You better believe there are already bowl projections

Football is right around the corner, so prognosticators across the interwebs are releasing their final predictions for the 2019 season. CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm even put out some bowl projections, and he had your University of Kentucky Wildcats bowling for the fourth straight year.

Palm has the Cats playing Syracuse in the Belk Bowl on December 31 in Charlotte, North Carolina. New Year’s Eve in the Queen City? The basketball team hosts Louisville on December 28, so why not. It’s a very clean town.

Other SEC teams on the list:

• Peach Bowl (CFP Semifinal): Alabama vs. Georgia
  • Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Texas
  • Gator Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Mississippi State
  • Citrus Bowl: Nebraska vs. Florida
  • Outback Bowl: Michigan State vs. Texas A&M
  • Liberty Bowl: Baylor vs. South Carolina
  • Music City Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Missouri (pending bowl ban appeal)
  • Texas Bowl: TCU vs. Auburn

Palm has Clemson and Oklahoma in the other CFP Semifinal. Check out the rest of the projections at the link below.

[CBS Sports]

[mobile_ad]

6 Comments for You better believe there are already bowl projections

1. Parker_UKFanNC
    5:04 pm August 9, 2019 Permalink

I would absolutely love if we played in the Belk Bowl. It would be the perfect Christmas gift for me after I finish Basic training and AIT. Come back home to finally see Kentucky play in a bowl game. Living near Charlotte, I’ve only seen one Uk football game.

• mashburnfan1
      6:29 pm August 9, 2019 Permalink

It would mean we had a disappointing season though, probably 7-5. This team can be better than that.

• satcheluk
      10:24 pm August 9, 2019 Permalink

Agreed. That’s the worst bowl I would be interested in. Peach, Citrus(not likely again) or Outback would be great because it means we won 8 games or more.

2. wildcatifla
    7:01 pm August 9, 2019 Permalink

This team will go as the QB play goes. I fully expect the defense to take a step back. I still think the defense will be decent. If TW can get the passing game going this team has the potential to be even better than last year

• RAGE
      8:37 pm August 9, 2019 Permalink

I really think you are def right about TW and how important his arm is to our season… I just hope Mark Stoops will allow the offense to open up cause I just don’t think it is in his coaching personality… He wants to play and win like we were able to win last year… I hope I am wrong but as a fan base we may be expecting to much this year…

• wildcatifla
      8:55 pm August 9, 2019 Permalink

He was a Jimbo Fisher understudy for quite a while so was Eddie Gran. If you followed Florida state Football under Jimbo he was notorious for acting like the game was over as son as he got a lead. We’ll just hand it off three times in a row and punt because the game is over

I disagree with this philosophy because teams just keep hanging around and sooner or later it will bite you

Even a team like Eastern Michigan if you can score 50 on em do it. I don’t mind maybe letting the clock run out instead of trying to add another TD late in the 4 quarter if the game is in hand

But in the first half say we’re up 14……….don’t pretend the game is over