2021 Permalink

Clearly a bright econ student because he understands that as he supplies more interceptions and bone-crushing hits from the secondary, his demand will rise in the NFL.