Watch Mark Stoops and Patrick Towles on SEC Film Room

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 10.46.18 AM

Kentucky was the feature team on last night’s SEC Film Room on the SEC Network. UK’s head coach and quarterback reviewed the tape from Saturday’s overtime win against Eastern, explaining what went wrong and what changed to escape with a victory.

Watch the clips below:

The episode re-airs today at 2:30 and again at midnight.

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Watch Mark Stoops and Patrick Towles on SEC Film Room

1. Poppschmidty
    12:03 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

“See Patrick…you don’t always have to take a sack….you can throw it away.”

“Wow, I learn something new everyday…oh look, a kitty”

2. CatsBy80
    12:09 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

It is kind of hard to take him serious with that hair… Just saying. Just trim it up, dude.

• Chicago Cat
      12:16 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

Why does how he wears his hair make any difference in the world? It’s his hair and he can do whatever he wants with it. You’re probably one of the fans that had a fit the day we wore the platinum uniforms or the chrome or the blackouts. You need to get out of the very small box you live in my friend.

• CatsBy80
      12:19 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

and you couldn’t be further from the truth with your description of me. i loved the chrome helmets, the platinum jerseys, the black jerseys etc… I’m 26… Not one of the older generation fans that hate everything that isn’t blue & white… I understand that it is his hair and he can style it however he chooses… I’m just saying that it is kinda long and could use a trim. Relax.

• papasnapper
      12:27 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

The 1960’s come back and no one told me? Sounds exactly like the “tight trim” guys that gave me grief over the length of my hair way back when. Just wish I still had it now. Gone is gone.

• Chicago Cat
      12:27 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

And if he grows it down the middle of his back you’re just going to have to deal with it.

• CatsBy80
      1:03 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

It would appear that I have struck a nerve… Listen, I’m going to cheer for the guy to do well regardless if he is bald or has hair that touches the ground. All I am saying is that, from my vantage point, he could use a trim. Again, relax.

• CatsBy81
      3:34 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

Awwww CatsBy80 jealous he can’t grow the flow?

3. gobgblu37
    12:10 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

I thought Towles handled himself well with his explanations of what he was seeing during the game. Does he make mistakes, sure, the qbs who get paid to play make the same ones!

4. Math Matters
    12:56 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

I love how Towles declares that “schematically, this wasn’t a good play . . . because they rush more defenders than we have blockers.” Yet, when you actually watch the clip, EKU only rushed five.

Sure, Towles slid the protection the wrong way and the back ran a swing route instead of staying in for blitz pickup, but from a purely mathematical standpoint, you are NEVER “outnumbered” when the defense rushes only five.

Offensive linemen can’t run pass routes, Patty Ice. Slide your protection to the blitz next time (and/or learn to count to five).

• KT
      1:36 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

I saw that too. It looked like we had the right number of blockers but not enough on the right side where we needed them. EKU showed a blitz on the left and then brought both the DE and the LB on the right which I guess was what he was talking about. Still, we had the right number of blockers for everyone they brought, just not in the right spot on the field to make the play.

I like Patrick though, I think he is the best QB we’ve had in a LONG time going back several years. I think he’s smart and making mostly good decisions but his consistency (and that of the offense in general) gets me frustrated sometimes. I still like the progress and direction we are heading in and we get Mr. Boom back next week which is going to be nice.

5. Love
    1:51 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

I love Pat. I also love Coach. As a matter of fact, I love Kentucky football. Go Cats.

• Jennifer Anniston's deodorant