There are 207 more days until the first game of the 2019-20 college football bowl season kicks off, but that hasn’t stopped a few outlets from putting out early bowl projections.
Coming off an historic ten-win season and a Citrus Bowl victory, the pundits still are not completely sold on the Wildcats. All five early bowl projections place UK in the SEC’s second-tier of bowl games that includes the Liberty, Belk and Music City bowls.
- Sporting News: UK vs. Virginia in the Music City Bowl
- Brett McMurphy: UK vs. Baylor in the Liberty Bowl
- Athlon Sports: UK vs. Miami in the Music City Bowl
- Saturday Down South: UK vs. N.C. State in the Belk Bowl
- College Football News: UK vs. Virginia Tech in the Belk Bowl
It’s hard to blame the college football forecasters for pigeon-holing UK into the 6-8 win category after losing Josh Allen, Benny Snell and the entire secondary. If the seasons does shake out that way, Music City is probably the least likely option. Bowl games need fresh blood and the Belk Bowl in Charlotte is one destination still unscathed by the Big Blue Nation’s fingerprints.
If there’s one thing we’ve learned about Mark Stoops’ UK football teams, it’s that they often surprise you for the better. All of this could be thrown out the window if UK’s young secondary proves to be formidable and Terry Wilson transforms into a superstar.