Where was Jason Hatcher?

When Freddie Maggard and I were leaving Commonwealth Stadium, we could not recall if we saw Junior defensive end Jason Hatcher.  Normally his vocal presence is impossible to ignore, and his coaches are quick to praise him.  Yet, the only mention of Hatcher was this brief statement from D.J. Eliot, “Jason just needs to take it one day at a time and continue to work on the fine things and the fundamentals.”

It turns out that one of those “fine things” was his school work.  After rumors of suspension began swirling, we are happy to report that Hatcher is NOT suspended.  He missed this morning to straighten things up academically in order to make practice this afternoon.

It’s safe to exhale BBN.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

15 Comments for Where was Jason Hatcher?

1. jaws2
    3:19 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

He’s been a little bit of a problem since coming here. I’m not a bit surprised by this.

• DylanG
      3:29 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

He’s not in trouble for anything. So what are you talking about?

• jaws2
      3:41 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

He spent WAY too much time with Mr Quick and the wacky weed for starters at Trinity. Followed that up with another ‘weed’ incident last year, and obviously doesn’t like going to class. What else would you like?

• jaws2
      3:46 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

• J-Dub421
      4:13 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

Hatcher has had two minor incidents and has been a pretty consistent performer on field. I haven’t heard of any not going to class. School doesn’t come as easily for some as it does for others. This doesn’t really sound like he’s in trouble, just that he’s making sure he’s not going to be in any trouble. No one knows what is happening, so don’t jump to conclusions. He could have just been at a tutoring session or something.

• Evan Trinity Grad.
      9:13 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

Watching Hatcher, Quick, and the rest of Trinity win a national championship was the best way to start freshman year. I can tell you from what I have heard. Trinity may have the rep for drugs. But the talent produced is not matched in the state of Kentucky.

2. Edward
    3:25 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

Come on Jason Hatcher, you have the opportunity of a lifetime. Take it and run with it, embrace it and become the this team and the BBN needs you to be. We’re ALL pulling for you. “til the Battle is Won”

• jaws2
      3:47 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

He’s been a little bit of a problem since coming here. I’m not a bit surprised by this!

3. Edward
    3:27 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

Come on Jason Hatcher, you have the opportunity of a lifetime. Take it and run with it, embrace it and become the STAR this team and the BBN needs you to be. We’re ALL pulling for you. “til the Battle is Won”

• jaws2
      3:47 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

He’s been a little bit of a problem since coming here! I’m not a bit surprised by this.

4. jdarren1963
    3:36 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

Whew!!! I’d hate for Hatcher to get suspended. We need him BIG TIME. He should have a great year this year.

• jaws2
      3:47 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

He’s been a little bit of a problem since coming here. I’m not a bit surprised by this…

• J-Dub421
      4:09 pm August 7, 2015 Permalink

Can you repeat yourself a few more times? I don’t know if I got it the first five.

5. Simply Put
    7:57 am August 8, 2015 Permalink

Hatcher has underachieved thus far. No question.

6. Tampa satchel
    12:06 pm August 8, 2015 Permalink

Getting decent grades is 95% showing up for class. My first degree I began at age 17 and “earned” while enjoying the frat life. I made it to about 50% of my classes and graduated with about a 2.6 GPA. Came back at 30, missed only a handful of classes and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a 3.95 GPA. That’s 1 B. I wasn’t necessarily smarter, maybe wiser with age, but I did all the work the second time. Not rocket science.