Where Josh Allen stands in the final NFL Mock Drafts

Which NFL team will be lucky enough to land Josh Allen? Here’s a roundup of the latest mock drafts, which have the Kentucky star going anywhere from No. 3 to No. 6.

Mel Kiper, ESPN: No. 4 Oakland

Jon Gruden would be thrilled — he loves playmakers on both sides of the ball. Allen had 17 sacks and five forced fumbles last season. He’s a force off the edge.

Todd McShay, ESPN: No. 5 Tampa Bay

All Allen does is pressure opposing quarterbacks, and his 17 sacks last season prove it. Tampa Bay could use a player with closing burst like that coming around the corner of its new 3-4 defense.

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports: No. 3 New York Jets

I heard there was a push by some coaches to take Ed Oliver, but in the end smarter heads prevailed and they opt to go with a major need player. Allen will be a force in Gregg Williams’ defense.

Bucky Brooks, NFL.com: No. 3 New York Jets

Gregg Williams would have all kinds of fun creating sack opportunities for Allen off the edge in an ultra-aggressive defense.

Charles Casserly, NFL.com: No. 3 New York Jets

The Jets need a pass rusher, but watch for them to potentially trade out of this spot.

Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com: No. 6 New York Giants

The Giants need a pass rusher and a quarterback. I’m hearing they’ll look to get a pass rusher first, and they land one of the best available this year in Allen.

Matt Miller, Bleacher Report: No. 6 New York Giants

The Giants could go in a number of directions at No. 6 overall—and many fans will want them to select a quarterback—but the most reliable information is that pass-rusher is the priority.

General manager Dave Gettleman will use the first of his two picks Thursday night to get the man who led the SEC with 17.0 sacks in 2018 while notching 21.5 tackles for loss as a do-it-all defender. Allen can play in a 3-4 defense, which is very important under Giants coordinator James Bettcher, and he has the skills to stop the run and drop into coverage.

A quarterback selection wouldn’t be shocking here, but a defensive piece is most likely.

If you’re looking for a storybook ending, root for Josh to go to the Jets or Giants. During an appearance on the NFL Network this morning, Allen said his mother used to work the concession stands at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, home of both squads. Now, he’ll be able to buy her an entire suite.

[mobile_ad]

11 Comments for Where Josh Allen stands in the final NFL Mock Drafts

1. BLUE WHITE
    12:34 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

I’d take him number 1 no doubt

2. samodamo
    3:19 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

I would like to see him @ Oakland, they are building something out there!!!

• KYJelly
      3:51 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Building something by trading away all of their best players

3. notFromhere
    4:01 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

He fits best in a 3-4, so it stinks that the team drafting first doesnt run that D. That’s the only thing keeping him from number one in this draft.

4. RAGE
    4:20 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Nope Kyler Murray and Nick Bosa is keeping him from going first…. lol don’t get me wrong he is a 3-4 outside LB and my favorite in the draft but Bosa, Quinnen Williams, and QBs in general is what is keeping him from being the first pick… Those 2 guys are studs and went to blue blood programs but all honesty can’t go wrong with most at the top of this draft

• RAGE
      4:23 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Some serious talent in this draft… I hope he goes to Detroit honestly… that is my team but I know if he was still around at the 8th pick history tells me they still find a way to mess it up… lol you can count on death taxes and the Lions messing up the draft

• notFromhere
      5:01 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Nope. If there was a 3-4 team up top in the draft, no one is passing him up for a QB or Williams if they dont desperately need either position.

I’d rather have him go to a better team than be wasted with a bad franchise. Want to see him succeed and have a great career first, though. Even if that meant going to the Patriots

• notFromhere
      5:06 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Watching Murray, I have no doubt I’d want him on my college team. Off the field, might want him to be part of my family. Hope he has a great career also.

For some reason my gut tells me he won’t and it makes no sense. If he was guaranteed a great coach, that might be different.

5. BackinBlue
    4:59 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

# 17

6. notFromhere
    5:21 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Giants need a QB more than anything

• njCat
      9:21 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

But not the one they picked. lol