YAHTZEE! Former Louisville WR commit Demontae Crumes commits to KENTUCKY!

Photo credit: Charlie Leffler, BullittCountySports.com

Photo credit: Charlie Leffler, BullittCountySports.com

YAHTZEE! Former Louisville commitment and 2019 three-star WR Demontae Crumes has committed to Kentucky!

Crumes, a Louisville Butler High School standout, chose the Cats over UofL, Michigan and Michigan State, among others.

Rivals’ Justin Rowland broke the news this afternoon.

The 6-foot-1 receiver out of Louisville committed to the Cardinals back in February, but decommitted from the school in April.

“This has not been an easy decision at all,” Crumes announced on Twitter. “I have decided to open up my recruiting and visit other schools. I just want to make sure I’m making the right decision for me and me only. I would like to visit a few other schools to make sure I’m placing myself in the best situation possible for my EDUCATION and football wise. So at this time I will open my recruiting up and U of L still remains my top priority. Please respect my decision and please no interviews.”

Now, he’ll be a Kentucky Wildcat.

In just five games playing varsity as a junior, Crumes racked up 12 receptions, 340 yards, and four touchdowns for Butler. 28.3 yards per catch and an average of 68 yards per game. Not too shabby at all.

Crumes is considered the No. 636 prospect in the class of 2019 and the tenth-best recruit in Kentucky, per 247 Sports’ composite rankings.

Check out his full junior-year highlights:

Welcome to the good side, Mr. Crumes!

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

17 Comments for YAHTZEE! Former Louisville WR commit Demontae Crumes commits to KENTUCKY!

1. SuperTroy18
    7:37 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

He’s looking for a good education. No wonder he decommitted from UL.

2. jaws2
    9:25 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

Hmmmm, that means he only has a year to decommit 2 or 3 more times, awesome! Oh, and he’s 636 in the nation but 10th in KY. That says a LOT about the quality of football in KY. But we HAVE to get the KY kids. Why?

• shelby
      10:28 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

I wonder what randall cobb’s rank was in the state of Tennessee?? He was only a 3-star. Here’s a tip: pay no attention to rankings in football. Instead look at who was recruiting him.

• nellis234
      11:19 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

I wonder if you said the same thing about Benny Snell

• Wade
      9:12 am June 25, 2018 Permalink

How about 2 star josh Allen we have an eye for talent and we do a good job early. Hometown kids every yr we should be getting 4 of the too 10 no matter what. It’s a pride thing and those guys push the hardest.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:55 am June 25, 2018 Permalink

Once again, jaws2 is here to defend his title as KSR Dumbest Commenter.

3. kydrummer
    5:44 am June 25, 2018 Permalink

Some fans have nothing better to do than bad mouth an 18 year old kid. Get a life and pick another team to cheer for!

4. Ridge Runner
    6:30 am June 25, 2018 Permalink

After all these years, it’s still hard to get excited over football commits until they actually sign. The yo yo effect of changing their minds in so many cases still dampen the mood.

• sprtphan
      7:06 am June 25, 2018 Permalink

Agree completely.

• Wade
      9:17 am June 25, 2018 Permalink

If they commit and have decent offers and work hard to move ahead of others and get offers from Alabama or other top programs are you mad at them. It’s like Tyler Herro leaving Wisconsin bc he worked hard and got the call from uk. Local kids are always on any team from kys radar bc it’s back yard but sometimes leaving home for the big time is what kids want. Until we beat Florida and win bowl games and are always top 3 in the east with fl ga tn we will not get so many de commitments. And can’t make so many mental errors and have blowouts. Maybe get a few successful guys in the league that came under stoops wouldn’t hurt.

• Ridge Runner
      10:17 am June 25, 2018 Permalink

It’s not a feeling of being mad or happy. It’s actually apathy because nothing is certain.

5. bigbluechesticles
    8:16 am June 25, 2018 Permalink

Can we give the whole Yahtzee thing a break? Especially for a 3 start that’s ranked 636th in the nation and that will probably commit and decommit again several times before the season actually starts.

6. Wade
    9:46 am June 25, 2018 Permalink

Yahtzee is our thing embrace it…

7. StoneColdSaidSo
    9:58 am June 25, 2018 Permalink

OMG YAHTZEE! Did you hear that everyone? We got a YAHTZEE BABY!! YAHTZEEEEE WOOOO! Stop with that nonsense already, Jesus. It hasn’t been a thing for years, KSR is just trying to make it one.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:36 am June 25, 2018 Permalink

It got a reaction out of you, precious little snowflake. LOL

8. CombatMedic_98
    2:03 pm June 26, 2018 Permalink

Can you all YAhTzee when we sign a 5star please…you all Yahtzee when an 8th grader gets an offer or a three star from somewhere commits! 3 Stars are the average player with skill, 4 Stars are above average, 5 star are the elite…size speed skill and academics all A’s