Wednesday’s Top 10: More Wildcat, Fall Signing Period & Baby Goats

I mean…

I got nothing. Let’s talk about sports.

1. Mark Stoops will be on the SEC Coaches Teleconference

Tune in after lunch to hear Stoops’ latest comments about Saturday’s matchup vs. Tennessee. I’ll also be on the call to see what Butch Jones has to say.

2. Get ready to see more of the Wildcat

Yesterday, Eddie Gran was asked about using the Wildcat formation so often during the final drive vs. Georgia, and said he regretted nothing.

“That’s what got us there, and they did a nice job defensively,” Gran said, hinting that he’s got more tricks up his sleeve when it comes to the scheme. “As you keep going you have to keep changing. You gotta add some wrinkles to it.”

Gran added that JoJo Kemp should be back this week and able to work out of the Wildcat, so maybe he is one of those wrinkles. Either way, get ready to see more Wildcat.

3. Tennessee’s a 13.5-point favorite

That’s down from 15 points when the line opened.

4. The fall signing period starts today

Seven UK targets could announce their decisions this week, starting with PJ Washington, Nick Richards, and John Petty tomorrow. In case you missed it last night, I broke down each recruit who may commit this week and where UK stands with them. Right now, I think Kentucky will land Washington, Richards, Quade Green, and Shai Alexander. I’m still torn on Trae Young. Scroll down to read my reasoning and feel free to disagree.

5. Shai Alexander will announce on Monday

After visiting Kentucky this past weekend, I’d be stunned if the four-star combo guard went elsewhere. Alexander will hopefully provide much-needed depth and consistency at guard, or, if Trae Young and Quade Green go elsewhere, he’ll be the main man.

6. Sorry, need baby goats playing right now

Okay, better. Let’s keep going.

7. Did you listen to my podcast with Ashley Gorley and Jennifer Palumbo yet?

If not, click here to check it out. Interviewing Gorley — a Danville native, huge UK fan, and top country music songwriter — about receiving the ASCAP Songwriter of the Year award was pretty cool, and I think you’ll enjoy it, along with Jennifer Palumbo’s preview of her interview with John and Ellen Calipari, which debuts tonight on WKYT.

8. The KSR Football and Depth Chart Podcasts come out tonight

Check the site tonight to hear Nick, Freddie, Drew, and Jared break down Kentucky’s disappointing loss to Georgia and look forward to Tennessee.

9. In case you need to feel better about America today, here’s Marcus McClinton singing the national anthem

God bless America.

10. Today’s radio show should be interesting

Listen in an hour.

43 Comments for Wednesday’s Top 10: More Wildcat, Fall Signing Period & Baby Goats

1. trumpet player
    9:06 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

God bless America!

2. bigblucrew
    9:07 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

1000000% Chance Clinton would be on the top 10 if she won last night. Grow up KSR

• Booby Petrino
      9:26 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

^^^truth^^^

• Dee
      9:33 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

AMEN…T.T. your stock dropped a little today.

• Sentient Third Eye
      9:46 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

The next step is to prosecute the two most evil people in America, the Clinton crime family. Justice will be served!

• FlySoup
      9:57 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

STE… you do realize he’s not actually going to pursue prosecuting Hillary Clinton, right? That was just a classic politician move to lie to you during the campaign to gain votes and then not follow through with his promises afterwards. They’re all the same.

• Luether
      2:04 pm November 9, 2016 Permalink

Couldn’t help but notice that the squeals of the baby goats sounded a lot like Clinton supporters last night and this morning…

3. MAGA CAT
    9:11 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

Gosh the taste of liberal tears is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet!

4. jrdh13
    9:22 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

why wont we ever throw out of the wildcat? or really even hand it to the guy in motion.?

5. secrick
    9:25 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

No Tyler i don’t need to feel any better about America, i fell great. Please stop with the little BS remarks.

• Dee
      9:35 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

well said

• chimichanga
      2:56 pm November 9, 2016 Permalink

Congratulations on being a stupid piece of sh*t!

Make America Hate Again

6. Booby Petrino
    9:27 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

“I mean…I got nothing”…aww you poor sore losers.

• Dee
      9:35 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

AMEN!!!

• RealCatsFan
      9:49 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t vote for either Trump or Clinton, as I saw both choices to be simply too unpalatable, but since Trump has won, I just have a couple of questions:

1. Will he release his tax records when his “audit” is over?

2. If the final election results show that Clinton actually has a higher number of popular votes, will he still claim that the system is “rigged”?

Have a GREAT day, everyone! 😉

• bigblucrew
      9:52 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

@realcatsfan if his tax records were that important then surely the democrats would have sped up the “audit”….and you should have voted democrat they missed you at the polls

• RealCatsFan
      10:08 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

bigblucrew, I am registered as an Independent for a reason. The two party system is corrupt and a major reason that so many things are broken in American Politics. Until we get a true outsider in the white house who TRULY has the interests of middle class Americans in mind, the deck will continue to be stacked for the “elite”. It is ironic that most of rural America voted for Trump to give a symbolic middle finger the the “elected elite”, when in fact, Trump is himself a member of that same class of “elite” and has been all his life. Donald ran for president to advance the interests of one entity – himself, and probably his business cronies. Sit back and watch, America, and see if anything really changes. Hopefully he doesn’t do anything truly embarrassing for our country, or worse yet, dangerous. I hope The Donald proves me wrong on all of this.

I think the tax records are very important to those of us who pay our fair share. Why should someone who is at the top of the economic food chain get a free pass?

• chimichanga
      3:01 pm November 9, 2016 Permalink

Well said, RealCatsFan. I can appreciate Americans being fed up with the same old corrupt system and its players, but Trump is the personification of unapologetic elitism. I can appreciate not voting for Clinton, but voting for Trump and ignoring the same problems just goes to show its all style over substance for many Americans.

7. ChrisHamby
    9:27 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

Mrs TT I am with you…this is unbelievable. My wife and I have been in a depressed haze all morning.

• Luether
      7:23 pm November 9, 2016 Permalink

Unborn lives matter…

Blue lives matter…

Black rifles matter…

8. CatManDo
    9:30 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

I now want a baby goat.

9. Dee
    9:34 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

TODAY IS A GREEEEEAT DAY!!!! Know your readers…..working America has spoken…don’t buy the media hype.

• secrick
      10:07 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

Well said

10. runningunnin.454
    9:45 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

Beautiful picture.

11. runningunnin.454
    9:50 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

BE kind, folks; everybody is entitled to their opinions and beliefs. There are poor losers, there are also poor winners.
    Tip of the cap to Clinton for conceding last night, and not dragging the country through a debacle like Bush-Gore.
    Obama has made the first move, and invited the president-elect to the WH tomorrow.

• bigblucrew
      9:53 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

This is a sports website? Be fair if anything…this show will be cry babies except for Ryan and Drew

• Sentient Third Eye
      9:54 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

Clinton did not speak, however. Vey classless. If it was because her DIazepam injection had worn off, then she gets an excuse.

12. Gridlock
    9:54 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

I take it you also believe in participation trophies.

13. meeksfor3
    9:56 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

KSR has a good thing going and I would hate to see them bring their political views into it and lose the majority of the followers. In case you were not watching last night, Trump won big in KY, so you may want to know your audience.

• Officeman
      3:22 pm November 9, 2016 Permalink

Totally agree. I have been coming to this site since its inception but now there are plenty of other sites that convey the same info that don’t constantly interject their political beliefs. It appears KSR has lost sight of what made them in the first place.

14. Angelo
    10:26 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

This team will win it all!! Bam will go number 1.

15. BTI Sucks
    10:28 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

Trump won over 30% of the state last night. I go to the games and have twitter, don’t really need KSR anymore for news. Been a reader since Jai and Patrick, would rather not leave, please remove political remarks. Know your readers, almost left during campaign. Not sure if it matters to KSR brand but just one person’s opinion here.

16. Rain1940
    10:30 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

Lay off of Mrs. Tyler. She didn’t say a word about politics or the election, you assumed you knew what she meant. You may be right but the anger isn’t warranted. You are aware that more than half the voters opposed Trump? Wait until you see what he actually does. He will either be another politician and enrich himself or he will actually try to do what he said in the campaign and bring ruin to our economy and hurt the very people that voted for him.

Keep writing Tyler, you are one of the best.

• Booby Petrino
      10:44 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

our point is that she would’ve said lots of words about politics and the election had Hillary won. But since she didn’t win, they stay mum. KSR has been all about politics until the Dems got their asses handed to them in not only the Presidency but also the Senate and House. Why lay off when hypocrisy is so obvious, why not call it out?

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      10:51 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

With respect, you have no idea what I would have written if Hillary won. In fact, I said very little this morning out of respect to people who voted for Trump. I’m sorry you don’t understand that.

• BTI Sucks
      10:56 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

Not making assumptions, it’s called recognizing sarcasm. TT made her position known throughout, I’m not particularly angry, just didn’t come here for that is all. I’m all for a good too soon joke…no PC! Just thought it would be wise for a site I’ve loved for probably longer than many on here to leave that aside today. Considering demographics Trump supporters may be a greater % of KSR readers than the margin was in KY last night. Would have been fine to say to those thrilled with america today or if you need a pick me up here’s the National Anthem! Tough day to take a hard stand on that side in this part of the country…oh well I’ll leave it at that and crawl back into my hole. Haven’t replied to any articles in a couple years, I can go a couple more. 😉

• meeksfor3
      11:21 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

You are aware that of those voters that opposed Trump most are not are not from KY or UK fans. This is a UK site and Trump carried KY by a large margin. The election has been mentioned on here for months when Hillary was looking like she would win but now nothing? At least congratulate the guy and move back to sports which was what made this site what it has become even if he wasn’t your choice.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:30 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

I thought Mrs. TT was respectful. Respect does not mandate thought. Republicans are supposed to be the ones advocating intellectual diversity.

• Officeman
      3:28 pm November 9, 2016 Permalink

Yeah TT I do think we know what you would have written. I stopped following you on Twitter during the debates because of your sharky remarks. I doubt they would have changed if Hillary won.

17. Rain1940
    11:15 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

BTI sucks: An apt name. TT had no sarcasm in her post, the one comment was more despair and it didn’t reference politics. It could just as easily have been about the football team or a recruit that went elsewhere. You and many others are assuming.

If you are correct about the % of KSR readers being even higher than the % that voted for Trump you are making quite a statement since the more educated voters went for Hillary by a large margin. Have a good day and assume what you wish.

• meeksfor3
      11:25 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

My wife is in elementary education. She, along with a lot of her college educated female friends, were not happy that the media was saying only uneducated white females supported Trump and educated females voted Clinton.

18. secrick
    11:17 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

BTISUCKS, You are so right. Ha come on back and talk on these post, it’s fun. They are sore losers.

19. Sticky Ceiling
    11:55 am November 9, 2016 Permalink

TT, your liberal tears bring me joy. Don’t be salty though. If Hillary won I would bet the farm that this post had a Clinton photo at the top. But, with Matt being a libby lou also I understand that you’re feeling the heat from the bossman.