Well, the Texas A&M Women’s Football Clinic sure was sexist

Many of you gave me grief for reporting Eddie Gran’s period joke at the UK Women’s Football Clinic last Saturday, but man, Gran looks like Rosie the Riveter when compared to the staff at Texas A&M. Yesterday, Texas A&M held “Chalk Talk For Women,” their equivalent of a women’s football clinic, and included was a reimagining of the “Aggie War Hymn,” which essentially told the attendees to get back in the kitchen and make them a sandwich (no, really, I’m shocked those weren’t actual lyrics):

We are Aggie women
We are filled with estrogen
Hullabaloo, canek, canek, and back again

Maroon & white are the colors we love
We are putting down our dish towels
And taking off our gloves

No more lysol or cascade
We want to score Touchdowns
And walk in the parade

We are Aggie women & this is our song
Come on… bring it on… no more thong
Hullabaloo, caneck, caneck., and so on…

If that wasn’t bad enough, check out these slides from the blocking drill demo, via @AnwarRichardson:

Be better, college football.

[Deadspin]

UPDATE: ESPN is reporting two Texas A&M coaches have been suspended for their role in the slide show.

16 Comments for Well, the Texas A&M Women’s Football Clinic sure was sexist

1. RICKSVD
    7:36 pm July 29, 2016 Permalink

I and a lot of non politically leftist women find it bigoted to insult women who do the job of home maker. A female role in all reality is to nature and be the home maker. No one gets pissed when some one says a man should work or hunt. Work, pave roads, run for office, but don’t lose track of the special purpose God gave you. And above all, if your at UofL, undress, take some bills and entertainment the student athletes.

2. trey
    7:53 pm July 29, 2016 Permalink

I thought it was bad but not the worst thing in the world with the fight song, but good lord who let the blocking rules slides make it to the final cut?

3. RocketMan
    7:56 pm July 29, 2016 Permalink

Only at A&M!!! ‘Gig Em Aggies!

4. onsides
    7:58 pm July 29, 2016 Permalink

Ms Tyler, I don’t know how I’m old you are (late 40s?) but you should have been told decades ago that only children justify bad behavior by pointing out other people’s bad behavior.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      8:40 pm July 29, 2016 Permalink

I’m 32 years old and I see nothing wrong with pointing out when a major college football program makes inappropriate, sexist remarks. Thankfully, the two coaches that put that slideshow together have been suspended for their actions.

• leon singleton
      9:05 pm July 29, 2016 Permalink

The coaches should be fired

• whatwasthat
      10:08 pm July 29, 2016 Permalink

Lol, they deserve a raise, Funny stuff. There are so many butt hurt people out there today it’s no wonder our republic is going down the tubes. It’s not sexist, it is sexual in nature, but that is what our society has come too, every conversation turns to sex talk regardless of the venue (except in church, heck mayb even in church). Our television shows are filled with it, ever watch a episodes of “two broke girls “. A true goddess is a mother who nurtures her children in responsibility and respect and be the foundation of a strong family, to degrade motherhood or homemakers is sexist.

• whatwasthat
      10:15 pm July 29, 2016 Permalink

To finish, the whole point to feminism is to degrade motherhood and the women who choose to be homemakers, now that’s sexist.

• scorpiocard
      4:32 pm July 30, 2016 Permalink

Imaging that Mrs. TT…you are.part of a fan base with a bunch of misogynistic uneducated a-hole hilljacks. Now you know why I chose the Cards as opposed to the team where I actually attended college (uk). What a bunch of embarrassing morons are commenting here. And before any of you get started on whores, that was a rogue assistant coach who did that, not large numbers of the fan base.

• WeareBBN
      9:38 am July 31, 2016 Permalink

UK fans are despicable.

5. onsides
    9:41 pm July 29, 2016 Permalink

Perhaps you should quit inventing fake screen names.

6. Chaz
    10:23 pm July 29, 2016 Permalink

And I thought blocking rules was Tomlin on a bad night. But it’s real. My apologies to CM. You’re classier than that.

7. C.W. Moran
    10:30 pm July 29, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, I won’t lie I immaturely found the slides to be rather hilarious themselves, but presenting them at a women’s clinic is where they went wrong and is way out of line. Especially if the women’s clinic is anything like ours as Tyler and Jen Maggard estimated most of the women attendees to be over 60. The slides should have been showen as a team or O-line “icebreaker” on the first day of practice. That would have been really funny and probably a big hit with the team. Knowing they are being presented to women just ruins the whole thing.

8. dshwildcats
    9:09 am July 30, 2016 Permalink

Lamar Thomas thought the slides were in great taste. He is sending his resume to A&M as we speak. Job Tile? Recruiter / Twitter trash talker.

9. JASON9999
    9:18 am July 31, 2016 Permalink

When your fanbase is spread throughout one of the more uneducated states in the union, they are going to hold retrograde opinions about almost all topics (women, race, immigration, guns, taxes, incarceration, global warming). These are the fruits of being ignorant. There is a reason the actual cities in this state vote so differently from the hollers.

10. brandonfromkentucky
    3:33 am August 1, 2016 Permalink

I genuinely feel bad for you Mrs T. I can’t respect you enough for still posting this kind of material knowing full-well that a large majority of the commenters are going to be ignorant a holes. Dont let them bring you down!