Benny Snell’s Heisman chances are on the rise, and in response, Kentucky just debuted a new website for his awards campaign: SnellYeah.com. In a video by KyWildcatsTV, Benny describes his journey from a three-star recruit to one of the best running backs in the country. It will give you chills.
“Nothing’s ever been given to me. I’ve been overlooked longer than I can remember. Schools didn’t offer. I ran harder. When I got my opportunity, I took it. It’s a good thing I love this game.
“But even as the yards piled up, I got my haters. You can knock me down. You can say I’m just alright. You can call the numbers lucky. You can call me nothing special. You can tell people not to buy the hype. That’s fine.
“I don’t play for recognition. I don’t play for awards. I play for Kentucky.”
Benny’s career stats via the site:
- 2,964 career rushing yards (36 yards from becoming the third Wildcat with 3,000)
- 15 career 100-yard games (three away from tying school record)
- 39 total touchdowns, breaking Randall Cobb’s UK record
- Set the school record for points in a season with 116 in 2017
- Set the school record for touchdowns in a season with 19 in 2017
- Already ranks seventh in SEC history for touchdowns prior to a player’s senior season, 10 away from tying Herschel Walker’s record
- On pace to enter SEC’s top-10 all-time leading rushers by the end of this season
The rest of the nation’s finally finding out what we’ve known for years: this kid is special.