I got nothing. Let’s talk about sports.
1. Mark Stoops will be on the SEC Coaches Teleconference
Tune in after lunch to hear Stoops’ latest comments about Saturday’s matchup vs. Tennessee. I’ll also be on the call to see what Butch Jones has to say.
2. Get ready to see more of the Wildcat
Yesterday, Eddie Gran was asked about using the Wildcat formation so often during the final drive vs. Georgia, and said he regretted nothing.
“That’s what got us there, and they did a nice job defensively,” Gran said, hinting that he’s got more tricks up his sleeve when it comes to the scheme. “As you keep going you have to keep changing. You gotta add some wrinkles to it.”
Gran added that JoJo Kemp should be back this week and able to work out of the Wildcat, so maybe he is one of those wrinkles. Either way, get ready to see more Wildcat.
3. Tennessee’s a 13.5-point favorite
That’s down from 15 points when the line opened.
4. The fall signing period starts today
Seven UK targets could announce their decisions this week, starting with PJ Washington, Nick Richards, and John Petty tomorrow. In case you missed it last night, I broke down each recruit who may commit this week and where UK stands with them. Right now, I think Kentucky will land Washington, Richards, Quade Green, and Shai Alexander. I’m still torn on Trae Young. Scroll down to read my reasoning and feel free to disagree.
5. Shai Alexander will announce on Monday
After visiting Kentucky this past weekend, I’d be stunned if the four-star combo guard went elsewhere. Alexander will hopefully provide much-needed depth and consistency at guard, or, if Trae Young and Quade Green go elsewhere, he’ll be the main man.
6. Sorry, need baby goats playing right now
Okay, better. Let’s keep going.
7. Did you listen to my podcast with Ashley Gorley and Jennifer Palumbo yet?
If not, click here to check it out. Interviewing Gorley — a Danville native, huge UK fan, and top country music songwriter — about receiving the ASCAP Songwriter of the Year award was pretty cool, and I think you’ll enjoy it, along with Jennifer Palumbo’s preview of her interview with John and Ellen Calipari, which debuts tonight on WKYT.
8. The KSR Football and Depth Chart Podcasts come out tonight
Check the site tonight to hear Nick, Freddie, Drew, and Jared break down Kentucky’s disappointing loss to Georgia and look forward to Tennessee.
9. In case you need to feel better about America today, here’s Marcus McClinton singing the national anthem
God bless America.
10. Today’s radio show should be interesting
Listen in an hour.