WATCH: Pregame Tailgate Lot Fight at South Carolina

Kentucky’s game at South Carolina got ugly prior to the kickoff, and I’m not talking about the contentious coin toss.

In the tailgate lots surrounding Williams-Brice Stadium, a gruesome brawl broke out between fans.  The good news: it does not appear that any Kentucky fans were involved in the melee.

The two heroes of the fight: the guy who took more than ten seconds to remove his shirt and the peacemaker who showed off his best Chip Diller impression.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

8 Comments for WATCH: Pregame Tailgate Lot Fight at South Carolina

1. henderblue
    12:47 pm September 18, 2017 Permalink

Drunken idiots

2. Mathlete
    1:29 pm September 18, 2017 Permalink

Anyone doing garbage bag shots?

3. J-Dub421
    1:48 pm September 18, 2017 Permalink

Stay classy South Carolina.

4. BigBlueBass
    2:09 pm September 18, 2017 Permalink

Frat boys in whale shirts deserve an A$$ whooping

5. RUPPS.rhetoric
    2:12 pm September 18, 2017 Permalink

I’ve been to over half the SEC for Football games. South Carolina is by far the nastiest group of fans I’ve encountered. They also have this unsubstantiated feeling of importance, like their program is some sort of blueblood. They’ve been a slightly above average program at best, and mostly due to Spurrier.

• kyjake
      2:44 pm September 18, 2017 Permalink

I have to agree with this comment. I’m over the half way point myself and think I received the worst treatment I’ve gotten at USC this weekend. I don’t mind a good natured ribbing, and I’m mindful that it won’t be the most popular guy in town wearing the other team’s colors. But I vastly prefer the poking I got at LSU (“Hey Tiger bait… come on over here and let me get you a drink”) versus the mean spirited comments at USC. Aside, but the nicest fans I’ve come across so far are Mizzou. Some fine folks in the other Columbia.

• RUPPS.rhetoric
      4:57 pm September 18, 2017 Permalink

kyjake, I agree. I’ve been to Mizzou and the people were very friendly. Honestly, everywhere I’ve been people have been extremely nice. I’ve had really good trips to Ole Miss, Alabama, Mizzou, and Auburn. South Carolina has been the sole outlier.

• Eazy
      2:18 pm September 19, 2017 Permalink

The best part is we own SC. We are better than them at baseball now, too! SC is a women’s basketball school. Missouri fans aren’t bad but they can be very delusional. They think they are a good basketball school and have never even made a final 4. Kinda like Arkansas with less success.