Week 8 Coaches Poll Released

(Photo via Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

(Photo via Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

Another week, another Amway Coaches Poll! This was a wild weekend of college football that saw some upsets, some sloppy games such as Kentucky-Georgia, and some blowouts. As far as the poll itself went this week, the top-5 in college football all retained their spots. Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Ohio State, and Oklahoma makeup those top spots respectively.

The big upset of the week, Illinois over Wisonsin, allowed for the next seven teams to move up at least one spot, with #12 Utah moving up two spots from last week. However, the Badgers were not the biggest losers this week! Boise State took an L to BYU, causing them to drop 8 spots. BYU now has wins over Tennessee, the USC Trojans, and Boise State. Unfortunately for the Cougars, they also have losses to Toledo and South Florida, as well as a losing record this season. The other big loser this week, Herm Edwards and the Arizona State Sun Devils. They dropped 7 spots after losing 21-3 against Utah last night.

r/CFB fan favorite, Appalachian State remains ranked and moved up two spots to #22 and seems to be doing just fine without Scott Satterfield at the helm. Memphis broke into the top-25 and sit at the bottom of this week’s poll. Washington and Temple were both booted from this week’s poll.

Some fun facts based on this week’s poll, there are still 10 undefeated teams listed in the top-25. The Big10 leads all conferences with six ranked teams followed by the SEC with five. The race is heating up for the four College Football Playoff spots, and it’s looking like the SEC could sneak in two teams again depending on how the rest of the SEC season shakes out. Will LSU catch Bama? Will Clemson win another title this year? We’ve got plenty of football to watch that will answer these questions and more.

Find the full Amway Coaches Poll here.

Article written by Jonathan Howard

15 Comments for Week 8 Coaches Poll Released

1. JPhelps
    2:33 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Inexplicably, the Cats get no love in the polls…

• 4evrUKBlue
      3:25 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

You may be way more obnoxious that mashbum and I didn’t think that was possible.

• cats646
      8:39 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

He’s definitely more obnoxious than mashburn. He’s become the very thing he swore to destroy lol. Seriously though, you’re a prick JPhelps. Why don’t you just stay off here till basketball starts?

• mashburnfan1
      9:41 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

4ever and 646…just because I don’t agree with you makes me no less of a UK fan in ALL sports. I do go to all football games, go to volleyball when the schedule allows around a home football game, same with UK Hoops. Been to many baseball games and even an SEC Baseball Tourney in South Carolina. Followed mens basketball team for years and love all the guys that play here. BUT if they are not as good as advertised I say so, like Skal, Twins and more. Not a bash on the young men, still cheer for them but not going to pretend they were not that good. Same with MY dislike for Cal because of his coaching and NBA over titles mentality. I don’t like it so I quit going to their games, however we are going to a home game this year as they have 3 Friday night games the day before a home football game so it makes the long drive more worth it. Last game I went to was when Fox was here, so not a real long time ago and he became my current favorite player, 2nd all time behind Mash. Because we don’t agree no reason to call names and such as we have all done and I will stop as of now. We, in the end, are still UK fans and BBN members.

• 4evrUKBlue
      11:03 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

I just said you are obnoxious and surely you don’t believe Cal doesn’t want to win titles. I think it’s damned cool of him to look out for these young men. Look at K he doesn’t give a sh!t about his players, he’s willing to win no matter what it takes and by that I mean cheating. And don’t even start with the Cal cheats unless you have ANY proof and if you do, you’re the only one. Why can’t you just not say anything at all if you have nothing positive to say about our program?

2. IndianaSucks
    2:47 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

In an article about the coaches poll… Why isn’t the coaches poll listed?

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      3:21 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Because it may allow you to form your own opinion, which is often frowned upon here at KSR.

• 4evrUKBlue
      3:27 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

There is a link to the poll for those who can figure out how to click on it.

• IndianaSucks
      5:28 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

I shouldn’t have to click a link to see the poll on an article…about the poll. That’s like having an article about the weather forecast but then having to click a link to actually see the forecast. Smh

• mm40
      5:51 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Wow, just how lazy are you if you get upset because have to take an extra second to click on a link?

• IndianaSucks
      10:55 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Not at all upset actually. What part of my comment translated to me being upset? Just simply stating my thoughts on the article. Sensitive this one is…

• 4evrUKBlue
      9:41 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Entitled much?

• IndianaSucks
      10:59 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

I’ll take that as a ,”hey you have a point but I don’t want to admit it”. Thanks man. Glad you came around to logic.

• 4evrUKBlue
      12:23 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Sorry you just plain lazy and feel entitled, probably a lawyer’s or doctor’s son who has been given everything. See how you take that.

• IndianaSucks
      12:36 pm October 21, 2019 Permalink

That escalated quickly. Well, here we go… Seems like you have a hard time with social interaction. Great grammar btw, that elementary education did you well my friend. Get out of your mom’s basement and get a job. She’s tried of supporting you and your gaming addiction. Your turn.