Week 10: Forgetting About the Last Two Losses

It hasn’t been an easy two weeks, but that’s why we have the KSR Podcast.  Freddie Maggard gives a few X’s and O’s, Jared Lorenzen keeps you away from the panic button, and Drew Franklin brings the laughs (even if they come at his own expense).  We looked ahead at what could be a perfect storm brewing in Athens, plus…

—  Drew Franklin puts his foot in his mouth.

—  Our instant reaction when we discovered Matt Bevin would be Kentucky’s next governor.

—  Drew Franklin puts his foot in his mouth, again.

—  The good things you can take away from the Tennessee game.

—  Drew Franklin couldn’t keep his foot out of his mouth.

If you aren’t already, you should subscribe to “Kentucky Sports Radio” on iTunes.  Normally we link to Podbay, but since that sites down we’re going to give this SoundCloud thing a try.  Listen below or on the app on your phone.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

27 Comments for Week 10: Forgetting About the Last Two Losses

1. Biglaw Dawgin'
    1:10 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Let’s call the next podcast “Forgetting that it’s football season” and focus on the real season that begins in 9 days.

2. MustangCat
    1:38 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

So, I love KSR, and Matt is ok too, being a Democrat and all. I just can’t understand how anyone can be a Democrat today, and not openly admit they are a socialist?!? If you haven’t noticed, that party pretty much admits they are now…..

• Linebeard
      2:01 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

And why are they always so easily offened by everything? The political correctness environment they have created is ruining society.

3. Matt Jones
    1:58 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

If elected, I will secure federal funds to build an on-campus arena and institute a huge tax on winning SEC football teams.

4. inside info2
    3:22 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I’ve never threatened to stop visiting the site. However, my views per day ARE down. But that is directly related to lack of quality posts, not anything political about the site.

And before you say anything, my page views per week are down, but my comments per week are up since the EKU football game. Luckily for all the Kool-Aid drinkers they will go back down once football season is over.

• inside info2
      3:22 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Sorry, this was supposed to be a reply to “LOL”

• LOL
      3:28 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Thanks for keeping KSR afloat with your comments. Matt should send you a royalty check.

/sarcasm

Still waiting for you to start your own blog.

• Bourbon Breath
      3:55 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

How do your page views go down but comments up? Don’t you have to view to comment?

• LOL
      4:34 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

^ Hahaha! Right?

• inside info2
      5:24 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I guess you probably couldn’t solve any of the “If a train is traveling 50 miles per hour heading south…” problems in elementary school either could you?

I used to check the site a lot more each day than I do now. I used to not comment every time I viewed the site. Now almost every time I check the site I leave a comment.

Previously viewed site 10 times a day — left 1 or 2 comments
      Currently view the site 5 times a day — leave 3 or 4 comments

• heheh
      6:12 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Thats a lot of checking in for a site whose owners you hate and content sucks so bad!! Haha!

And I thought it was “two trains leave at the same time….”…??

5. Kussy
    3:43 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Any party that is for Abortion, gay marriage, and openly booed God at there convention will Never have my vote. At least us ” Dumbed down” Conservative Kentuckians have morals and most of us fear the Almighty living God.

• LOL
      3:46 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Your comment wins the internet today!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

• Irony
      3:51 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I find it ironic that the most educated counties in KY (Fayette, Jefferson, etc) voted differently than the majority of the state…. and then I read Kussy’s attempt at a comment, and I realize its a sad state of affairs.

6. Just Say'n
    3:48 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

….Hey To be fair…

After literally a hundred or more years of Kentucky being DOMINATED in politics by your left sided, brightest educated, tree hugging, politically correct, and no guns allowed party, do you not find your comment about ” the largely conservative group of rural Kentuckians” just a bit moronic?

Your last statement ” And we wonder why we are ranked as one of the worst states economically and educationally….. must be them damn Democrats though, huh?” certainly summed up my feelings exactly why we’re in the predicament we’re in. That you cannot see the clarity in your own words is astounding for someone as bright as you believe you are.

You people on the left never cease to amaze me with your complete ineptitude to grasp the reality of what your control of this Commonwealth has done.

OH, and by the way bright eyes, we’re a Commonwealth not a State.

• To be fair....
      3:52 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Who said I was a leftist liberal? lol

Have fun in your coal mine. 😉

• Just Say'n
      4:03 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Ahhh, the nerve has been touched! The truth can be very painful can’t it? Just let us all know when you can bring yourself to refute what I’ve posted about your sheer ignorance of the situation you’ve agreed to and posted that your Democrats have put the Commonwealth in. We’ll wait……

7. asdf
    4:25 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Why should Matt want to run for office when because of KSR he is essentially controlling the “kingmaker” that holds the only real debate most people pay attention to? That makes him one of the most powerful figures in the state. You can’t get elected governor or senator now without going through KSR.

8. Kussy
    8:31 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

My attempt at a comment. WoW. But at least my comment is true.

• Well...
      10:10 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

And you are part of the reason why the rest of the country makes fun of us… but you just keep believing whatever you want – it doesn’t make it correct.