Will “Muscchamp” named head coach at South Carolina

And now for some SEC East football news: Will Muschamp is now the head coach at South Carolina. Muschamp, formerly the defensive coordinator at Auburn and head coach of Florida, agreed to a 5-year/$3 million per year contract with the Gamecocks. He’s currently being introduced as the head coach in a press conference and there are already some laughable quotes coming out.

Gamecock Nation if you don’t think I can recruit, look at her and look at me. I can sell ice to an Eskimo,” Muschamp said, earning eye rolls from every female in attendance I would imagine. (Here’s Mrs. Muschamp if you’re curious.)

If possible, USC president Harris Pastides one-upped Muschamp with this opening remark: “I like how Muschamp is spelled with USC-Champ.”

That would actually make his name Will Muscchamp, but it’s okay, president Pastides. Facts are optional here.

Requisite angry Muschamp GIF:

8 Comments for Will “Muscchamp” named head coach at South Carolina

1. RealCatsFan
    11:44 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

Is USC’s AD taking lessons from Barney? Wow, what a “mail-it-in” hire. I bet GameCock Nation (is there such a thing) is soooo excited!

2. The Professor
    11:51 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

Muschamp out kicked his coverage by a country mile.

• RealCatsFan
      12:01 pm December 7, 2015 Permalink

Maybe we should have hired him as out special teams coach. 😉

3. Mathlete
    1:05 pm December 7, 2015 Permalink

“I like how Muschamp is spelled with USC-Champ.”

Nobody accused South Carolina of being an academically strong institution.

4. wofo
    1:16 pm December 7, 2015 Permalink

what does he even say in the GIF? I cant read lips well…..

• RealCatsFan
      1:41 pm December 7, 2015 Permalink

He was weaving an elaborate tapestry of obscenity that, as far as we know, is still floating in space somewhere over Gainesville. Darrin McGavin would approve!

5. ClutchCargo
    2:25 pm December 7, 2015 Permalink

“Gamecock Nation if you don’t think I can recruit, look at her and look at me. I can sell ice to an Eskimo,” Muschamp said, earning a standing ovation from every male in attendance I would imagine.

6. katmandue2you
    4:17 pm December 7, 2015 Permalink

Actually he stole that line, or a paraphrase thereof, from Donnie Tyndall at his initial press conference at UT. Bottom line….I wouldn’t kick either of their wives out of bed for eating crackers!