Why Kentucky Will Beat Georgia In Athens

uk-beat-georgia

Kentucky is going to beat Georgia in Athens on Saturday.

Yeah. I said Kentucky is going to beat Georgia in Athens on Saturday.

No. I have not been drinking.

Why do I think this, you ask?

Because Georgia is in shambles.

The University of Georgia football program is a wreck right now. Half the fans stand behind Mark Richt, the other half are begging for him to be fired. (And as Freddie Maggard said on our podcast, there is a third half and they don’t care at all at this point.)

Fans are losing their minds down in Athens and you don’t have to watch Paul Finebaum everyday to know that. There’s finger-pointing, name-calling and all other sorts of frustration surrounding the program and it’s not going to get fixed before noon on Saturday.

Hall of Fame quarterback Fran Tarkenton, a Bulldog legend, said yesterday, “This is not a good situation, it’s a bad situation at my alma mater.”

Because they don’t have anything to play for.

What’s the motivation? Georgia is practically eliminated from the SEC East, after being projected to win the division and contend for the SEC Championship in the preseason. Not to mention, they were widely considered a potential dark horse to sneak into a spot in the playoffs, as the ninth-ranked team in the preseason poll.

So if cracking the playoff was the ultimate goal, and it was ‘Atlanta or Bust’ at worst, what’s there to play for right now?

No matter what bowl invitation Georgia accepts, it will be a huge disappointment. It’s too late to play their way back into anything that will satisfy themselves or the fan base.

So why not mail it in? For the NFL prospects, and Georgia has a ton of them, why not protect those million-dollar knees? Why lay it all on the line now, against Kentucky? To maybe reach the Music City Bowl?

Because no Chubb.

Georgia has played two games since losing Heisman candidate Nick Chubb against Tennessee. Georgia scored zero touchdowns in those two games.

Sophomore running back Sony Michel has taken Chubb’s place in the Georgia backfield, and he will play with a broken hand on Saturday. Michel averaged just over three yards per carry in his two starts after Chubb’s season ended.

Because it’s Wednesday and Richt still hasn’t named his starting quarterback.

Richt probably knows who he will throw under center in the Kentucky game, but right now it is still a competition between Greyson Lambert and Brice Ramsey in practice, so Richt says. He is also re-shuffling his offensive line, with only one more practice before the game.

May I remind you, it is Week 10 of the college football season.

Because Shannon Dawson is going to utilize C.J. Conrad this week.

I don’t know this to be true, but it’s time Dawson unleashes Kentucky’s tight end. I can’t imagine Dawson will hold him back much longer.

Conrad has the best hands on the team and he is getting only one or two looks per game. That’s inexcusable. Send him over the middle and make the Bulldog defense respect the tight end position. Kentucky should make him a priority in the passing game, and I’m confident it will this week.

Because Georgia doesn’t use the same offense that continually kicks Kentucky’s ass.

Mississippi State, Tennessee and even Eastern Kentucky used versatile quarterbacks to pick apart Kentucky’s defense with the run-pass option and sheer athleticism to avoid the rush and pick up yards. Georgia does not have that kind of playmaker. Georgia runs a more traditional offense, unlike the offenses we watched trample the Wildcat D earlier this season and in every other season since Kentucky football was founded in 1896.

Because that’s just how life works.

This is one of, if not the main reason I believe Kentucky will upset Georgia in Athens and I can’t really explain it. The best way I know how to communicate the point is to simply say, it’s just how life works. It has been an up-and-down season for Kentucky football, and right when the wheels are falling off and fans are ready to jump ship, Kentucky will sneak in and get a huge win to confuse everyone. Because that’s how life works. We think we have everything figured out, then they flip the script on us.

Because it’s the most opportune time to do it.

Georgia is so vulnerable right now. The Dawgs are ripe for an embarrassing loss for that final straw on the camel’s back. Kentucky is catching them at the perfect time; and if the Cats can play fundamentally sound football and avoid backbreaking plays, Georgia will go down.

Article written by Drew Franklin

97 Comments for Why Kentucky Will Beat Georgia In Athens

1. Apocalypse
    8:13 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Well now, I guess I stand corrected. Dawson has been smarter than us all and has saved one of his best players for a huge surprise in week 10. I wish I were so smart,.

2. Catlogic15
    8:15 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Gee, hope Georgia doesn’t have a “players only” meeting.
    Those can be pretty effective.

3. Tommycatsfan
    8:16 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

You’re delusional. Try a “why Kentucky will beat Charlotte” story.

• Bourbon Breath
      9:11 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Using “Stoopid” in your handle means we should just skip over your comment bc you are clearly 12 years old and should be paying attention in school right now. Seriously, what adult would use that?

• CatsFanFrankfort
      3:28 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

^^Slightly Stoopid is the name of a band, FYI. Which makes sense for the play on the coach’s name. I don’t like the correlation, since I like Stoops, but there it is. He isn’t just misspelling the word and calling Stoops stupid. He’s at least doing it in a (not very much more) clever way. Idiots.

4. DesignateDrinker
    8:17 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Slightly better shot than Jack Conway had. Oh wait, he didn’t have a shot in hell.

5. Ken Whisenhunt
    8:20 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Shannon who? Has he been an offensive coordinator anywhere besides high school? Hey Coach Stoops, I’ve been a coordinator and head coach in the super bowl and am available.

• Reality
      10:10 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Why are you calling him coach Stoops? He’s not even been a high school head coach!

6. SCCat
    8:21 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I am on board with this – Go F’in Cats.

Thanks Drew for keeping the faith – makes things alot more fun.

7. And...
    8:22 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

there’s the KSR koolaid again. Drew is becoming an expert at getting clicks to the site…

8. Chris Berman
    8:23 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

And Grizzly Adams had a beard

9. WeedMan
    8:25 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Drew you must have gotten hold of some really good smoke man. Wow! If Georgia is in sn
    Shambles but is about to get a week’s worth of reprieve with the coming beat down of Kentucky. Pass that J man

10. LAUGHING OUT LOUD
    8:29 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Thankfully it’s basketball season!We had Bear B!what makes u think Stoops(crazy ginger)can do anything?Football fans are a joke,delusional as yards!!!!

11. Echo1
    8:32 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Do they pee test jurors? If not, they should.

12. Kussy
    8:35 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Drew all one had to do was read the first paragraph to see your post has no credability. Literary everything you said about Georgia, can be said exactly about us.

• Drew Franklin
      8:43 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Oh yeah. I completely forgot Kentucky was preseason top 10 and picked to win the SEC East and fans are crying for Stoops to be fired immediately and former players are publicly bashing the staff. Kentucky and Georgia are in the EXACT same situation.

• CATandMONKEY
      8:51 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Durned illiterary fans.

• symphonist41169
      8:36 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Drew’s skin appears to be getting as thin as Tyler T’s.

• Bourbon Breath
      9:12 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Drew’s reply was spot-on, didn’t seem thinned-skinned to me. lol at “literary everything you said”!

• Reality
      10:23 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Yea Drew. And the fans have completely forgot the great propaganda that KSR has spewed about our great recruiting classes, how much we have improved, how we had finally turned the corner, how Matt gauranteed we would own Tenn and Louisville from this point forward, how this team could hang with any team in the nation now (early statement in the year). Ky and Georgia are in the exact same position…it’s just Georgia fans know/expect better and are able to see reality while KSR and homers continue to beat a dead horse.

• Bourbon Breath
      10:25 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

I also want some Farm Animal Love

13. Kussy
    8:40 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

And Grizzly Adams, DID have a beard.

14. Rae
    8:47 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Are you sure you haven’t been drinking so much you forgot you’ve been drinking?

15. Whaaaa
    8:49 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

We don’t stand a prayer. There gonna run all over our D and Patrick will throw another 2-3 interception game… And Drew Barker still won’t see the field.. UK 14 GA 35 and that’s being nice. Still #BBN for life though!

16. Rise
    8:49 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Georgia’s motivation is to not lose to a horrible Kentucky team.

17. Kevin M
    8:53 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Every time you all post like this, we lose. I’ll believe it when I see it. Love the football team, but the way we’ve played lately, I’m nervous about Vanderbilt. Go ahead and tell us how that game is already won as well.

18. Shelby
    8:53 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I’d like to believe this, but this is nuts. Georgia is in shambles, so is UK. Georgia lost Chubb, UK lost Boom. The Georgia offense may be different, but I bet it is superior to EKU. Georgia hasn’t named a QB yet, but neither did Auburn. Go Cats

19. LAUGHING OUT LOUD
    8:57 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I’ll take spread rest of games(taking the winner(not ky)of rest of games for $125 a game!i did say spread

20. catfan
    8:59 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Our defense is like air and our offense is bad. No chance we win. Whoever they play at QB will be SEC player of week for sure. GA-36 UK-10

• CatsBy80
      8:22 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

how did you come up with 36? Pretty difficult to get to 36 on a football field.

21. DCHagy
    9:01 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

And these stories are why so many of us will be back early Saturday afternoon to tell you what a fool you are.

22. Dean Werner
    9:08 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Same Drew Franklin who said last week, we at KSR are smelling an upset over the Vols.
    “Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.”

23. Matt Jones
    9:10 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Drew will be my campaign manager

24. leon singleton
    9:27 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I hope they don’t ride us bareback

• ok
      11:09 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

bump

25. Ukcatzfan
    9:42 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

UGA could start the mascot at QB and still beat UK

26. Hack
    9:52 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

With all due respect (because you can say whatever you want after with all due respect) you have lost your freaking mind. But I like your style, GO CATS!

PS comment posters are salty tonight, sheesh…

27. Sparks
    9:54 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Honestly, if you’re all here at KSR to read how bad the football team is gonna get beat and all the negativity you apparently crave, then go to someone else’s website. I bet if you could find GA’s website, they’d let you know what you fans are REALLY wanting to read about. This is a freakin fan site, so they try to stay positive at all times, that’s what freaking fan sites do!

• Sparks
      9:56 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

And here’s some more freaking, because i used freaking a lot instead of the actual word it’s implying

28. pj
    9:57 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

We beat a sec team on the road for the first time in forever just over a month ago. Who’s to say we won’t do it again? None of us. Just the players and coaches. Let’s let them decide.
    Thanks for the confidence, Drew.

• Reese
      10:23 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

I think there’s a chance that we win, but Georgia beat South Carolina by 50.

29. timer
    10:03 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

UGA by 1….Game starts at noon – should be over by 1.

I hope I’m wrong, but Richt is a great coach with a roster full of four and five star players. His job is on the line. He’ll have them ready to play.

30. What the what?
    11:47 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH… Deep breath… BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

31. What the what?
    11:50 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

We will lose by 30. We will not show up in any of the 3 phases. This team knows the year is over just like we all do. Done

32. Andy
    11:56 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

If we get a beatdown, does Stoops survive till the end of the season?

• CatsBy80
      8:24 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

33. UK Students
    11:59 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Drew Barker won’t ever see the field at UK. People around campus know why. Dudes never sober. The people he hangs with, wow. Let me say, winners….

• Bourbon Breath
      12:36 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

I know him and Fatt Elam smoking Crack Cocaine and eating Ding Dong, and not the confectionary

• Bourbon Breath
      9:16 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

aw someone stole my name. Poor troll. If him and “Fat Elam”are doing those things, your syphilis-carrying coach Petrino will be recruiting them asap! Get a life, troll!

34. Believe
    12:09 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

I remember when Wildcat fans were so angry at Rich Brooks during his 3rd year as he struggled to lead the football team out of probationary years.. The year was 2006. I remember hearing Coach Brooks on the radio when driving home from work and he said, “I can coach football”.

Wow did he prove it! The Cats upset the Georgia Bulldogs that year and went on to take the Cats to 4 straight bowl games, winning the first 3 bowl games.

35. Bourbon Breath
    12:22 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

I hope they have some sheep cause ol’ Bourbon Breath is feeling frisky

• Bobby Petrino
      9:17 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Can I get in on that? I love frisky, no matter what it’s with!

36. Bourbon Breath
    12:24 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Ol’ Bourbon Breath knows he isn’t gonna say boot some Farm Animals

• Bourbon Breath
      9:18 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

^ this ol Bourbon Breath is a troll who stole my name. must suck going through life being a loser.

37. Yes
    12:51 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

So what? You beat a program that wants a new coach? This is like a basketball team wishing they could beat UK during the tubby smith days. You are beating a name only, it doesn’t legitimize your program..

• Booby Petrino
      9:19 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

lol that’s one of the dumbest things I’ve read in quite a while, and that’s saying a lot!

38. Letuspray
    1:29 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Pray for Drew Franklin!

39. Letuspray
    1:34 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Pray for Matt Jones and B.O.

40. BBN
    2:20 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

C’mon guys we might not win but support these boys! We look like a horrible fan base with all this negativity. Still have 4 games left if we win 2 that’s a bowl, a lot better than 2-10. I think we’ve all forgotten how bad it was.

• ALL IN
      2:25 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

100% agreed

• enough
      7:23 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

We haven’t forgotten Mitch’s coach in waiting and the dismantling of what Brooks had begun.

• timer
      8:47 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

We also haven’t forgotten Mitch’s dismantling of the solid foundation that Guy Morris had put down. Brooks took a solid team with one of the best QBs we’ll ever have and turned it into a mess. Morris went to Baylor. That worked out pretty well for Baylor….

• J-Dub421
      9:17 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Baylor fired Guy Morriss after 4 seasons. Art Briles is their coach now.

41. CatBlue
    2:51 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

It will take a miracle for us to beat Georgia, or make a bowl game. I feel sorry for Stoops. If he had stayed for Florida States’ championship he would be a head coach at a top program with a chance…

42. Wildk8ts
    5:31 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

I hope the guys really turn out and make it a good game. This is a tough 4 game stretch, and we all know they’re sore and sick of losing.
    Still, Drew, I might have use the title “Why Kentucky CAN…” “Will” is a bit of a stretch.
    And, I admire you for the passive aggressive poke/dare at Dawson. Agree totally, and well played!

43. Radmankd
    6:20 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Reasoning with your heart and not your head.
    You state Georgia has a ton of NFL prospects.
    We don’t. Georgia wins.
    Boom is out. Melvin Lewis is out. Same struggling O line.
    Same inconsistent QB. We just had players only meeting so we’re not without our own issues. Georgia wins.
    It’s Georgia at home. We’re Kentucky. Georgia wins because that’s just the way it goes.
    With that said, I believe in miracles.
    Go Big Blue.

44. enough
    7:20 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

KSR needs to stick to men’s college basketball.

If UK beats GA I will personally email Matt and beg him to get Courtney Sealey(?) back on here.

45. enough
    7:24 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

And stop blaming the fans! I’ve wasted so many Saturday nights over the past few months, as well as days and nights over the past decades.

46. JRock
    7:45 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Thank you for your post Mr. Franklin! I hope you’re right!

47. KYCATS13
    7:47 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

While I’d like to believe in this, I’m just not going to bite on it. I was going to go to the game if we had won one of the previous 2 or at least been competitive. I remember back when both UK and Tennessee had fired our coaches and what an opportune time to get them. We kept Joker on to coach, we failed. I’m 62 and could not stand the disappointment of getting crushed by a team that is in total disarray.

Last time I traveled to Georgia was in 1977 when we beat them between the hedges, 33 – 0, Prince Charles was there, it was wonderful. I’ll just live in the past.

Go BIG BLUE, prove me wrong. I want to wake up on Sunday disappointed that I didn’t go and see us blow them out.

48. JR
    7:56 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

I wish I had the confidence. They were embarrassed last week so theyll come out playing on fire and win by 40. And Richt will keep his job. On the other hand, a lot of our players come from Georgia, so theres that.

49. UKErik
    8:00 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Insprired by Drew Franklin’s courages prediction, I revised my own prediction and now call for the Cats to upset Georgia. The fans will now have to worry about Coach Stoops being courted by several big time programs

50. Elmer Skaggs
    8:12 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Did UK have players only meeting? How can you have a meeting with only one person?

• Booby Petrino
      9:20 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

prostitutes and cheating…these are the topics you should be talking about.

51. Drew and Tyler suck
    8:31 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Can this site please get some decent writers? I know Matt says it’s difficult to find good authors, but geez. I come to this site because Matt has an inside track with most of the basketball happenings in this state. But the rest of KSR is abysmal. Blast away if you like. Call me a troll. Block me. That doesn’t change that I am correct. If this comment evenakes it past moderation.

52. Captain Obvious
    8:37 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Just wanted to sneak on over and remind everyone that Tyler Thompson knows nothing about basketball or football. She should be barefoot and in the kitchen baking cookies. In other words, she is a dishrag [email protected]

• Louisville Basketball
      9:21 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Did someone say whore??? We love whores! We’ll even pay!

53. Nerds
    8:39 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

I love when Drew drinks and blogs.

54. Flippy23
    8:41 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

I guess I’m in the “who gives a &^%$” camp………another collection of under-achieving SEC doormats……just like the past 30 years……..

55. RICK
    8:46 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Kentucky has a way of bringing a team back from the bottom .

56. Fran Tarkenton ain't Walkin' in that door
    9:01 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Georgia is vulnerable.
    So was Florida.
    And Auburn.
    And Tennessee.
    Sorry, I ain’t buyin’ it.
    I’d like to, but no.
    I’ve been watching UK football for too long (since the John Ray days) to believe there’s any way it’s gonna happen.
    The really sad thing is, I’ll watch the game Saturday anyway. And I’ll be hopeful when something good happens in the first quarter. Then, when the inevitable happens I’ll be upset, like always, and say “I’m done with UK football for good!”
    Then, next week…….

57. JDawg
    9:17 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Can someone please explain to me how a Kentucky fan can get so wrapped up in the sport of football. Obviously, Kentucky is by no means a football school. In basketball, we expect to win national championships. In football, we hope to win 6 games so we can make some shitty bowl game. Not trying to stir anything up, I just can’t understand how a Kentucky fan can have such low expectations. Remember “If you aren’t first, you’re last.”
    And by the way, there is no way in hell that UK will beat Georgia in Athens. Not gonna happen, just accept it.

• Bourbon Breath
      9:23 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Remember “If you aren’t first, you’re last.” So with that logic, no one should care about their football team unless they are in contention for the national championship.

• JDawg
      10:01 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Not true. Kentucky football fans have zero hope for a national championship. At least other schools have a prayer.

• Bourbon Breath
      10:45 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

And it you’re not last, then you’re with me in the barn

• WildcatWill
      1:26 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

Some of us are actually bigger football fans than basketball fans. So every fall we gather in the great hope that the football gods will shine down upon us. Only we end up like Linus in the pumpkin patch…

58. The Rest of the story
    9:17 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Drew Drew Drew, unless there is rain and lots of it the Ga. defense will meet Towles in the backfield the same time the ball gets in his hands. We have no offensive line Drew and our only hope is to slow em down with mud and slippery grass. Also Horton needs at least 25 carries and Conrad needs 10 catches.

59. SoWhat Does It Mean
    9:39 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Okay if Uk beats the dawg’s what does it mean? of course the fanbase will say we have turned the corner.LOL Not so fast my friends !! It just says richt has run his course with this team more of indictment on Ga than Uk being any more improved the last couple of beatdowns have proven that. Sorry we are still not anywere near turning a corner even if we win.

60. Tommycatsfan
    10:08 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

I could put a team together from the posters on here and we could play UK defense right now and put 21 on them. No way they beat Georgia. They will roll us.

• Glenn Fohr
      1:05 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

I get to play quarterback!!!

61. Kussy
    10:35 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Everything you said about Georgia being bad, the same can be said about us you obnoxious drunk prick.