Well what do we have here?

UK cornerback J.D. Harmon tweeted photos of a black UK football helmet with a blue UK logo on the left side and a chrome number on the right. It appears to be the homemade work of a fan but still cool nonetheless.

I might believe it if not for it being in someone’s backyard.

Article written by Drew Franklin

36 Comments for Well what do we have here?

1. chardun
    4:57 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

I like the look, if they wear the helmet a few times a year.

2. Shredder
    4:59 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

I like that helmet. Make it happen.

3. Anal Cavity of SEC
    5:02 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Looks good. Maybe it will distract from the 2 and 10 record.

4. STOOPS TROOPS
    5:04 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Blue and white is that so hard?

• Ha!
      5:33 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Kind of like how grammar and punctuation is hard for you?

• STOOPS TROOPS
      5:39 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Boy I may not be Einstein but even I see irony in your reply

• Ha!
      5:47 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

That was intentional, sir. And you obviously don’t know the definition of irony.

• STOOPS TROOPS
      5:59 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

That’s cool, but the joke was on you when you replied the first time. Go Cats!

• STOOPS TROOPS
      6:01 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

You should try looking up irony instead of claiming others don’t know the definition when you get caught in it. Have a nice day.

5. Dutch
    5:04 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

I say! Why NOT.

6. St. Paul Raiders
    5:12 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Only took four posts….

7. TheRealHambone
    5:13 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

… just thought I’d throw this out there one more time… SEXnNURSINGHOMES IS STILL AN IDIOT

• BUCats
      7:46 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Where did he go? Was he banned?

8. Old School
    5:24 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Please bring back white helmet with blue K.

9. EKYfootballCat
    5:35 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Here comes the but were blue and white comments lol
    I dont care if we wear pink and purple if the kids like it and we win im all for it!

• Uk Alum
      6:00 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

When they start winning games, then I will not care what they wear. Until then they have not earned the right to f*@k with the uniforms.

• GP
      9:31 am July 25, 2014 Permalink

No, we need to f*@k with the uniform. Our uniform right now is synonymous with losing. I don’t want to wear the same uniform that makes opposing teams laugh at us. I want a uniform that terrifies.

10. tuxedo park
    5:35 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

that is ugly.

11. 2020
    5:43 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

If 4-star recruits love ’em, I love ’em.

12. Dwntwn
    5:54 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

It’s a homemade makeup with a Riddell. Sticker and numbers probably bought at Meijer. It’s in someone’s backyard. Doubt official helmet would make it to someone’s house…..geeeeez

13. CPACAT
    6:06 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

The “Warning” sticker is the real giveaway.

14. Don
    6:25 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Hideous and I hope we never wear anything like that..We are blue and white..

15. Kat308
    6:42 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Love it

16. YoungCat
    7:22 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

All these traditional folks on here… SMDH… These helmets are legit. These would be a great shake up for a “blackout” kind of game. Perhaps against the dirty birds or the vols.

Everyone knows that the elderly are apprehensive to change. And if you’re an older individual and you disagree with that comment, then that is confirmation that you are, in fact, old.

17. YoungCat
    7:23 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Everyone knows that the elderly are apprehensive to change. And if you’re an older individual and you disagree with that comment, then that is confirmation that you are, in fact, old…

• tuxedo park
      7:35 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Just because it isn’t traditional ISN’T the reason some people don’t like this. It’s ugly. Poor design, plain and simple. Shiny decals, matte helmet, goofy fonts… I get that this is a homemade thing, but it’s an UGLY homemade thing. If UK wants to do black and blue, that’s beyond my control, but those two colors combined do nothing for me.

18. 2014
    8:02 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Wake up ppl it’s 2014! It’s nice for a game or two and there are warning labels on any and helmets, football baseball hockey

19. Tom
    8:21 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Heck, why not? Let’s make it a tradition to change helmets evey year. Funny how Alabama haz ben able to win wearing the same helmets for ever.
    But since we’re starting traditions, why not.
    I guess winning as a tradiation only for schools that like to wear dull helmets. So say that a winning tradition lack the need to reduce seating too. Just think of the money we could have saved by winning.
    Haw, ws don’t need to win, any one seen pressure on the athletic director to have a winning football program?

• Tom's Kids and family
      9:03 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

We hate Tom too…..

20. Delk for 3
    8:33 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

This helmet is awesome. Recruits would love this.

21. Sneezefart
    8:48 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

Love the look, y can’t we make this happen…like yesterday

22. lexfan
    9:43 pm July 24, 2014 Permalink

You guys love being in a Cardinals color. Blue and white not good enough anymore? My have the times changed.

• GP
      9:35 am July 25, 2014 Permalink

You gonna go there? Would you believe me if I told you that yellow/gold is still one of UK’s official colors? I mean, if we’re whining and moaning about how the uniforms might change, we better start screaming for the most traditional colors that there are, correct? So blue/white/yellow on all uniforms from now on, right?

Do us a favor and join this century.

23. YoungCat
    7:51 am July 25, 2014 Permalink

Since when did helmets dictate wins? UK doesn’t have a rich tradition of football so we have to do something to stick out. Look at Oregon… They were nothing before they embraced the crazy schemes and helmets. What did it get them? RECRUITS. And what do recruits get you? More than 2 wins.

And to you, “lexfan”… I feel pretty confident when I say that 80-90% of schools use black in some capacity in their uniforms. Oh and for the record, the UK baseball team has a black jersey, and they’re the best looking of the ones they have..

24. Royal Blue
    7:58 am July 25, 2014 Permalink

This or even the gray with the old school “Power K” logo would be cool. I know it won’t happen because the interlocking UK logo took the place of the wildcat logo but it would be cool for a throwback

25. Royal Blue
    8:02 am July 25, 2014 Permalink

What!!! Louisville is claiming we are trying to “be like them” because of the color black. Have u even watched sports in the last 10 years. With that being said’ do “they’ even have a black helmet?