You can place bets on Tennessee’s next head football coach

Bleacher Report

Bleacher Report

If you’ve watched a minute of Tennesee football this season, you know there is about a 99.9% chance Butch Jones will be fired before the year is over. The program is currently a dumpster fire.

Las Vegas is so confident in Jones being gone that you can actually start placing your bets on who will be his replacement.

Chip Kelly is the current favorite, with Bobby Petrino and his prodigy Jeff Brohm coming in tied for second at +450.

Former Kentucky wide receivers coach Tee Martin at +900?

Anyone up for Peyton Manning out of left field at +10,000?

UK’s matchup against the Volunteers on October 28th is setting up to be a TREAT.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

30 Comments for You can place bets on Tennessee’s next head football coach

1. maximumscott
    4:06 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

Out of all the coach hires in the previous 3-5 years in SEC. Stoops was previously looked at as the one that wasny cut from the same cloth. Well, Stoops seems to have a pretty firm grasp on his program amd is continuosly getting better results and better players. Freeze(gone), chizik(gone), Miles(gone), Butch(will be gone), Smart( got left the keys to a very talented Richt talent pool), muschamp (too soon to tell). Stoops makes some mistakes and yes he doesnt step on the throat to win games but we are getting blown out less amd less each year. I would be willing to wager that we are in a chance to win every game the reat of the season.

I like my Coach!

2. Tony the Liger
    4:09 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

They’ll still beat us.

3. AGSlater
    4:16 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

Did you watch the game yesterday? Tennessee is still better than the cats.

• KYcats11
      4:27 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

How bout that clemson blowout for ya? Don’t get me started on your basketball team.

• AGSlater
      4:46 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

Cool. My team is UK. Tell me when our first game is so I can be done with this second rate coaching staff at uk

• maximumscott
      4:57 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

Hey its Slater the Hater.

• catsarerunnin
      9:28 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

Slater eats poo..

• damage_control
      5:42 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

I’ve watched every single UT game start to finish for years. My wife is a big UT fan. They’re trash dude. Seriously, they remind me of some prior UK teams that do absolutely everything they can not to win. I’m not saying UK is gonna beat them but this is the worst UT team I’ve seen in the Butch Jones era and they have no QB.

• damage_control
      5:49 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

I don’t know where all they’re top 5 recruits went because right now they basically have 2 playmakers – one on offense (Kelly) one on defense (Bituli).

• Eazy
      10:39 am October 2, 2017 Permalink

Yes, I watched UK beat a decent team. UK is 11-4 in their last 15 games. We will be favored against UT. SC is better than UT. I think UK will handle them with ease.

4. DennyC
    4:58 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

WHAT???? Kentucky is 4-1!!!!! WHERE IS MARK STOOPS ON THE LIST??? Isn’t he THE HOTTEST commodity out there??? Isn’t Mitch already constructing ANOTHER EXTENSION since were 4-1??? I just don’t understand!!!!! KENTUCKY HAS BEAT EASTERN KENTUCKY, EASTERN MICHIGAN and another direction school in MISSISSIPPI!!!! What is the problem????
    STOOPS DEMANDS RESPECT!!!

• KYcats11
      5:43 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

You left out South Carolina.

• damage_control
      5:44 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

Where’s your NC Banner? Oh yea- they’re using it to mop up the errr…”excitement” in Minardi Hall.

• krautdog
      6:13 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

STOOPS TO TENNESSEE!

• Eazy
      10:42 am October 2, 2017 Permalink

UK has the same record as UL and our win at SC is better than any win UL has. Petrino is 1-10 against ranked opponents since he came back. You mock our wins yet you celebrate beating Murray State and Kent State?! Lol

5. Reuben Cuban
    5:10 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

Be careful what you wish for. It was a good situation having the funky coach @ uavel, what with Hookergate and with the posse of payrollees – and parollees…and disease.

6. DrSayre
    5:17 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

“If anyone gives you 10,000 to one on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.” -Kevin Malone

• DrSayre
      5:19 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

Although I just realized I read the odds wrong… but the +10000 made me think of that quote

7. damage_control
    5:45 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

Lane Kiffin seriously?!? Lol…that’s a sucker’s bet if I ever saw one.

8. Solidtilt1
    8:17 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

Agslater go suck a nut dude and go back to louiville.. UK is better than anyone left on schedule with exception of Georgia.. they play up to competition and down to competition as most teams do but for you to say Tennessee is better you are a complete fool

• catsarerunnin
      9:46 pm October 1, 2017 Permalink

Slater sucks nuts better than anyone and that’s saying something since he’s a UL fan. They all suck nuts.

• Eazy
      10:44 am October 2, 2017 Permalink

Lol, exactly. UK is better than UL and has out recruited them for years. Louisville thinks their good because the blow our bad teams and best decent teams. They get destroyed by the big boys, though.

9. JTHinton