The Big Blue Nation has invaded Charlotte.
This evening, KSR’s own Nick Roush was in attendance for the official Kentucky Belk Bowl Pep Rally, and to no one’s surprise, UK fans showed out.
Located in the Epicentre in Uptown, the pregame pep rally featuring cheerleaders, the UK marching band, and the Wildcat, fans had the opportunity to get ready for the big game.
Take a look at KSR’s footage:
According to Charlie Walter of LEX18, the crowd in Charlotte is roughly “90%-10% in favor of UK” over Virginia Tech fans.
At a pep rally for both teams. They just introduced fans of both teams. It has to be 90%-10% in favor of UK. pic.twitter.com/mlYBCX0AQs
— Charlie Walter (@CharlieWalterTV) December 30, 2019
You can get another solid look at the fan distribution in the sky camera here:
— Kentucky Athletics (@UKAthletics) December 31, 2019
As mentioned on the site earlier today, tomorrow morning, the party moves to the Belk Bowl FanFest outside of Bank of America Stadium. This pregame event is open from 9 a.m. to noon and is the perfect combination of family fun, great food and entertainment with live musical acts, interactive games, face painting, official bowl and school merchandise sales. Cheerleaders and pep bands from both schools will be on hand to get fans ready for kickoff.
Here is a schedule of events:
- 9:00am – FanFest opens to the public
- 9:30am – FanFest Stage music performance by Late Night Special
- 10:00am – PurrCussion, Black & Blue Crew, and Belkie perform
- 10:30am – Belk Bowl Gates Open
- 11:00am – FanFest Stage music performance by Late Night Special
- 11:45am – Food and Beverage Sales Stop
- 12:00pm – FanFest is closed, Belk Bowl Kickoff